Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

[Koodo Retentions] 10GB Data Unltd Canada Calling $54 a month

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2018 2:26 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 3, 2006
374 posts
330 upvotes
Halifax
myinglin0318 wrote: What do you guys say when you call in? Do you refer to RFD?
Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!

Just replace "Fight Club" with "RFD" Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Apr 7, 2007
852 posts
474 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I was told 2 lines required for 10% off as well. Got the $60/10 GB and a $125 tab credit. Took the offer, bought a LG G7 with my tab credit, then now just ported over to PM $40/4.5 GB plan. Will see if migration text comes some time in the next 2 months.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
Yeah I was not serious about mentioning RFD, CHILLAX people! On a serious note, what can I say when I call in? I have 2 lines with Koodo.
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2298 upvotes
Barrie
milanshergill wrote: I am assuming this would be BYOP deal? Is that correct?

What if I want to add a new phone on top of this $54 10GB deal? Has anyone been able to do that? Lets say the Samsung Note 9 - how much additional per month would that be? Any help would be appreciated.
My OP literally says that I added a $6 small tab plan on to this as well. So YES you can get a new phone while doing this.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2298 upvotes
Barrie
myinglin0318 wrote: Yeah I was not serious about mentioning RFD, CHILLAX people! On a serious note, what can I say when I call in? I have 2 lines with Koodo.
Just tell them that you are considering changing providers because you noticed some sweet deals in the market lately. You can say that you have seen Freedom Mobile offering 10GB for $50 or you can say that you have seen Public Mobile offering 4.5GB for $40. You are open to switching to them to save some money but wanted to give Koodo a chance to come down in price first because your buddy did that and he received a great deal from Koodo.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4879 posts
2787 upvotes
Ontario
RunnerForDeals wrote: Just tell them that you are considering changing providers because you noticed some sweet deals in the market lately. You can say that you have seen Freedom Mobile offering 10GB for $50 or you can say that you have seen Public Mobile offering 4.5GB for $40. You are open to switching to them to save some money but wanted to give Koodo a chance to come down in price first because your buddy did that and he received a great deal from Koodo.
I tried to do this exact thing and got shut down. The only way they would do anything as if I had two lines and a 10% discount is only good for one year.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1025 posts
344 upvotes
louisn wrote: Went from 49$ 6GB to 8GB Quebec plan. Good enough for me. The rep was very nice.
What did you say / ask for? I just tried. Also on $49 6GB QC Plan but no dice. Was told that it was an incredible plan and that the equivalent for a new customer is like $60.
Jan 28, 2014
690 posts
328 upvotes
If Koodo had offered me this or the 8gb public mobile plan I would have never left in the first place.

If I can get 15gb under 50 ongoing (no contract) I would never leave. I always buy my phone's outright and just look for the best priced plan.

I actually called Koodo and gave them a chance to offer me something 2+ years ago and they never had offers this good.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
Called a third time or 4th time? No dice. Kept saying this is impossible. Best we can do is 6gb for 55$. Getting so pissed off by these reps im tempted to cancel now.

The last rep tried to make me go on the website and say do you see what plans were offer now on the website compared to what you have now? Frigging jerk
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7083 upvotes
West GTEH!
RunnerForDeals wrote:
Just tell them that you are considering changing providers because you noticed some sweet deals in the market lately. You can say that you have seen Freedom Mobile offering 10GB for $50 or you can say that you have seen Public Mobile offering 4.5GB for $40. You are open to switching to them to save some money but wanted to give Koodo a chance to come down in price first because your buddy did that and he received a great deal from Koodo.
Slawek wrote:
I tried to do this exact thing and got shut down. The only way they would do anything as if I had two lines and a 10% discount is only good for one year.
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: Called a third time or 4th time? No dice. Kept saying this is impossible. Best we can do is 6gb for 55$. Getting so pissed off by these reps im tempted to cancel now.

The last rep tried to make me go on the website and say do you see what plans were offer now on the website compared to what you have now? Frigging jerk
It's kind of like the lottery, if you're lucky to get a Rep in the Cancellation or Retentions/Loyalty Dept. who can(somehow) get you a good deal on a plan.
As I mentioned before I tried 3 times before a Rep was able (somehow) to offer a plan I was happy with, $40/5GB, and definitely cheaper than what I was paying before. Not the best offer like other people got, but slightly better than the Public Mobile plan $40/4.5GB.
Maybe Black Friday might offer some good deals. *shrugs*
Last edited by Webhead on Sep 22nd, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😎
Sep 6, 2009
194 posts
23 upvotes
Oshawa
Just got off the phone. I called in using the method described in this thread and told the agent that I was thinking of cancelling since PM has 8gb for $50. I also said I'd like to stay and my friend got 10gb for $60, but I don't know what they can offer me. The agent put me on hold for a few minutes. Right before she came back on the phone, I got an email from Koodo saying I had been switched to the 10gb for $60 plan. She okayed it with me, asked me to turn the phone on and off and it would all be set up. I logged out of and then back in to my Koodo account and there it was. Easy as pie!
Aug 9, 2012
92 posts
43 upvotes
OTTAWA
Just called and was able to get $60 for 10 gigs no problem. They gave me a bit of grief for being on the MB plan but didn’t have any issue getting the plan I wanted. They also added a note on file that if my wife switches to Koodo she can get the same plan, in which case I’ll try to get the 10% discount.

Thanks!
Oct 5, 2012
145 posts
48 upvotes
BC
Koodo forcing callers to speak to their smart virtual assistant before it is willing to schedule you with a rep ... ugh. I didn't realise this might be why OP suggested calling in with another #. It wasn't just supposed to avoid the wait times, but rather this stupid thing. (If this was mentioned, I didn't read it - there's 16 pages of posts here)
May 16, 2010
49 posts
12 upvotes
Hey thanks OP, got my $60/10GB. I was from the MB plan and they didn't even mention it. What I did different though is that I emailed them telling them I'm a loyal customer and if they can match the Rogers offer back in December.
May 1, 2011
206 posts
151 upvotes
erin_luv wrote: Just got off the phone. I called in using the method described in this thread and told the agent that I was thinking of cancelling since PM has 8gb for $50. I also said I'd like to stay and my friend got 10gb for $60, but I don't know what they can offer me. The agent put me on hold for a few minutes. Right before she came back on the phone, I got an email from Koodo saying I had been switched to the 10gb for $60 plan. She okayed it with me, asked me to turn the phone on and off and it would all be set up. I logged out of and then back in to my Koodo account and there it was. Easy as pie!
I just did the same, went from 6gigs for 40 to 10gigs for $60. No push back on the phone at all. First they offered 8 for 50 to match PM but I suggested 10 for 60, he put me on hold for a few minutes then came back and confirmed.

40 for 6 was a great deal... But I use a ton of data on the go so I'm willing to Shell out a bit more so I don't have to track data usage. Sure as hell beats Rogers 10 for $120!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1625 posts
1339 upvotes
Whitby
Did anyone try asking or got the 1000 min LD Bonus along with this plan switch?
[external link removed]
Dec 13, 2017
26 posts
7 upvotes
I called in and said I was 100% leaving unless they were able to give me 10gb for "not much more". I had the $49 for 6Gb quebec transfer plan. they asked a lot of questions about the quebec plan, all i said was "i transferred it over" and "I'm not sure if I had a quebec number". they flipped me over to the $60 for 10gb at that point.
Feb 23, 2013
319 posts
199 upvotes
Holy hell...just called in using the Skype method. I'm on a SK plan - $48 with 6GB/month that 'was' a pretty good deal. Called in to cancel, gave them the reason being more competitive offers at Public Mobile, and they offered me $45/month for 8GB. Initially tried for 10, but 8 with a $3/month savings is good enough for me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)