• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2017 1:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3232 posts
1356 upvotes

[Koodo] Koodo Iphone 6s 32GB $329 @ Mobile Shop

***Warning for all the Koodo deals if you don't plan to keep the account: some people are able to cancel without gift card clawback within 90 days, others not. If you are taking advantage of any Koodo deal that has a gift card make sure you are ok with the risk. That being said, if the phone price is already good (like it is in this case), the gift card can be though of paying for the 3 months required. Just be fully aware of your risks/rewards with all these deals. Good luck!***

**** I hate to keep adding things, but the CRTC wireless code is clear and I posted the exact sections on page 6 of this thread. You should not be charged back for the gift cards. If you are, initiate a complaint using the sections of the code that I posted.

I posted this in another thread about a deal on SE's but I think the deal is so good it needs it's own thread.

At the Mobile Shop in Loblaws and RCSS you can get an iPhone 6S 32GB from Koodo for $329. Breakdown below.

iPhone 6S 32GB
$0 upfront
$504 Tab (large)
-$25 referral credit
-$150 in pc points
Total: $329 for a 32gb iPhone 6s (plus the cost of about a week of service)

You might be able to get an extra 25,000 in points ($25) if you are really nice to the people who work there, I did.

This is amazing for all the new public mobile subscribers who may need a new phone.

EDIT:
Option 2 for those not willing to take the gift chargeback risk:

$0 upfront
$504 Tab (large)
-$25 referral credit
-$150 in pc points
+$84 of 3 months of BYOD plan (pay off your tab right away and switch to this plan)
Total: $413 for a 32gb iPhone 6s- Still a pretty amazing deal for an iPhone 6s and has no risks for the risk averse

The note on the contract says gifts have to be paid back IF you cancel or switch to prepaid, no mention of switching to a BYOD plan when the tab is paid. I logged into my Koodo self serve account and I can pay off my tab and my account has only been active for a few hours.

I'm still going to try my luck porting, but there are options for others.

USERS ARE REPORTING THAT MOBILE SHOP IS NOT HONOURING THIS AND ASKING PEOPLE TO SIGN UP FOR MEDIUM TAB: Another iPhone option with the Mobile Shop:

Iphone 5S Offer with Koodo and the Mobile Shop
$0 phone upfront
+$84 for 3 months service
+240 for the phone
-$25 referral credit
-$200 in points
Total of $99 for the phone

Remember to get your referral link and to click on the link and fill in your info before doing the activation.

Mod Reminder: Do not ask for a referral or state that you have one to give. Comments like "PM me for details” or “you’ve got a PM" is also not allowed - you may get an infraction, additionally, sending unsolicited referrals through private message which gets reported will almost certainly earn you an infraction.
Last edited by dgnr8 on Nov 25th, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Koodo $40 for 5GB Public Mobile migration plan.
Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.
681 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3563 posts
3566 upvotes
How much to unlock from Koodo? Will they unlock it if I pay off the Tab immediately ?
Apr 19, 2012
741 posts
206 upvotes
TORONTO
I think you have to stay for 3 months or they claw back the gift cards.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3232 posts
1356 upvotes
Next123 wrote: I think you have to stay for 3 months or they claw back the gift cards.
This is not gift cards, it is pc points and they appear nowhere on my contract.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3232 posts
1356 upvotes
pongster wrote: How much to unlock from Koodo? Will they unlock it if I pay off the Tab immediately ?
$50 to unlock and Public Mobile or Telus will unlock for you if you have an account with them too.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Dec 20, 2015
613 posts
402 upvotes
London
dgnr8 wrote: This is not gift cards, it is pc points and they appear nowhere on my contract.
Unfortunately they have gotten stricter but it's a gamble for sure. I got away with it but my wife didn't. Depends when and who you call in to.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3425 posts
1164 upvotes
BC
Super cheap OP if we can get this deal. Anyone else had any success?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3232 posts
1356 upvotes
Ytterbium wrote: Unfortunately they have gotten stricter but it's a gamble for sure. I got away with it but my wife didn't. Depends when and who you call in to.
Was it pc points? Did they appear on your contract? Did you call in to cancel or port out?

For my searching on threads I found people were not charged back if it didn't appear on their contract and they ported out.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Dec 20, 2015
613 posts
402 upvotes
London
dgnr8 wrote: Was it pc points? Did they appear on your contract? Did you call in to cancel or port out?

For my searching on threads I found people were not charged back if it didn't appear on their contract and they ported out.
Didn't appear anywhere on Koodo but the guy knew exactly how much the "gift card" was and the specific loblaws location. Still ended up being worth it to keep my wife for 3 months since she got a 250k pc points last boxing day.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3232 posts
1356 upvotes
I'm going to port out in a week and hope for the best.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Apr 19, 2012
741 posts
206 upvotes
TORONTO
dgnr8 wrote: This is not gift cards, it is pc points and they appear nowhere on my contract.
Koodo's agreement clearly states "Any bonus gift you receive is yours after 90 days as a Koodo customer"

There's no mention of gift cards. So based on common sense i'm going to interpret PC points being bonus gift and they have every right to claw it back IMO

I don't want my fellow RFD members to get screwed over
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3232 posts
1356 upvotes
Next123 wrote: Koodo's agreement clearly states "Any bonus gift you receive is yours after 90 days as a Koodo customer"

There's no mention of gift cards. So based on common sense i'm going to interpret PC points being bonus gift and they have every right to claw it back IMO

I don't want my fellow RFD members to get screwed over
I can't find an example of anyone who ported out who got charged, have you? I'm not arguing, I just can't find an example.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Aug 17, 2003
400 posts
857 upvotes
Mississauga
Plans start from $59/month

Just a head's up, you'll need to be a Koodo customer for at least 90 days before you can pay off your Tab Balance.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3232 posts
1356 upvotes
airstar wrote: Plans start from $59/month

Just a head's up, you'll need to be a Koodo customer for at least 90 days before you can pay off your Tab Balance.
All of this is very YMMV. Scouring the web and on forums its going both ways for people. I guess it's a question of luck or persistence.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Dec 17, 2014
709 posts
224 upvotes
EDIT:

$0 upfront
$504 Tab (large)
-$25 referral credit
-$150 in pc points
+$84 of 3 months of BYOD plan (pay off your tab right away and switch to this plan)
Total: $413 for a 32gb iPhone 6s- Still a pretty amazing deal for an iPhone 6s and has no risks for the risk averse

How is it $59/month if it's $84/3 months = $28 for month. Is this for a different plan?
Oct 13, 2009
733 posts
333 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks for sharing, just wish I found it earlier before the shop closed. Lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3232 posts
1356 upvotes
Still on tomorrow, but make sure you are good with all the 'if' ands or 'buts' :-)

Still a pretty amazing deal, even if you have to stay 3 months because the PC credit essentially pays the 3 months.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3232 posts
1356 upvotes
chrl120 wrote: EDIT:

$0 upfront
$504 Tab (large)
-$25 referral credit
-$150 in pc points

How is it $59/month if it's $84/3 months = $28 for month. Is this for a different plan?
There is a no tab plan that Koodo says you need to stay for 90 days to get, but on another forum someone gave Koodo the option to cancel or switch and they allowed the early switch because the tab was paid. Again, YMMV.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Dec 25, 2012
93 posts
5 upvotes
Montr
Is this only for new Koodo customer, or existing Koodo customers can also get it by upgrading their plans to large Tab?
Apr 12, 2008
281 posts
66 upvotes
chrl120 wrote: EDIT:

$0 upfront
$504 Tab (large)
-$25 referral credit
-$150 in pc points

Just wondering how you can pay off your tab right away? Signed up today and on the self serve site i clicked on "pay off tab" and it says :

Based on your profile, you are not eligible to complete this transaction. Potential reasons for this are:
You have not been with Koodoo for atleast 3 months.
You have not yet paid off your first bill.
You are on the spending limit program.