Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo (Now a bring your own device plan) $55 for 11GB or $60 for 13Gb or $75 for 15GB

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 12:07 am
Tags:
[OP]
Member
Jul 19, 2018
468 posts
822 upvotes

[Koodo] Koodo (Now a bring your own device plan) $55 for 11GB or $60 for 13Gb or $75 for 15GB

Just got off the phone with Koodo loyalty. Originally had $40 for 6GB plus 3GB free bonus. My bonus data was about to expire and with this 5GB bonus that started I wanted to see what loyalty could do for me. Well he just received an email from his manager while I was on the phone with him that there is a new loyalty plan. $55 for 11GB. So I took that. He also revived my 3GB bonus for 24 months. So that’s $55 for 14 GB for the next 2 years. Plus I am now Mid and Plus tab eligible. And 1000 international long distance minutes too.

He said I was the first person to get this plan. Pretty stoked.

( in case you were wondering, I’m being a little tongue and cheek)
Images
  • 1F6AAD21-6020-4B8E-BD0D-C1957512A6DC.png
Last edited by Drew81 on Aug 25th, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
324 replies
Sr. Member
Mar 17, 2014
550 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver
good find, i assume this will be YMMV, hope they give it to me as well, im on $60/12GB, but have 4 lines....if i could go down $55/mo. i could save $20/mo. on 4 lines....which will pay for my youtube premium ($17.99)..... wish me luck!!🤩
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7545 posts
5013 upvotes
Canada
It's not a loyalty plan..... it's on the website
[OP]
Member
Jul 19, 2018
468 posts
822 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: It's not a loyalty plan..... it's on the website
Not in Alberta.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13597 posts
3809 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Yeah, I just got offered this plan, when I called in to "enquire" about porting out.
[OP]
Member
Jul 19, 2018
468 posts
822 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Yeah, I just got offered this plan, when I called in to "enquire" about porting out.
I know. Did you know that there is a port protection that needs to be removed from Koodo in order to port. Some BS about fraud. Anyways once I Agreed to lift the port protection this magical plan popped up. How convenient.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13597 posts
3809 upvotes
VANCOUVER
RFDQ1016 wrote: It's not a loyalty plan..... it's on the website
I don't see it in BC either, unless you're referring to their promo $55/6GB plan + the bonus 5GB for plans $50 and above. But not sure if the 2 promos are stackable.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13597 posts
3809 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Drew81 wrote: I know. Did you know that there is a port protection that needs to be removed from Koodo in order to port. Some BS about fraud. Anyways once I Agreed to lift the port protection this magical plan popped up. How convenient.
I didn't ask about the port protection. I just asked how much I would have to pay if I ported out. The guy never mentioned anything about port protection.
[OP]
Member
Jul 19, 2018
468 posts
822 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I don't see it in BC either, unless you're referring to their promo $55/6GB plan + the bonus 5GB for plans $50 and above. But not sure if the 2 promos are stackable.
If you change your plan With bonus data at any time the bonus data goes away. This loyalty plan is actually 11GB.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13597 posts
3809 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Drew81 wrote: Just got off the phone with Koodo loyalty. Originally had $40 for 6GB plus 3GB free bonus. My bonus data was about to expire and with this 5GB bonus that started I wanted to see what loyalty could do for me. Well he just received an email from his manager while I was on the phone with him that there is a new loyalty plan. $55 for 11GB. So I took that. He also revived my 3GB bonus for 24 months. So that’s $55 for 14 GB for the next 2 years. Plus I am now Mid and Plus tab eligible. And 1000 international long distance minutes too.

He said I was the first person to get this plan. Pretty stoked.

( in case you were wondering, I’m being a little tongue and cheek)
Could they not have just renewed your 3GB bonus without upgrading you to the $55 plan?
[OP]
Member
Jul 19, 2018
468 posts
822 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I didn't ask about the port protection. I just asked how much I would have to pay if I ported out. The guy never mentioned anything about port protection.
Apparently this is the big threes way to keep you from porting. Imagine on a Friday evening you stumble upon a great deal for a phone and plan at a competitor. You go through the process to port and are denied because of port protection. You need to call Koodo to get them to take it off but alas they are closed and you can’t schedule a callback until tomorrow. So you say f#ck it and leave still a Koodo customer.
Last edited by Drew81 on Aug 21st, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Member
Jul 19, 2018
468 posts
822 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Could they not have just renewed your 3GB bonus without upgrading you to the $55 plan?
Don’t know. Need more data than 9 GB now. And I need to upgrade our phones. Now I get mid and plus benefits and more data. So I get both.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13597 posts
3809 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Drew81 wrote: Apparently this is the big threes way to keep you from porting. Image on a Friday evening you stumble upon a great deal for a phone and plan at a competitor. You go through to process to port and are denied because of port protection. You need to call Koodo to get them to take it off but alas they are closed and you can’t schedule a callback until tomorrow. So you say f#ck it and leave still a Koodo customer.
I wonder what ccts would have to say about this sleazy tactic...
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13597 posts
3809 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Drew81 wrote: If you change your plan With bonus data at any time the bonus data goes away. This loyalty plan is actually 11GB.
I wonder if the bonus 5GB can be added to the loyalty plan, for a total of 16GB for $55.
[OP]
Member
Jul 19, 2018
468 posts
822 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I wonder if the bonus 5GB can be added to the loyalty plan, for a total of 16GB for $55.
No. Only in market plans. Of course I asked that lol.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)