None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2811 posts
1551 upvotes
Barrie

[Koodo] [Koodo Retentions] 10GB Data Unltd Canada Calling $54 a month

Just got off the phone with Koodo Retentions and was able to get the Christmas 10GB Plan for $54 a month. Maybe YYMV but it was offered to me, didn't ask for it.

Called in to cancel to switch to the public mobile deal and told them flat out that is what I was doing.

Supervisor took over the call and offered me the $60 10GB plan with a 10% discount provisioned on the line for as long as I keep the plan.

This plan IS eligible for a Tab as I also added on Tab Small phone for $6 a month.

*EDITs

10% Discount
Some people have reported getting the 10% discount only on account with 2 lines or more, others, like myself, are getting it on single accounts. People are reporting the 10% discount being available for 1 year, 2 year or life of the plan. Seems you have to negotiate the length.

Tab Discounts
Some members are also able to stack Tab Discounts on top of this.

There is a trick to get around the 1 hour wait time:
Call in to the toll-free number. 1 (866) 995-6636 (from a non-koodo number tks @55ab55) (for those with ONLY a Koodo number call in using Skype as Skype is free for toll-free numbers. tks @pkeep22 )
Press 1 for English.
Press 1 for Activate a new Device
Press 0 to connect directly with an agent
You will be transferred to a front line agent in about 30 - 90 seconds.
Tell them you are looking to cancel
They will Authenticate you and your account
They will transfer you to a supervisor.
Last edited by RunnerForDeals on Aug 23rd, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
238 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1076 posts
206 upvotes
toronto
is there anyway a new koodo customer could get this and stack with a referral bonus? :)
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3648 posts
2363 upvotes
Kitchener
How long were you with Koodo when you threatened to cancel?
Why can't we all just get along?
Jan 1, 2017
27 posts
13 upvotes
What Public plan were you planning on going to?
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1161 posts
1084 upvotes
Seems like a good negotiation tactic since it appears Telus wants customers to migrate from PM to Koodo.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1130 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto
RunnerForDeals wrote:
Supervisor took over the call and offered me the $60 10GB plan with a 10% discount provisioned on the line for the life of the phone.

This plan IS eligible for a Tab as I also added on Tab Small phone for $6 a month.
Is the 10% for 2 years (life of tab/phone), or is it as long as you're a customer?

Great deal nonetheless. Might call to swing this one.
Dec 15, 2017
203 posts
118 upvotes
scoutermike wrote: What's the number to get retentions?
I dont think there is one. You call the regular number (wait times are usually over an hour) and then ask for loyalty or retentions (same thing). They may question why you want to speak with someone higher up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2811 posts
1551 upvotes
Barrie
Scavos wrote: is there anyway a new koodo customer could get this and stack with a referral bonus? :)
No idea, sorry!
jeff1970 wrote: How long were you with Koodo when you threatened to cancel?
I was with Koodo for 5 years, however I was on the $48 5GB Manitoba legacy plan and I live in Ontario. The supervisor never even mentioned that I should not be on the plan.
KingSlam wrote: What Public plan were you planning on going to?
I said I was going to the $40 4.5GB one plastered on their website
sparkaction wrote: Seems like a good negotiation tactic since it appears Telus wants customers to migrate from PM to Koodo.
I wasn't even trying to negotiate, I was straight up trying to cancel to make my way over to the 8GB $45 Koodo migration plan, but super happy with a $54 10GB instead
scoutermike wrote: What's the number to get retentions?
I called the standard Koodo customer service number 1 (866) 995-6636 and then pressed 1 for English, 1 for new activation, 0 to be connected to operator. Told that agent I wanted to cancel. Agent authenticated me then transferred me to a supervisor
bluegang6 wrote:
Is the 10% for 2 years (life of tab/phone), or is it as long as you're a customer?

Great deal nonetheless. Might call to swing this one.
Thanks for pointing out my mistake, I will edit the post. The 10% off is for the life of the plan, not the Tab.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1130 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto
Hey OP, highly would encourage this be re-categorized under the Cell Phone subsection of Computers & electronics.

Hot deal for sure, but not positive it's getting eyes in the section it's at. :)
Aug 21, 2018
5 posts
3 upvotes
i got the same offer last weekend when i upgraded my phone. My original plan was $60 10GB BOYD. I asked for the $45 8GB plan, but they won't give it me. Instead they offered me to keep the $60 10GB with 10% discount on both lines in my account. In addition, i also got $150 off from the new phone on medium tab.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2811 posts
1551 upvotes
Barrie
bluegang6 wrote: Hey OP, highly would encourage this be re-categorized under the Cell Phone subsection of Computers & electronics.

Hot deal for sure, but not positive it's getting eyes in the section it's at. :)
Sure, I have done that. I made the OP with my mobile device and there is no option to choose cell phone on that.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1255 posts
1032 upvotes
Vancouver
Can you post a screen shot of the plan please
Oct 16, 2012
131 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
winenaught88 wrote: very informative. thanks for the tip and for posting!
Thank YOU for taking the time out to thank that poster for his/her/its informative post.

Both VERY helpful posts to this ymmv deal. Keep spreading those positive vibes eh
Oct 25, 2009
692 posts
208 upvotes
Calgary
Does anybody in Alberta get any of these deals? i keep seeing deals for koodo and when i look online NEVER am i offered anything here in Alberta. My cousin from Saskatoon came in to vist he picked up a new phone proved he lived in Sask and got 8 gigs for 50 bucks what the hell?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22051 posts
3092 upvotes
Out west
83trekker wrote: Does anybody in Alberta get any of these deals? i keep seeing deals for koodo and when i look online NEVER am i offered anything here in Alberta. My cousin from Saskatoon came in to vist he picked up a new phone proved he lived in Sask and got 8 gigs for 50 bucks what the hell?
Not really, seems AB is the last to get in on these, if at all. Maybe because alot of AB people use Koodo, since Rogers reception is garbage, and Telus is the main provider. I would ask if you call why all these other provinces are getting these upgrades, and not you.

I got a $45 plan with 2GB of data and unlimited everything else. I use my phone for calling a lot, so unlimited minutes was important to me over data. Although I will take more data for the same price if available. I like being able to call anytime during the day and not worry about it now.

My Samsung A8 is only an extra $5 a month, as I got it on a Tab Small ($10) and had a $120 credit from years ago. so the phone will cost me $120 over 2 years.

Im happy with the phone, the cost and the plan, so now I can concentrate on other things. Although I will still be looking in here for any other deals for data
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Aug 22nd, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
1247 posts
270 upvotes
Richmond Hill
RunnerForDeals wrote: Just got off the phone with Koodo Retentions and was able to get the Christmas 10GB Plan for $54 a month. Maybe YYMV but it was offered to me, didn't ask for it.

Called in to cancel to switch to the public mobile deal and told them flat out that is what I was doing.

Supervisor took over the call and offered me the $60 10GB plan with a 10% discount provisioned on the line for as long as I keep the plan.

Which Public Mobile deal did you say you were going to switch to?
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2003
1685 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting... I'm on the $60 BYOD plan but I have EasyRoam for $7 a day instead of the $8 you posted.

Regardless, great post - will try this next month.
Sep 27, 2003
10652 posts
3018 upvotes
Newmarket
Just did a quick thread cleanup. Please keep the discussion on topic. If you want to discuss other Koodo offerings, there are plenty of threads across the forum.
RFD Forums Moderator