[Koodo] Koodo iPhone XR 0$ Tab medium

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 1:33 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9681 posts
4436 upvotes
Toronto
Patel151 wrote: If you have $75 in store HUP, go to wow and trade in burner phone maybe? $75 + $50 trade in and any gift cards they may have to offer. If possible the rep can offer you $10 off for 15 months. That would be a pretty decent deal.
I think (might be mistaken) they have for medium tab with GC.
Telus $45 25GB
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1900 posts
545 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
rvs007 wrote: But it doesn't seem to let me upgrade to the iPhone XR for $360 without having to switch out of my current plan which is the $40/8GB plan. Anyone have any success getting the phone for $360 without having to switch plans?
Same situation here. I got 150$ off my remaining tab balance of 200. Phone is 120 upfront and I keep my plan. Thinking about taking it not sure if I should.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1900 posts
545 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Patel151 wrote: If you have $75 in store HUP, go to wow and trade in burner phone maybe? $75 + $50 trade in and any gift cards they may have to offer. If possible the rep can offer you $10 off for 15 months. That would be a pretty decent deal.
Someone here posted that the code 10 off for 15 works on in market plans so might not work for a HUP. Definitely call and ask is what I’d do.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1900 posts
545 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
tintin2k2 wrote: Yes its better.. the chip is very good..the display is better and bigger... no bezels on the XR.. the notch is ugly on the XR but you can ignore it...

You can see more detailed comparison here... https://www.techradar.com/news/iphone-xr-vs-iphone-8
Battery life and weight and screen size were biggest differences I felt. Notch was easy to get used to. And the lack of physical button. That took a few days to get used to.
Apr 29, 2004
227 posts
32 upvotes
how?
There are 2 rules in life:
1) Never tell anybody everything you know.
2) ..........
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5232 posts
1130 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: But it doesn't seem to let me upgrade to the iPhone XR for $360 without having to switch out of my current plan which is the $40/8GB plan. Anyone have any success getting the phone for $360 without having to switch plans?
I posted in either this thread or the other Koodo thread, but by communicating with Koodo via Facebook Messenger I was able to receive a) a credit of $120 on the Small Tab for a XR, and b) keep my current $40/6GB plan. I did have to change plans when purchasing the phone, at which point Koodo reverted it back.
Dec 19, 2009
787 posts
315 upvotes
Ottawa
Got the XR for $0 on tab small and $210 tab by calling their loyalty department. So essentially got $150 towards the phone. On the $40 4GB plan. Not the best plan out there but I don’t use a ton of data so works for me.
May 17, 2010
554 posts
42 upvotes
game_fanatic wrote: I posted in either this thread or the other Koodo thread, but by communicating with Koodo via Facebook Messenger I was able to receive a) a credit of $120 on the Small Tab for a XR, and b) keep my current $40/6GB plan. I did have to change plans when purchasing the phone, at which point Koodo reverted it back.
How long did it take to get everything done over messenger? Just messaged them as earliest callback isn’t until tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5232 posts
1130 upvotes
bullocks wrote: How long did it take to get everything done over messenger? Just messaged them as earliest callback isn’t until tomorrow.
All in all probably 2-3 hours, they tend to take their responding to messages so depends on how quickly you want everything resolved. Just make sure you're as detailed as possible in each message so they can review everything in one go
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1938 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
mikek33 wrote: Got the XR for $0 on tab small and $210 tab by calling their loyalty department. So essentially got $150 towards the phone. On the $40 4GB plan. Not the best plan out there but I don’t use a ton of data so works for me.
Same.
I have three lines so I got two XR's I'll flip on Kijiji and a pixel 3.

But I was charged a $35 connection fee on each of them check your service agreement.

Going to call them.
Jul 12, 2008
128 posts
26 upvotes
I went to the Mobile Shop yesterday to check out the XR deal and ended up getting the XS for $120 down on tab medium. $480 plus tax for an XS, not bad I think. Limited stock in Canada though, they had to ship mine from another store.
Aug 19, 2004
828 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
I got this deal as well on the public mobile migration.

Scheduled a callback with online chatbot. The CSR only offered $50 but I didn't push as I've seen the stories about waiting on hold for hours and I still have credits from the public mobile migration that I didnt want them to look at too closely.

Small tab = 120 up front + 240; -50 online tab reduction.

It's a good deal as long as you plan to stay on koodo for the next 2 years. I'm not planning to flip but I enjoy playing with different phones. My iphone SE is still my daily driver but I've tried the Huawei P20, P20 pro, and iphone 8 in the last year.

I'm hoping that an iphone SE2 comes out that is compact; I really how the the phone market is crazy large footprints. What used to be phablets are now the smalles size phone that you can get! Crazy.
Dec 23, 2008
873 posts
85 upvotes
Guelph
So I had upgraded my phone to the Samsung A50 - Med Tab. I had the 6GB data plan but I don't use that much data. So I called in, spoke with Supervisor who changed my plan to in market plan 2GB so that I can get $10 off for 15 months
Nov 11, 2015
76 posts
46 upvotes
Brampton, ON
TheDealHelper wrote: Damn, wish I didn't bounce on this when it happened, ended up paying 120 upfront on small tab with no credits so 360 all in for the XR and I've been a koodo customer for a while with no tab probably could have got a better deal :( maybe I should still give loyalty a call and try? Especially considering since it seems like I also won't be getting the amazon prime due to already being a customer
I just got the phone without knowing all the offers as well, but calling did make a bit of difference for me.

I scheduled a call back yesterday ans just gor called back and got the 75 HUP credit to be taken off of my previous tab balance after escalation. Pretty quick call, 20ish minutes.

So all in all:

-I got the iPhone XR for 0 upfront with tab medium ($15/month)
-$75 bill credit
-Fees waived ($35)
-$25 Walmart gift card
-Upgraded plan to $50 8 GB

They wouldn't do the $10 off for 15 months for me as apparently that was only offered on market plans and this one was a promotion? I think that's fine though honestly, I'm getting an extra 3 GB for $2 from the old Manitoba plan.

I think I'm pleased enough. Especially considering selling this XR will cover all of my holiday shopping lol
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13472 posts
3726 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Spadesheart wrote: I just got the phone without knowing all the offers as well, but calling did make a bit of difference for me.

I scheduled a call back yesterday ans just gor called back and got the 75 HUP credit to be taken off of my previous tab balance after escalation. Pretty quick call, 20ish minutes.

So all in all:

-I got the iPhone XR for 0 upfront with tab medium ($15/month)
-$75 bill credit
-Fees waived ($35)
-$25 Walmart gift card
-Upgraded plan to $50 8 GB

They wouldn't do the $10 off for 15 months for me as apparently that was only offered on market plans and this one was a promotion? I think that's fine though honestly, I'm getting an extra 3 GB for $2 from the old Manitoba plan.

I think I'm pleased enough. Especially considering selling this XR will cover all of my holiday shopping lol
You should be able to push for the $10 x 15. Even though the $50/8GB plan isn't a listed plan for new customers, it's being offered currently to existing customers, and as a current offering, AFAIK, that makes it eligible for the $10 x 15 or even $10 x 24.