Expired Hot Deals

Koodo

Koodo cyber Monday 20gb $55

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2021 11:27 am
Jul 22, 2020
129 posts
161 upvotes
It's not letting me take the plan without buying a new phone and I don't want a new phone even if its only $1 because that will prevent me from getting another new phone for 24 months no?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1644 posts
316 upvotes
nanoquad wrote: It's not letting me take the plan without buying a new phone and I don't want a new phone even if its only $1 because that will prevent me from getting another new phone for 24 months no?
in the same boat and call backs are not available till tmrw which i assume they are going to say it was only for today
kinda lame but only option is to port out to another company today or try your luck on boxing day for another deal
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28452 posts
14000 upvotes
geokilla wrote: Koodo, Fido, and Virgin has always been 4G LTE only. Telus, Bell, and Rogers are reserving 5G for the premium brand for now.
There's not a massive difference between LTE and "5G" anyways.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2006
1300 posts
400 upvotes
Toronto
Even if I add a phone upgrade, the $55 plan disappears and it gives me other plans (like $65/25GB and $70/30GB) in its place. I've tried every phone but no success.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2017
1085 posts
1122 upvotes
Vancouver
nanoquad wrote: I noticed these new deals say " Shock-Free data at 4G LTE speed" whereas my current plan just says "Shock-free Data", it doesn't mention anything about only being 4g. I wonder if these new plans will limit you to just 4G but existing plans that do not have that language worded in will get 5G?
geokilla wrote: Koodo, Fido, and Virgin has always been 4G LTE only. Telus, Bell, and Rogers are reserving 5G for the premium brand for now.
Yes to add to this. It must be on one of their "infinite/Unlimited plans too" (the ones with no data overage)

So plans that were signed up on Before June 2019 wouldn't qualify.

Also Rogers/Fido winback plans don't qualify either as they are not considered "infinite" plans.
Feb 25, 2009
171 posts
67 upvotes
Mississauga
BuildBuyBreed wrote: Even if I add a phone upgrade, the $55 plan disappears and it gives me other plans (like $65/25GB and $70/30GB) in its place. I've tried every phone but no success.
Same issue as well.
"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3062 posts
2474 upvotes
GVRD
Keep in mind you have 15 days to back out from your contract, that means taking a trip back to the place you got the phone and they have to reverse everything and set you up again.
Jul 17, 2020
5 posts
10 upvotes
Still have yet to find something worth jumping ship from mine I've had for a few years, but this is a very close comparable.

6GB/$40 Public Mobile transfer plan
4GB/$0 Add-on, matched a comparable Freedom offer a while back
9GB/$13 Add-on, text promo

Hair under $60 taxes in, and this is a couple dollars off that. Great deal.
Jul 12, 2008
160 posts
57 upvotes
I opened a new Fido account on Saturday, online chat rep would not apply the $55/20GB plan.
Jan 12, 2017
107 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
If I upgraded my phone a few months ago, can I upgrade my plan and phone without incurring any penalties beyond paying off the tab? Do I need to pay off the tab bonus balance as well?
Formerly known as feelthedeal
Sep 6, 2012
195 posts
154 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
o1Jeff wrote: damn doesnt allow me to change it on my current BYOD - requires me to pick a phone and koodo wont call back until tomorrow...
With the bot say you are canceling, and you can pick a call back tonight, mine is at 6:30 pm
Dec 7, 2020
394 posts
259 upvotes
I have a Bell 20gb $55 winback promo code. Anyone needs it can dm me
Images
  • Screenshot_20211129-192537_Email.jpg
Jul 22, 2020
129 posts
161 upvotes
Shawzborne wrote: With the bot say you are canceling, and you can pick a call back tonight, mine is at 6:30 pm
I tried that and best I could get Is 6am tomorrow ...hopefully they honour today's deal
Dec 14, 2014
7 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP, great deal. Also comes with $50 first bill credit per order, connection fee waived (always is when purchased online).

Snagged the free Lenovo Tablet deal ($446 value), and my wife is getting the iPhone XS Max for $24 all in. Too good to pass up!
Dec 14, 2014
7 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
scorpion85 wrote: I have a Bell 20gb $55 winback promo code. Anyone needs it can dm me
That's the current Cyber Monday deal for any subscriber. I'm moving from Bell anyways to get away from price increases and long distance charges.
Last edited by fiftyclick on Nov 29th, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3062 posts
2474 upvotes
GVRD
HansMolemann wrote: If I upgraded my phone a few months ago, can I upgrade my plan and phone without incurring any penalties beyond paying off the tab? Do I need to pay off the tab bonus balance as well?
This is exactly why I warn the Fomo people about the deals on BF. People are on the hook for the Tab Bonus ($500+) with $0 up front. The tab bonus or device subsidies is what it used to be early cancelation fees which was max out at $400.

In your case, you pay off the tab balance and the remainder of tab bonus before you can switch to a lower price plan

Those who signed the contract a few days ago is still within the 15 days to back out and pay the usage. But I don't think people can keep the same phone, it must be returned and carrier will start a new activation with a different imei.

You can declare verbally you are a person with disabilities, the carrier will have to extend the return to 30 days. They cannot ask for proof as per the wireless code.
Last edited by pkphilip on Nov 29th, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 12, 2017
107 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
pkphilip wrote: This is exactly why I warn the Fomo people about the deals on BF. People are on the hook for the Tab Bonus ($500+) with $0 up front. The tab bonus or device subsidies is what it used to be early cancelation fees which was max out at $400.

In your case, you pay off the tab balance and the remainder of tab bonus before you can switch to a lower price plan

Those who signed the contract a few days ago is still within the 15 days to back out and pay the usage. But I don't think people can keep the same phone, it must be returned and carrier will start a new activation with a different imei.
Thanks. Happy with my plan and phone, but was curious overall.
Formerly known as feelthedeal
Nov 25, 2021
110 posts
112 upvotes
Disappointing Black Friday/Cyber Monday for me.

I'm on the Telus $50/20GB and was hoping to save some money with a cheaper plan that's still a reasonable value (I don't need a new phone or 20G), and it seems like all the good deals were in store only. The 35$/12GB from Virgin and Fido would have been perfect but they wouldn't give it to me over the phone.

Another year gone by and stuck on the same 50$/20GB plan. :(
Last edited by DrasticPig on Nov 29th, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.