Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo: Samsung Galaxy S9, $50 up front on tab med after $100 bonus (New activations)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2019 1:05 am
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
733 posts
643 upvotes

[Koodo] Koodo: Samsung Galaxy S9, $50 up front on tab med after $100 bonus (New activations)

The best buy deal is now better on Tab L with $250 GC for new activations. This thread is now obsolete as of today for the best deal on an S9.
Last edited by htauthority on Mar 16th, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Public Mobile $23 plan, $10 credits ongoing
Koodo $29 plan with Google Pixel 2 XL, $50 credits ongoing
EBox $42, group buy $2 off
Thanks to RFD
29 replies
Jun 1, 2007
424 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone gotten this $100 bonus from Koodo, what is it ?

I’m always skeptic of the value of bonuses, companies tend to overvalue. They’ll say it’s valued at $100 but it’s often something no one wants or no one would pay anything close to $100 for.

Super curious what it is.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2371 posts
926 upvotes
Burnaby
Likely a bunch of overpriced accessories. $30 cases, $50 screen protectors etc.

Probably clawbacks for when you cancel and take the phones.
Dec 6, 2011
1 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
It's 2 x $50 Visa gift cards.
Last edited by queenie0601 on Mar 15th, 2019 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2012
378 posts
192 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
I got mine for tab medium and a 150$ gift card a few months ago, this is very cold.
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
733 posts
643 upvotes
Sempiternal wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:20 am
I got mine for tab medium and a 150$ gift card a few months ago, this is very cold.
You cannot bring back a time machine, we all wish we could. Preowned was popular last week for $0 on med tab, they sold out, now with the two $50 gift cards ($100) makes it $50 on med tab for brand new with ear buds, the preowned one not even sure if it comes in the original box. Not as good but not bad if someone is in need of a phone now.
Thanks to RFD
Oct 18, 2011
315 posts
194 upvotes
Regina
htauthority wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 8:20 am
You cannot bring back a time machine, we all wish we could. Preowned was popular last week for $0 on med tab, they sold out, now with the two $50 gift cards ($100) makes it $50 on med tab for brand new with ear buds, the preowned one not even sure if it comes in the original box. Not as good but not bad if someone is in need of a phone now.
We all know there is no time machine. but we should mention the historical low so that people (if they are new to the forum) at least know how good the deal is. For somebody who always want the best deal, they know they should pass this one instead of feeling bad when a real deal comes.
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
733 posts
643 upvotes
shengli2009fall wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:17 pm
We all know there is no time machine. but we should mention the historical low so that people (if they are new to the forum) at least know how good the deal is. For somebody who always want the best deal, they know they should pass this one instead of feeling bad when a real deal comes.
Looks as though lots of people bought the preowned S9's. This is new in factory box with full accessories for $50 more. There should be better deals, if you can wait. No issues with posting historical lows, that's what you can hope to get. But not guaranteed...

I posted this in case the timing and purchase works for some. Do not post often, if I'm going to be critiqued endlessly not going to waste my time posting. Those that bought the preowned one's are they feeling bad or regretting receiving a phone used by someone else in a refurb box? I'm sure most are fine with it. Or they wouldn't buy. For $50 more I would rather have the new one personally but to each their own.
Thanks to RFD
Oct 18, 2011
315 posts
194 upvotes
Regina
htauthority wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:29 pm
Looks as though lots of people bought the preowned S9's. This is new in factory box with full accessories for $50 more. There should be better deals, if you can wait. No issues with posting historical lows, that's what you can hope to get. But not guaranteed...

I posted this in case the timing and purchase works for some. Do not post often, if I'm going to be critiqued endlessly not going to waste my time posting. Those that bought the preowned one's are they feeling bad or regretting receiving a phone used by someone else in a refurb box? I'm sure most are fine with it. Or they wouldn't buy. For $50 more I would rather have the new one personally but to each their own.
thank you for posting. People only comment on the deal itself, not the poster (well, there are some exceptions, like the car sales).
I think Sempiternal mentioned the black friday sale, it was brand new s9, 0 + tab med + 150 giftcard, as I got that too.

In my opinion, the deal you posted is better than the pre-owned one, but not as good as the black friday deal which Sempiternal and I mentioned.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3583 posts
472 upvotes
I think everyone needs to get past what the previous deal is and focus on what the current deals are.... As other have said we dont have a time machine..... Talking about what the deal was in November doesnt do any good to people looking for a phone now....
Oct 12, 2015
258 posts
213 upvotes
Ottawa
I think OP will get flak primarily because it's on Large Tab.

From my observation, majority folks on RFD are on some kind of Koodo plan that makes them ineligible for it. Tab L plans start at $75 in Ontario if I'm not mistaken.
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
733 posts
643 upvotes
sajjad365 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 1:29 pm
I think OP will get flak primarily because it's on Large Tab.

From my observation, majority folks on RFD are on some kind of Koodo plan that makes them ineligible for it. Tab L plans start at $75 in Ontario if I'm not mistaken.
No worries. Had to post specifics.

You pay $150 up front and get it on med tab, when $100 in gcs come in there's your $50 total up front cost, rest on med tab.
Thanks to RFD
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1537 posts
570 upvotes
Brrrr cold, it was $0 on tab medium with $150 points/gc on BF. This was before the s10 was released, this is worth less now.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7223 posts
3461 upvotes
Kootenays
htauthority wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:29 pm

We bought one of the CPO ones. It was indistinguishable from BNIB, other than no headphones or original box. I don't feel as much as a twinge of buyer's remorse. My son, who's the user, hates the Samsung headphones that came with my wife's S8. In addition, his $35/5GB plan doesn't allow for tab large, anyway, nor an upgrade. This is for new accounts, only.
I appreciate the post though, as I like to follow the deals available. It should also serve as a reminder to those that must have the "latest/greatest" that the "latest/greatest' will be 60% or more off in 12 months.