Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo unlmt calling+ 10gb data for $60/m + tab medium charge YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2018 10:45 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1418 posts
746 upvotes
neonic wrote: might be a stupid question, but can I port my number (telus) to PM?
Yes but sometimes internal ports have errors
The agreed upon way is open new number then do number change to port Telus/Koodo

It rarely is a problem but its better this way since you run the risk of going days without service
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1418 posts
746 upvotes
JagStyles wrote: But isn't PM a vastly inferior network? Do they offer LTE?
All Public plans are LTE
Some are full speed, some are throttled
Your choice
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Aug 7, 2013
534 posts
115 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
kav2001c wrote: All Public plans are LTE
Some are full speed, some are throttled
Your choice
Do they also have the standard roam like home options?
Dec 8, 2012
143 posts
144 upvotes
Winnipeg
JagStyles wrote: Great idea... Do you know how far in advance I can set my cancellation date for *give it at least a week time or till next billing cycle date* and if I change my mind, can I remove the cancellation date or once it's set, there's no turning back? *Yes you can remove cancellation anytime before the cancellation date*. Also, if the intention was to port all the numbers, does that have an impact as well? I don’t think so
while doing that they might tell you that “if you set up a cancellation date then you won’t get your numbers back when you port to Koodo, don’t worry by that time you will definitely get a call back from Winback team”
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2003 posts
1326 upvotes
Ottawa
JagStyles wrote: Do they also have the standard roam like home options?
They have US roaming add ons, I think they're all for 10-day periods (look on the Plans page under Add Ons).

They do not have any international roaming options.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Aug 7, 2013
534 posts
115 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
adsshakeel wrote: while doing that they might tell you that “if you set up a cancellation date then you won’t get your numbers back when you port to Koodo, don’t worry by that time you will definitely get a call back from Winback team”
My only concern is I don't get the call back and the cancellation goes through. One of the 3 lines I have on my account I use for business and all my clients use that number to reach me.
Dec 8, 2012
143 posts
144 upvotes
Winnipeg
JagStyles wrote: My only concern is I don't get the call back and the cancellation goes through. One of the 3 lines I have on my account I use for business and all my clients use that number to reach me.
In that case set up cancellation date on one line and wait for the call, once you get the call switch all lines with same Winback promo
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1418 posts
746 upvotes
JagStyles wrote: Do they also have the standard roam like home options?
Roam add on
Needs to be prepaid based on how many days you are in US
Deal Addict
May 14, 2006
1002 posts
394 upvotes
GTA
JagStyles wrote: I'm assuming to get this deal we would need to visit a local Walmart? Also, can they port my number over? Still wary of using 3G speeds as I rely on my cell phone for business purposes.
That's a joke right? What can you absolutely need LTE for business purposes that 3g can't provide, besides HD video conferencing, through your phone?

I've never been on 4g and get by just fine on 3g. I average 25mbs on Bell's 3g network. That's as fast as some people's home internet. I can stream HD content both live and on demand. Sure it's not LTE but it's more than enough.
Images
  • Screenshot_20180814-004455.png
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11203 posts
10224 upvotes
PM does not have a call center. Support is done by sending private message to the moderator team at PM Community forum. Respond time is up to 48 hours. It will be longer when they are busy. The 48 hours is a guide and not guaranteed. You may not have phone service for a few days while waiting for the moderator team to check on your problem.

DON'T move your business line to PM.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Aug 16, 2015
692 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kinata wrote: That's a joke right? What can you absolutely need LTE for business purposes that 3g can't provide, besides HD video conferencing, through your phone?

I've never been on 4g and get by just fine on 3g. I average 25mbs on Bell's 3g network. That's as fast as some people's home internet. I can stream HD content both live and on demand. Sure it's not LTE but it's more than enough.

25Mb/s would be great, but from what I understand the PM 3G LTE is throttled to 3Mb/s. Probably fine for most people.
Jan 18, 2017
605 posts
212 upvotes
JonahL wrote: I am also on the BYOD 10GB/$60 since last November. I have attempted to add a tab multiple times in the past, but whenever I get to the screen where you choose the plan, my 10GB plan was never available. I would have had to choose a lower GB/higher cost plan if I wanted to go further.

Just now, I decided to test, and after I add a phone to a medium tab, when it asks me to select a plan, I can now choose my 10GB plan.

so I'm guessing they just automatically converted our plan to a Medium tab plan? If so, that's awesome!
I really hope this is the case! I don't need a phone just yet, but would love to take advantage of tab medium deals when they come up in the future.
May 20, 2017
531 posts
158 upvotes
GTA
JagStyles wrote: My only concern is I don't get the call back and the cancellation goes through. One of the 3 lines I have on my account I use for business and all my clients use that number to reach me.
For businesses , I will not recommended PM , because you might need heavy Data, Koodo not bad for businesses, you can have up to 15GB Data Plan with Koodo, I just upgraded my Koodo Plan $75/15GB Data Plan.
Dec 16, 2017
2 posts
I called Koodo today and after waiting almost two hours on hold was able to get them to give me the $60/10 GB + Tab Medium. I had the old $60/10 GB plan already.

The first customer service rep told me it didn't exist in the system so I had to threaten to leave and asked to be escalated to retentions. The rep on that end was very pleasant and gave me the upgrade with no hassle other than more phone waiting time.