Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo cyber Monday 20gb $55

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2021 11:27 am
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2019
1127 posts
799 upvotes
ONTARIO
Fido has the deal up too.
Only for today.
Similar to winback deal $45/25 GB
I'm in Ontario
Last edited by Wildwestbob on Nov 29th, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
DrasticPig wrote: Disappointing Black Friday/Cyber Monday for me.

I'm on the Telus $50/20GB and was hoping to save some money with a cheaper plan that's still a reasonable value (I don't need a new phone or 20G), and it seems like all the good deals were in store only. The 35$/12GB from Virgin and Fido would have been perfect but they wouldn't give it to me over the phone.

Another year gone by and stuck on the same 50$/20GB plan. :(
Wait for Boxing Day...
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3971 posts
3750 upvotes
GVRD
DrasticPig wrote: Disappointing Black Friday/Cyber Monday for me.

I'm on the Telus $50/20GB and was hoping to save some money with a cheaper plan (I don't need a new phone or 20G), and it seems like all the good deals were in store only. The 35$/12GB from Virgin and Fido would have been perfect but they wouldn't give it to me over the phone.

Another year gone by and stuck on the same 50$/20GB plan. :(
Those who are paying attention to cellular market would know these thing happened with the big 3:

- inflated phone costs over MSRP
- $0 up front
- large subsidies that cannot be paid off in a lump sum
- activation fees
- increase in incidental charges
- shipping fees
- Sim card fee during activation, especially even on eSim
- gradual increased in monthly plans for something similar to Tab Medium (like used to be $35, now at $50 in 2021)

In your case with Telus, $50 is their minimum, anything lower you can go Koodo or PM.

Basically anything not required in the wireless code increased annually.
Last edited by pkphilip on Nov 29th, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Wildwestbob wrote: Fido has the deal up too.
Only for today.
$45/25GB is a deal I would port over too.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5429 posts
5285 upvotes
GTA
Wildwestbob wrote: Fido has the deal up too.
Only for today.
Where? Quebec?? I only see $55/20GB in Ontario
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, I just resigned to s20 fe yesterday. Wonder if I should just jump ship to fido, or virgin if they have it. What happens if I change my mind about the 50/12 plan, do I revert to my old 40/6 migration plan? If I just sign up to say fido, for thr 55/20, can I just port my number over later and it will be deemed a cancelation and I would just have to return the handset and gift card?
Oct 12, 2020
355 posts
442 upvotes
I'm about to bring two lines to Telus with 20GB of shareable unlimited data US-Canada each for $52.50/month. I could get 25GB/line for the same price but I'd rather lose 10GB and be able to get service in the US. Would any of you know a better deal than this?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2019
1127 posts
799 upvotes
ONTARIO
vkizzle wrote: $45/25GB is a deal I would port over too.
Just port to virgin and wait for fido winback call.
They offer this deal to almost anyone..
Last edited by Wildwestbob on Nov 29th, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3971 posts
3750 upvotes
GVRD
Just got off the phone with a call back and this is what the rep said.

The $55/20GB is for new activation today, it is available with a new agreement, BYOD or AAL. Those already on an agreement cannot be upgraded to this since it is a price plan change and not a new activation (won't available in their system)

If you must want this plan over the $50/12GB, you must cancel the agreement at the place of purchase, give up all the GC or perks you received and sign up a new account with this plan. Keep in mind you lose $10 bill credit for 15 months, and $50 connection fee will be applied when do it in the store or $5 SIM and shipping for online.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3971 posts
3750 upvotes
GVRD
JustAUsername wrote: I'm about to bring two lines to Telus with 20GB of shareable unlimited data US-Canada each for $52.50/month. I could get 25GB/line for the same price but I'd rather lose 10GB and be able to get service in the US. Would any of you know a better deal than this?
The Walmart or AT&T US deal could work if you are ok with getting a US number and port your Canadian numbers to Voip. They cost like USD $28 for 22GB with service in Mex/US/Can
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
430 upvotes
TechChime wrote: Not bad I just did the $52 for 12gb and a new phone x2 for me and my mother. I'm happy with that deal I honestly never used the 6GB I had before. But 8GB more for $5 is easily as hot deal for those who use more data.
Which phone?
+93___FalconR___________________________🫨
May 13, 2007
69 posts
35 upvotes
Etobicoke
I just got their BF deal through wow mobile: 12GB $40 ($50- $10 credit for 15 months). The sales rep there says that the contract won't show the credit because" koodo doesnt do that." but now im looking at the plan online and there's no mention of a $10 anywhere.

Did I get ripped off? I double triple checked with him that it was $40.

btw the koodo store was offering the same deal for 24 months but i decided to go with wow mobile kiosk because he threw a in $50 gift card as well.

Last edited by The Reds on Nov 29th, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
The Reds wrote: I just got their BF deal through wow mobile: 12GB $40 ($50- $10 credit for 15 months). The sales rep there says that the contract won't show the credit because" koodo doesnt do that." but now im looking at the plan online and there's no mention of a $10 anywhere.

btw the koodo store was offering the same deal for 24 months but i decided to go with wow mobile kiosk because he threw a $50 gift card as well.

99% chance you are fine. My plan shows as $50 but on my bill I have the $10 after tax credit.
Nov 23, 2018
321 posts
642 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The Reds wrote: I just got their BF deal through wow mobile: 12GB $40 ($50- $10 credit for 15 months). The sales rep there says that the contract won't show the credit because" koodo doesnt do that." but now im looking at the plan online and there's no mention of a $10 anywhere.

btw the koodo store was offering the same deal for 24 months but i decided to go with wow mobile kiosk because he threw a $50 gift card as well.

I got 10$ off for 24 months 2 years ago and it didn't show up on my contract if that can help. It also doesn't appear anywhere but on my monthly bill (currently with Koodo).
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2021
1113 posts
1961 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Wait for Boxing Day...
Do decent deals usually pop-up on Boxing day? I can't remember, but I thought it was usually BF/CB days only.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
DrasticPig wrote: Do decent deals usually pop-up on Boxing day? I can't remember, but I thought it was usually BF/CB days only.
I hope so.
The $55/20GB is the only decent plan left.
May 13, 2007
69 posts
35 upvotes
Etobicoke
blyndfyre wrote: 99% chance you are fine. My plan shows as $50 but on my bill I have the $10 after tax credit.
jadzzz wrote: I got 10$ off for 24 months 2 years ago and it didn't show up on my contract if that can help. It also doesn't appear anywhere but on my monthly bill (currently with Koodo).
phew! thanks guys! it was really odd because the guy was genuinely nice at that wow mobile kiosk at sherway gardens. I went to all the other kiosks ones plus fido koodo and virgin and this guy was hands down the best out there.
Last edited by The Reds on Dec 1st, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3971 posts
3750 upvotes
GVRD
Josecc wrote: Wow, I just resigned to s20 fe yesterday. Wonder if I should just jump ship to fido, or virgin if they have it. What happens if I change my mind about the 50/12 plan, do I revert to my old 40/6 migration plan? If I just sign up to say fido, for thr 55/20, can I just port my number over later and it will be deemed a cancelation and I would just have to return the handset and gift card?
You can't port out yet, that is considered termination of the service and you will get a very hefty bill from Koodo.

Open a new account with Fido, they will assign you a new number. Once done, bring everything you received from your Koodo renewal to the place of purchase, they will be able to cancel the agreement under the 15 days trial. The system will return your account to the previous plan, then you can port out to Fido anytime now as you are no longer under an agreement. I think most places will ask for the freebies back even it is technically not in the writing, and I mean that's the right thing to do.

There are instances where the reversal of the agreement ends up in error, mostly due to plans that do not exist anymore. In that case the shop will have to call into channel service and have them fix it for you at the back-end and could take days.
Last edited by pkphilip on Nov 29th, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
IS anyone else seeing a $10/mth credit for 17 months when they are switching to this $55/20GB plan? Not quite sure what it's all about
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3971 posts
3750 upvotes
GVRD
game_fanatic wrote: IS anyone else seeing a $10/mth credit for 17 months when they are switching to this $55/20GB plan? Not quite sure what it's all about
You will likely lose it as it is an automated promotion added to the line. Telus changed the system to prevent double-dipping, now that any kind of HUP or price plan change will cause all existing freebie add-ons be removed. Bill credits, 1000 LD min, free GBs Data are considered "add-on". You will likely have to call it in and they will have to find ways to add it back, which I doubt since the $10 for 15m credit is not a "code based offer".
Last edited by pkphilip on Nov 29th, 2021 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)