Koodo cyber Monday 20gb $55

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2021 11:27 am
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13616 posts
2979 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
GreenLean wrote: Who do you complain to for non competition in the Canadian government? Which ministry or department handles this?
For telecoms that wud be the CRTC... who are bribed by the big 3 to get their way each and every time. So unless ur a monopoly or oligopoly... you have zero chance in hell of convincing anyone. *welp* #Truth
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13616 posts
2979 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Paulie1RFD wrote: YMMV...

I have been chatting with Koodo. They kept calling offering me a "tablet promotion". I said I dont need a tablet. I need big data really cheap. I have two lines (one is for nephew) so I have a little negotiating power. I was finally offered $45 for 20 GB. I said I need way more data. Freedom has 15 GB for $35.
Can I ask.. why was Koodo calling you?? Was this a winback deal?? The best loyalty could offer me was $55/20GB which sucks as you just pointed out you got it for $10 cheaper. Rip-off! Of course, I didn't take their deal when new customers were offered the same plus $50 dollar bill credit. Sucks. They kept saying... that $50 is for new customers (aka existing customers who maintain your revenue mean shit all). Ok, I get it - NEXT. BUH-BYeee. Seems Fido offers consumer customers the best deals all around - both new and existing. They get deals from loyalty all the damn time without even asking. Pop-up promo's from the Fido app consistently. Koodo - ZILCH!
Last edited by aznnorth on Dec 5th, 2021 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1184 posts
844 upvotes
QuinteWest
aznnorth wrote: Can I ask.. why was Koodo calling you?? Was this a winback deal?? The best loyalty could offer me was $55/20GB which sucks as you just pointed out you got it for $10 cheaper. Rip-off! Of course, I didn't take their deal when new customers were offered the same plus $50 dollar bill credit. Sucks. They kept saying yea... that $50 is for new customers (aka existing customers who maintain your revenue mean shit all). Ok, I get it - NEXT. BUH-BYeee. Seems Fido offers consumer customers the best deals all around - both new and existing. They get deals from loyalty all the damn time even without asking. Pop-up promo's from the Fido app consistently. Koodo - ZILCH!
I had been calling them to see if they could match any black Friday offers. Specifically Freedom $35 15GB deal. They could not match. Ironically another department were calling me about a tablet offer. I didn't need a tablet (already have one). On the 3rd call, I said dont need a tablet, give me big data plan really cheap. The rep was good and really tried to offer up a deal. He will call me back December 18 to see if he can do anything with boxing day offers.

Again I have two lines with them, so that might be a factor. YMMV... Just be nice on the phone and mention the deals with other providers.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13616 posts
2979 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Paulie1RFD wrote: Again I have two lines with them, so that might be a factor. YMMV... Just be nice on the phone and mention the deals with other providers.
That must be it - 2 lines. Ive been mentioning every competition deal better than Koodo - nope, nada. No budge. They keep asking if I need a new fone, "Then we can give you everything." Yea, except their hardware deals suck. Catch - 22 with these idiots. Sounds like it's time to go elsewhere and maybe... you get decent winback deal but not counting on it.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2515 posts
2404 upvotes
Toronto
GreenLean wrote: Free roaming where?
I think it's the same countries that they current offer Go Roam, but used to be free when I was with them ('14-15); It was like 15 quid for unlimited everything, month to month, free roaming (used to be called feel at home, or something similar)

http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Roaming_ ... stinations

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)