Expired Hot Deals

Koodo

Koodo - LG Velvet 5g CPO $5 per month x 24 months.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2021 9:55 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3626 posts
3204 upvotes

[Koodo] Koodo - LG Velvet 5g CPO $5 per month x 24 months.

Awesome deal on a solid phone with a big 6.8" screen, not for everybody, but perfect for me. Be advised LG is dropping out of the phone game.
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/lg-velvet-5g-cpo
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 4th, 2021 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
"Frank Burns eats worms"
20 replies
Jun 6, 2018
56 posts
35 upvotes
Can you cancel plan and get the phone?
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13319 posts
24568 upvotes
YJZSIX wrote: Can you cancel plan and get the phone?
Yes , they’ll just charge you $120 + $520 + tax Winking Face
Nov 8, 2019
41 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have this phone for a few months from another sale and am happy with its performance for that price. Just note that LG released it's last security update for it in May. They promised to keep supporting it but the delay is getting quite long already :(
Nov 14, 2017
243 posts
429 upvotes
Good deal and a decent phone but at this point I don’t know how comfortable I would be with an LG long term after they removed themselves from the cellphone game. I’d hate to have something happen with limited/no support as time continues to progress :(
Apr 1, 2009
313 posts
293 upvotes
Winnipeg
They'll be giving these away in no time. Don't get locked in for 2 years right as they release the last patch and quit making cell phones....
Last edited by 100 on Aug 5th, 2021 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 1, 2013
815 posts
1172 upvotes
Fredericton
Had this phone. Default launcher sucks. Installed a third party launcher but there was a half second delay every time I'd go back to the home screen before it was responsive again.

And the gesture to switch apps quickly (not the app drawer but sliding between apps) never worked correctly.

Solid phone hardware wise though. Beautiful screen.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4333 posts
3567 upvotes
GTA
Mikedealhunter wrote: Of course PM $40 migration plans don’t qualify Disappointed Face
Yes they do. Go to shop -> plans-> add plan-> select new phone. They have some great plans atm and you can get the LG phone as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3626 posts
3204 upvotes
I knew when I posted this it would get downvotes for the usual reasons; LG dropping their phone line, and not being able to burn Koodo. However, if you are a Koodo customer and are satisfied with their service as I am, then this phone is an awesome bargain for basically nothing. $5 a month which I wont ever notice and I get a really good phone with a big beautiful screen, where else will I get that for $120?
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Nov 24, 2017
46 posts
36 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Yes they do. Go to shop -> plans-> add plan-> select new phone. They have some great plans atm and you can get the LG phone as well.
I agree, kept my PM migration plan and got a Samsung S21 CPO.
Nov 2, 2018
170 posts
90 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Yes they do. Go to shop -> plans-> add plan-> select new phone. They have some great plans atm and you can get the LG phone as well.
They don’t. I have to add new plan to qualify but not my existing PM migration plans
Images
  • 8D5F02BE-E560-43E9-BC2E-1860E56A6969.jpeg
Nov 24, 2017
46 posts
36 upvotes
Mikedealhunter wrote: They don’t. I have to add new plan to qualify but not my existing PM migration plans
Request a callback. Tell the CSR you want to keep your current plan.
Order the phone while you're talking to them, the option to keep your current plan will appear on screen.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1833 posts
1245 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Don DiGuapo wrote: I knew when I posted this it would get downvotes for the usual reasons; LG dropping their phone line, and not being able to burn Koodo. However, if you are a Koodo customer and are satisfied with their service as I am, then this phone is an awesome bargain for basically nothing. $5 a month which I wont ever notice and I get a really good phone with a big beautiful screen, where else will I get that for $120?
I'm a current Koodo customer and have gotten "We'll wave your current Tab Balance if you sign up for a new plan $60/20GB and buy a new phone".

But, I don't need that much data, I have 10GB I don't use and I have a brand new phone I bought on the aftermarket. I considered a dirt cheap phone like this but I don't think I'd come ahead in the deal as I'd still be paying more than I am now for a phone and plan I don't really want.

LG phones basically Suck, in my experience as well.

Koodo needs to bring out some better Plans and higher grade Phones at better Tab pricing. They just want to lock more customers into contracts for retention. There is more competition than ever before.
May 30, 2021
206 posts
285 upvotes
Gibsons wrote: I'm a current Koodo customer and have gotten "We'll wave your current Tab Balance if you sign up for a new plan $60/20GB and buy a new phone".

But, I don't need that much data, I have 10GB I don't use and I have a brand new phone I bought on the aftermarket. I considered a dirt cheap phone like this but I don't think I'd come ahead in the deal as I'd still be paying more than I am now for a phone and plan I don't really want.

LG phones basically Suck, in my experience as well.

Koodo needs to bring out some better Plans and higher grade Phones at better Tab pricing. They just want to lock more customers into contracts for retention. There is more competition than ever before.
I find Koodo the least competitive of the 3 flanker brands now. Both Fido and Virgin have some incentives if you're with them (member perks/offers, 5 hours of data, ect).

Everytime I call Koodo to see if I can get a better deal, the plans the give me are often worse than the plan that I am currently on. My plan isnt eligible for a tab apparently, but that doesnt really concern me because I just get phones outright.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1489 posts
1668 upvotes
Toronto
It's near impossible to get any tab balance deductions also when they have you locked in for those 2 years.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4333 posts
3567 upvotes
GTA
Koodo really sux these days, I logged in yesterday and had promo plans, $50/12GB, $55/16Gb, $60/20Gb and it's all gone today. Either let me know you have some offers for me for limited time, or don't offer anything. First good opportunity to switch providers and I'm out.
Images
  • 58C32895-5E1E-443E-9D3B-8C9937BC15DE.jpeg
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1833 posts
1245 upvotes
Southern Ontario
EananC641158 wrote: It's near impossible to get any tab balance deductions also when they have you locked in for those 2 years.
I have $45 Tab Balance left on a broken phone that's in my drawer. This is why they offered to wave it... as there is very little left and they want to lock me into 2 more years, hopefully at a higher rate.