[Koodo] Koodo iPhone XR 0$ Tab medium

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 1:33 pm
Sep 11, 2011
553 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
dodher wrote: Did anyone see this message while paying off Koodo tab balance
" If your CSA is Aug 25,2019 or later and you are cancelling or upgrading your device within 24 months.you will be required to pay the full price
This is the new policy set in-place to prevent people from cancelling their plans (or upgrading early - even if you plan to stay) and selling the phone they got at a reduced price.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2677 posts
743 upvotes
West
blainehamilton wrote: Requested a callback for yesterday morning. First thing 7am when they opened! Got offered $100 credit for upgrade.

Wife upgraded her iPhone 6s to XR last night online, the $100 credit reduced the phone to $20 up front on small tab. No connection fee. Kept the $40 8GB plan. No option to keep the $15 10GB add on, had to create another callback request to get it again.

So now where to find cheap XR cases?
There typically isn’t an ‘option’ to keep an add-on when upgrading a phone (and keeping the same plan), however all the add-ons from your previous plan should still be there after upgrading. You can check in self-serve under ‘Mobile Services’ I believe is the section.
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Apr 13, 2017
730 posts
259 upvotes
dodher wrote: Did anyone see this message while paying off Koodo tab balance
" If your CSA is Aug 25,2019 or later and you are cancelling or upgrading your device within 24 months.you will be required to pay the full price
So, even if your tab balance becomes 0 by paying off early, you cannot upgrade or terminate early ? Why would they even keep the pay off button then?
Jun 15, 2016
224 posts
125 upvotes
I had a wait a day to schedule a call back. Call back was schedule for today.

Deal is now dead though as they raised price.. Anyone thing that Koodo will be able to do anything today on my call back...
Sep 11, 2011
553 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
headleygrange wrote: So, even if your tab balance becomes 0 by paying off early, you cannot upgrade or terminate early ? Why would they even keep the pay off button then?
Because if you wanted to cancel your contract that’s one way to pay off the phone. But then you’ll be charged the full price of the phone, apparently like this:

-Full Koodo phone price at time of purchase (ie. $500)
-minus what you’ve paid off your tab (Ie. 3 months = $30 total on a small tab)
-minus (months of service * non-tab balance, which is full phone cost minus original tab cost. In our example this would be $360. Divide this by 24months = $15/m, so $45 after 3 months)

So, $500-($10*3)-($15*3)= $425 after 3 months of service on a $500 phone. Not sure about taxes though.

I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve learned.
Dec 1, 2016
802 posts
714 upvotes
Growingupisold wrote: I received a discount on the HUP of about $150 for the XR and I know multiple people here have gotten the monthly discount as well. Koodo is now giving me a hard time telling me they can't stack these two discounts when they clearly can. Any tricks I'm missing here? Anyone willing to tell me their number in a DM so I can give them an example if needed?

Edit: To be clear I'm talking about the $10 x 15 or $10 x 24, frankly at this point I don't care which they offer me just that I'm able to get one of these... Greedy, I know, but so are they... Please let me know if I'm missing something. Tried messaging them on FB/Twitter and talked to Loyalty so far.
I upgraded my phone and the rep saw HUP credit or 10x15, could not do both. With Prepaid CC still an awesome deal :) This was at WOW
Apr 13, 2017
730 posts
259 upvotes
ApocDeals wrote: Because if you wanted to cancel your contract that’s one way to pay off the phone. But then you’ll be charged the full price of the phone, apparently like this:

-Full Koodo phone price at time of purchase (ie. $500)
-minus what you’ve paid off your tab (Ie. 3 months = $30 total on a small tab)
-minus (months of service * non-tab balance, which is full phone cost minus original tab cost. In our example this would be $360. Divide this by 24months = $15/m, so $45 after 3 months)

So, $500-($10*3)-($15*3)= $425 after 3 months of service on a $500 phone. Not sure about taxes though.

I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve learned.
If Koodo itself waives off the Tab balance for an upgrade, do you still need to pay back the credit?

Come next year boxing day / black friday, there will lot less people doing upgrades, which might affect their profits. I feel that they should only charge the credit for cancellation and not for upgrades. Other carriers like Fido waive off tab balance for an upgrade without clawing back the activation credit.
Aug 31, 2014
493 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bubblegum86 wrote: I upgraded my phone and the rep saw HUP credit or 10x15, could not do both. With Prepaid CC still an awesome deal :) This was at WOW
I got my call back this morning and got some progress at least, I'll probably leave it at that though now I'm wondering if anybody really did manage a HUP discount + monthly discount. They were able to give me $150 off the upfront cost + a $5 credit for 6 months, loyalty rep told me today he doesn't think my account has been open long enough for any other offers (been with them just shy of 9 months now).

Overall, fairly good deal and happy with paying $50/8gb minus the temporary credits.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2451 posts
2090 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jackyqxl wrote: no, you pay full tax, so you pay $360+tax - $240

I think i don't pay TAX on the $10 tab charge that they credit, because I just receive the document and it said "TAB WAIVE, ON "

If it is waived , it won't have tax apply, again will know for sure when see first bill
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Feb 5, 2008
196 posts
25 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote: I think i don't pay TAX on the $10 tab charge that they credit, because I just receive the document and it said "TAB WAIVE, ON "

If it is waived , it won't have tax apply, again will know for sure when see first bill
luck you
Apr 13, 2017
730 posts
259 upvotes
Upgraded on 1st Dec. Got shipping email on 2nd. Canadapost tracking still shows 'Electronic information submitted by shipper' from 2nd and nothing else. Canadapost tracking is usually accurate and updated correctly, but this has me worried a bit. Not sure if Canadapost didn't pick the item or
Status is not updated.

Anyone got their phone already ?
Apr 13, 2017
730 posts
259 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote: I think i don't pay TAX on the $10 tab charge that they credit, because I just receive the document and it said "TAB WAIVE, ON "

Is this on the service agreement? Mine doesn't say anything like that, but the agent left a note about the credit on my file.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3127 posts
1481 upvotes
Mississauga
headleygrange wrote: Upgraded on 1st Dec. Got shipping email on 2nd. Canadapost tracking still shows 'Electronic information submitted by shipper' from 2nd and nothing else. Canadapost tracking is usually accurate and updated correctly, but this has me worried a bit. Not sure if Canadapost didn't pick the item or
Status is not updated.

Sometimes the shipping updates are delayed. In my experience, I got a phone before the tracking updated.
I love RFD! :)
Nov 28, 2019
5 posts
headleygrange wrote: Upgraded on 1st Dec. Got shipping email on 2nd. Canadapost tracking still shows 'Electronic information submitted by shipper' from 2nd and nothing else. Canadapost tracking is usually accurate and updated correctly, but this has me worried a bit. Not sure if Canadapost didn't pick the item or
Status is not updated.

The same situation for me !
Apr 13, 2017
730 posts
259 upvotes
Myfamily4ever wrote: The same situation for me !
Another order of mine shipped yesterday 3rd Dec. Its tracking shows item was is in transit (picked in Mississauga). Still not delivered (to Brampton).