Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo (Now a bring your own device plan) $55 for 11GB or $60 for 13Gb or $75 for 15GB

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 12:07 am
Tags:
Jul 22, 2020
307 posts
36 upvotes
pinkrose398 wrote: Koodo. I was with koodo initially and continued with them.

You have to ask for a callback. There’s no number to dial. I just did a live chat during business hours and asked for a callback.
How fast download speeds do you get realistically with koodo? Wjat phone? Does the phone really matter for download speeds?
Jul 30, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
Calgary, AB
I called asking for $50/ 9GB. They tried to get me to upgrade and offered $60/7GB. Loyalty ended up offering me the $55 for 11GB when I asked to be switched to retention.
Mar 30, 2017
11 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
Koodo retentions is absolutely useless. They outright denied to match the $45 25 GB plan currently offered by Shaw. Their response was that Koodo does not price match!!! I just told the retentions rep that I am now happy to leave Koodo as they aren't what they were in the past anymore.
Feb 14, 2019
972 posts
945 upvotes
SiddharthS176 wrote: Koodo retentions is absolutely useless. They outright denied to match the $45 25 GB plan currently offered by Shaw. Their response was that Koodo does not price match!!! I just told the retentions rep that I am now happy to leave Koodo as they aren't what they were in the past anymore.
Good thing you can just switch to Freedom for their advertised deal and not have to worry about begging Koodo anymore.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26966 posts
6309 upvotes
Hamilton
SiddharthS176 wrote: Koodo retentions is absolutely useless. They outright denied to match the $45 25 GB plan currently offered by Shaw. Their response was that Koodo does not price match!!! I just told the retentions rep that I am now happy to leave Koodo as they aren't what they were in the past anymore.
Well. Did you end up getting the $45/25gb plan else where?
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2006
1252 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
GreenLean wrote: How fast download speeds do you get realistically with koodo? Wjat phone? Does the phone really matter for download speeds?
I get >500 mbps at home (in south Etobicoke) and when I'm out, I usually get >300 mbps.

Aug 20, 2019
244 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Rosegal wrote: I called asking for $50/ 9GB. They tried to get me to upgrade and offered $60/7GB. Loyalty ended up offering me the $55 for 11GB when I asked to be switched to retention.
$50 for 9gb and $55 for 11gb are plans you can get online. I switched from $55/10gb to $55/11gb today. They are promotional plans, but it's not like there is bonus data that expires. They are permanent plans.
Adam
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6002 posts
995 upvotes
mace2 wrote:
where/how?
congo80 wrote:
YouTube Premium Family Membership is what i have for whole family with 6 members in the account. :) guess it's $3/member if you divide by 6...
No. I have the family plan for about $3

Just use a VPN , connect to India, sign up for family plan. Comes up to 189 rupees a month. About $3.40 CAD a month.

The thread about it is here if you search for it
Jan 16, 2004
906 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Majokito wrote: Good thing you can just switch to Freedom for their advertised deal and not have to worry about begging Koodo anymore.
I would rather pray / beg the Koodo Telus bell chatr gods instead of going to freedom =)
Feb 14, 2019
972 posts
945 upvotes
protege2k wrote: I would rather pray / beg the Koodo Telus bell chatr gods instead of going to freedom =)
Yup me too. Odds are that most people feel the same so why would they price match. We'll see if he actually ends up going to Freedom or was bluffing. Lol
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4692 posts
1147 upvotes
Currently on a $50/4GB plan. What are the chances they'll let me move to the $50/9GB promo they have running?
Let's hug it out
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1393 posts
718 upvotes
RCGA wrote: Currently on a $50/4GB plan. What are the chances they'll let me move to the $50/9GB promo they have running?
Are you on a contract, opps I mean phone tab.
Call and ask for retentions/threaten to cancel. Its a current publicly offered plan you are not asking for some old non-existent retention plan
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4692 posts
1147 upvotes
torontokris wrote: Are you on a contract, opps I mean phone tab.
Call and ask for retentions/threaten to cancel. Its a current publicly offered plan you are not asking for some old non-existent retention plan
I'm on month to month as I brought my own phone.
Let's hug it out
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1393 posts
718 upvotes
RCGA wrote: I'm on month to month as I brought my own phone.
Have you logged into self serve to see if you can switch plans? Since you are not on a contract/tab I dont see why you shouldnt be able to
If not call and ask. As I say its a currently offered publicly available plan.

Absolute worse case u can always port out and back in but dont see why youd need to. If you do port out I would check the $45/25GB port out ymmv deal thread
If you port out go to freedom you can call them ask for the peace of mind plan. A handfull (or less) are being offered a $45/25GB plan for porting out to freedom/shaw and back within 15 days

But try to get the 9gb on self serve or call in now seems like the easiest method