Koodo cyber Monday 20gb $55

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2021 11:27 am
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13655 posts
2998 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Tommy74 wrote: I can only imagine how those " tough" negotiations looked - he put you no hold, opened his lunch bag, took a bite of his tuna sandwich, checked messages from his girlfriend, finished his coffee, checked his instagram account, resumed your call - ok sir, my supervisor said that we can make one time exception for our best customer. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes Bunch of thieves our telecom companies are, some other countries give you 50GB for equivalent of $12 CAD, and what do we get here??
LOL, XACTLY... When you have ZERO competition >> monopoly. When 3 idiots are preventing competition (ie. taking out full-page newspaper ads telling peeps to buy "Canadian") >>> Mo, Larry, and Curly.

Cheapest cost $USD/GB data in the world.

Israel, $0.05
Kyrgyzstan, $0.15
Fiji, $0.19
Italy, $0.27
Sudan, $0.27
Russia, $0.29
Moldova, $0.32
Bangladesh, $0.34
Sri Lanka, $0.38
Chile, $0.39

Here's Vodafone Mobile in UK. 160GB, unlimited minutes and texts. 27 pounds = $45cad, 24 mos deal. WTF??? Niccce!!
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/best- ... s#redplans
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Temp. Banned
Apr 15, 2011
5157 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
game_fanatic wrote: I don't recall seeing 15GB for $40, most carriers had 12GB for $50, minus $10/mth for 15 months. For folks adding a line, you get a $10 credit for 17 months. Total cost for the year is $55 x 24 - $170 = $1,150. The 12GB plan was $50 x 24 - $120 = $1,080. You're essentially paying an extra $3/mth over 2 years for an extra 8GB a month. Pretty good deal, in my mind.

If you're not geting that $10/month reduction over 17 months then yeah, this deal is kinda meh. But getting an extra 8GB for $15/mth could be worth it for some.
virgin was offering $40, 24 month, 12gb, I even saw it upgraded to 15gb later on. I saw a few deals from koodo and fido matching it but I guess it depends on location. I believe fido even had a 5 hours no charge for data window every month. So you could download 1 tb of data or more during those 5 hours, which is far more than the 20gb you get here on this plan.
Temp. Banned
Apr 15, 2011
5157 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
aznnorth wrote: LOL, XACTLY... When you have ZERO competition >> monopoly. When 3 idiots are preventing competition (ie. taking out full-page newspaper ads telling peeps to buy "Canadian") >>> Mo, Larry, and Curly.

Israel, $0.05
Kyrgyzstan, $0.15
Fiji, $0.19
Italy, $0.27
Sudan, $0.27
Russia, $0.29
Moldova, $0.32
Bangladesh, $0.34
Sri Lanka, $0.38
Chile, $0.39

Here's Vodafone Mobile in UK. 160GB, unlimited minutes and texts. 27 pounds = $45cad, 24 mos deal. WTF??? Niccce!!
thats also because their government owns all the lines and infrastructure for home internet and I believe mobile also. Then they rent them out to whatever company, and this is why they get such good deals. Basically the government, or the public owns the infrastructure.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2560 posts
2454 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote: LOL, XACTLY... When you have ZERO competition >> monopoly. When 3 idiots are preventing competition (ie. taking out full-page newspaper ads telling peeps to buy "Canadian") >>> Mo, Larry, and Curly.

Israel, $0.05
Kyrgyzstan, $0.15
Fiji, $0.19
Italy, $0.27
Sudan, $0.27
Russia, $0.29
Moldova, $0.32
Bangladesh, $0.34
Sri Lanka, $0.38
Chile, $0.39

3 have unlimited 5G data, unlimited minutes unlimited text for a tenner right now (on 24 advance plan); 28 on month to month

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

used to have free roam back in the days as well
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13655 posts
2998 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
blaznazn22 wrote: thats also because their government owns all the lines and infrastructure for home internet and I believe mobile also. Then they rent them out to whatever company, and this is why they get such good deals. Basically the government, or the public owns the infrastructure.
LOL, face it.. canadian carriers just sucks. Stop making excuses.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13655 posts
2998 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
neonic wrote: 3 have unlimited 5G data, unlimited minutes unlimited text for a tenner right now (on 24 advance plan); 28 on month to month

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

used to have free roam back in the days as well
Wow, great deals. Simple 30GB's for 12 pounds - $19.99 CAD. Unlimited data for 10 pounds, 5G = $16.67 cad. Nuts!
Sep 10, 2015
367 posts
282 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I worked for Three UK when they first launched until I moved to Canada. They introduced the competition
Temp. Banned
Apr 15, 2011
5157 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
aznnorth wrote: LOL, face it.. canadian carriers just sucks. Stop making excuses.
I'm not making excuses I'm just telling you the truth. It's public vs private, of course public will have better deals. Private corporations always has a profit overhead. USA also follows a private system like us, and their plans are also pretty expensive. It's just the way it is.
May 18, 2018
697 posts
688 upvotes
I was just at a Koodo store like 30 minutes ago and they never mentioned this to me. They were offering me some ridiculous plan for $93, 12gb and a new phone (Google Pixel 6), I declined of course. I would be a new customer too.
May 18, 2018
697 posts
688 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: LOL, face it.. canadian carriers just sucks. Stop making excuses.
Honestly, I would bet that no one in Europe pays as much for cell phone plans as Canadians. We love eating up these excuses and paying through the nose.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14440 posts
4413 upvotes
VANCOUVER
MastaOogway wrote: Nope, it's a 2 year contract now. If you try getting another device early you will pay the bonus.
Has anyone actually been billed for the tab bonus though? I haven't been following closely lately, but as of a few months ago, I recall people Hup'd prior to 24 months, but were not billed for the balance of the Tab Bonus.
Jul 19, 2010
702 posts
324 upvotes
Calgary
Rogido wrote: Has anyone actually been billed for the tab bonus though? I haven't been following closely lately, but as of a few months ago, I recall people Hup'd prior to 24 months, but were not billed for the balance of the Tab Bonus.
Pretty sure they fixed that loop hole.. when you try and upgrade there is a big warning saying you must pay off the tab bonus other fees.
Jun 19, 2013
25 posts
15 upvotes
BC
Is this still going on? I am a new subscriber that is needing a number ported over and BYOB.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14440 posts
4413 upvotes
VANCOUVER
drtmrcht wrote: Pretty sure they fixed that loop hole.. when you try and upgrade there is a big warning saying you must pay off the tab bonus other fees.
If I recall, that warning has always been there, but no one reported actually getting billed the balance of the Tab Bonus. If you cancelled and left Koodo, yes, but not for a Hup. But as I said, I don't know if that has changed recently.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3126 posts
2636 upvotes
GVRD
aznnorth wrote: AND this is why you buy the fone outright from crApple or samsung or whoever... then choose the best plan for your needs. No plan can beat this - unless you want an old fone with $1 dollar promo's. I'm looking for the 13 pro max. ZERO deals. They say iphone 14 will change in looks and tech. So gonna wait yet again. *sigh*
Unless you go prepaid like PM or Lucky, you can only keep the grandfathered plan as long as they allow you to when MTM, they either notify you in advance or entice you with deals that you won't pass (maybe iPhone 13 Pro Max) to get you off the cheaper plans.

So people like us take advantage of the "deals", then jump from carriers to carriers every 2 years for the best deals.

In your case, I will get an iPhone 12/13 from this deal, then sell the phone privately and buy yourself the Pro Max. You still win after all the gift cards.
Jul 22, 2020
683 posts
108 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: I can only imagine how those " tough" negotiations looked - he put you no hold, opened his lunch bag, took a bite of his tuna sandwich, checked messages from his girlfriend, finished his coffee, checked his instagram account, resumed your call - ok sir, my supervisor said that we can make one time exception for our best customer. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes Bunch of thieves our telecom companies are, some other countries give you 50GB for equivalent of $12 CAD, and what do we get here??
Exactly, not sure why more people don't complain to directly to the Canadian competition agency whatever it might be called. CCTS is paid/funded by all telcoms so I doubt they are doing much except for a very few amount of customers as an "eyewash" to make it seem like there is a legitimate resolution process for the abuse telecoms are knee deep in.
Jul 22, 2020
683 posts
108 upvotes
Totally correct my friend. It's also because of the "Canadian pride" problem. This country wants to be America and has the same accent, yet operates worse than the UK when it comes to business practices as proven by Telcom and the credit system. It's like they're stuck in some kind of imperial British economic mindset from before World War 1 when the British empire was taken down by a Indian slave.
If only Canada could make up its mind... Both America and the UK have 1000% better telcoms and economic conditions, and as Canadians we continue to suffer because of our confusion... Talk like an American, practice business worse than a Brit...

Who do you complain to for non competition in the Canadian government? Which ministry or department handles this?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1192 posts
848 upvotes
QuinteWest
YMMV...

I have been chatting with Koodo. They kept calling offering me a "tablet promotion". I said I dont need a tablet. I need big data really cheap. I have two lines (one is for nephew) so I have a little negotiating power. I was finally offered $45 for 20 GB. I said I need way more data. Freedom has 15 GB for $35.They kicked around some numbers. Came back with this. If I get four lines with Telus, its $60 a month for 40GB for each line, but for a limited time (meaning it might end this week).

So if you have family members or good friends and you can get 4 lines signed up, then Telus offer is an option. But ya... Still a rip off when other countries are so much cheaper.