Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo (Now a bring your own device plan) $55 for 11GB or $60 for 13Gb or $75 for 15GB

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 12:07 am
Tags:
Nov 17, 2010
35 posts
3 upvotes
AdamMoloo wrote: $50 for 9gb and $55 for 11gb are plans you can get online. I switched from $55/10gb to $55/11gb today. They are promotional plans, but it's not like there is bonus data that expires. They are permanent plans.
Did you get a new phone with the plan? It says "new activation or add a phone only"
Dec 27, 2006
714 posts
61 upvotes
I hate Koodo........cancelled my CPO S10E order by email and offered me nothing in return.
Oct 26, 2012
861 posts
1262 upvotes
I signed up with Koodo a week ago and just got my Sim card. I just learned that they charge you the first month in advanced as soon as you sign up, my bill says Sep 15-16th - does that mean I paid for October and won't get a bill until my Oct-Nov bill comes out in Nov?

Edit: Talked to a Koodo rep, they said that they always charge the month in advanced. If I leave during a cycle then they would credit me any day I did not use, and if I leave before my next cycle I owe $0. So in case Fido decides to send me a winback offer I'd have to ask them to activate it for a future date or something.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1393 posts
713 upvotes
SiddharthS176 wrote: Koodo retentions is absolutely useless. They outright denied to match the $45 25 GB plan currently offered by Shaw. Their response was that Koodo does not price match!!! I just told the retentions rep that I am now happy to leave Koodo as they aren't what they were in the past anymore.
Doesnt Koodo currently have a $45/2GB plan on the public website (I confirmed offered in SK)? Is this new since you called, maybe it is a competition match price
If you are going for $45/2GB might as well look into $50 9GB if you need higher data.

Also I can see the TAB Plus (and maybe even the medium) going up to plans of $55+. Too many deals at $45-$50 right now, then in a few months they will say to get Plus tab u need to increase your plan.
Ask all those on the PM migration $40 plans
Images
  • Koodo 2gb45 9gb50.JPG
Jul 22, 2020
307 posts
36 upvotes
BuildBuyBreed wrote: I get >500 mbps at home (in south Etobicoke) and when I'm out, I usually get >300 mbps.

Thats really good! Could u try the google speed test from a browser window? It seems like some speedtests arent that accurate...as I've been reading.. Im curious how true it is.

Also which phone do you have? I read online that the LTE Category for download speed might be responsible for faster speeds, though most phones seem well above the speeds most cellphone companies offer anyways....
Sep 6, 2012
126 posts
93 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
I missed the promo by one day, wonderful. Are there any current BYOD plans with Koodo right now (starting oct 1st)? I currently have the 60$ 10GB plan from years ago.
May 24, 2017
650 posts
436 upvotes
GTA
Shawzborne wrote: I missed the promo by one day, wonderful. Are there any current BYOD plans with Koodo right now (starting oct 1st)? I currently have the 60$ 10GB plan from years ago.
Check local stores... You might get lucky. Go visit them. Ideally a corporate store in the mall.

Otherwise at this point wait for black friday deals.
Jul 1, 2019
77 posts
24 upvotes
I would just get a friend to send you a referral . You will get a $75 referral bonus for Telus..Rogers has $50..I dunno what the others are. That will cover one month of service. Keep the plan for two months and see what’s available on Black Friday.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1130 posts
624 upvotes
Burlington
Drew81 wrote: I mDid you know that there is a port protection that needs to be removed from Koodo in order to port. Some BS about fraud.
This caused me no end is problems when I tried to get in on the last day of the$39/9GB deals. First Koodo blocked my port-out to Freedom despite me not setting up any protection on the line. After they screwed that up I removed the protection by calling in (after waiting hours for a callback). Due to changing circumstances I now had to port directly to Fido. Koodo blocked that one too, claiming I still had a port-out request outstanding with Freedom, even though I had already ported that Freedom line over to Fido! This took hours to resolve since I had to call Freedom to cancel the request even though I was no longer even a customer of theirs. It worked out in the end and I was able to bring my original number over to Fido and get the deal, but the experience totally soured me on Koodo (and playing the porting game).
Oct 12, 2018
19 posts
9 upvotes
I wish Koodo removes Koodo Assist, what a joke for a sub-brand to push Virtual Assist that is half baked. No extra perks like Fido Xtra and Virgin My Benefits. Customer service agents sound miserable and just want to get you off the phone ASAP.