Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo (Now a bring your own device plan) $55 for 11GB or $60 for 13Gb or $75 for 15GB

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 12:07 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1208 posts
216 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Anyone swap in the lower mainland (vancouver area). My last few calls have been very "quiet" and w/ sound goes in and out...
Nov 19, 2009
633 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
does anyone know if koodo does call control? I've had it for about a month with Telus and I love it. And it's free. But switching to this plan would save me $20 a month.....
[OP]
Jul 19, 2018
468 posts
822 upvotes
mroboto wrote: people need less data now that everyone is working from home and i bet these carriers are feeling it.
Because everyone is working from home?
Nov 8, 2013
85 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
Drew81 wrote: Because everyone is working from home?
You know what I mean. Getting into semantics. A large number of people are.
Feb 14, 2019
972 posts
945 upvotes
Malta wrote: does anyone know if koodo does call control? I've had it for about a month with Telus and I love it. And it's free. But switching to this plan would save me $20 a month.....
Yes, Koodo has call control. You can set it up from the self-serve portal.
Oct 24, 2013
21 posts
5 upvotes
Newmarket
Paulie1RFD wrote: Thanks for confirming. I just requested another call back. Seems the Koodo Kiosk at the mall can't offer it either. Might have to be a direct sign up with Koodo (online). I'm not sure when they will call. Will also make sure there are no fees or charge for SIM or at least some bill credit to follow in second or third month to offset the costs.
I ended up switching to fido. They offer $39 9gb and $34 11 gb for 24 month plus $200 bill credit.
I went to 16th/yonge, and I did see koodo has some sign freedom for freedom mobile.
Apr 5, 2009
419 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver
I signed up for a callback but I guess it didn't go through, because I had to request a second one. Just got off the phone with them and got the 9gb for $50. No international minutes but I don't really call international anyways. I thought about adding another $5 for 11gb but I don't think I need that much data. $2 more than my old plan (the $48 MB plan) for 4 extra gb of data is worth it.

The guy was super nice, definitely more helpful than whenever I talk to a Rogers rep lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6530 posts
4527 upvotes
Was finally able to get 11GB/$55 via FB chat. Rep also waived the $10 fee but I didn't get 1000LD minutes.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6002 posts
995 upvotes
congo80 wrote: good find, i assume this will be YMMV, hope they give it to me as well, im on $60/12GB, but have 4 lines....if i could go down $55/mo. i could save $20/mo. on 4 lines....which will pay for my youtube premium ($17.99)..... wish me luck!!🤩
youtube premium cost like $3 a month
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3759 posts
1042 upvotes
intelpentium400 wrote: Any reason why people are leaving Koodo for Fido instead of leaving for Virgin? Telus/Koodo and Bell/Virgin use the same towers so you would get the same good coverage with Virgin.
For me, because Fido's added features are better or at the very least more similar to Koodo (eg 5 hours free data, data block vs overages, daily roaming rates)
Mar 17, 2014
550 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver
champ91 wrote: youtube premium cost like $3 a month
YouTube Premium Family Membership is what i have for whole family with 6 members in the account. :) guess it's $3/member if you divide by 6...
Jul 22, 2020
307 posts
36 upvotes
pinkrose398 wrote: I signed up for a callback but I guess it didn't go through, because I had to request a second one. Just got off the phone with them and got the 9gb for $50. No international minutes but I don't really call international anyways. I thought about adding another $5 for 11gb but I don't think I need that much data. $2 more than my old plan (the $48 MB plan) for 4 extra gb of data is worth it.

The guy was super nice, definitely more helpful than whenever I talk to a Rogers rep lol.
Which cell co did u go with? And was the rep local in canada or overseas? Thinking Face

Did you sign up online or call into their phone center? Im assuming koodo here but i cant find a phone number and hours of operation for them... Strange
Apr 5, 2009
419 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver
GreenLean wrote: Which cell co did u go with? And was the rep local in canada or overseas? Thinking Face

Did you sign up online or call into their phone center? Im assuming koodo here but i cant find a phone number and hours of operation for them... Strange
Koodo. I was with koodo initially and continued with them.

You have to ask for a callback. There’s no number to dial. I just did a live chat during business hours and asked for a callback.