Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo Wireless Home Phone now $10/mo ongoing price

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2017 9:45 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 3, 2013
736 posts
291 upvotes
Mississauga

[Koodo] Koodo Wireless Home Phone now $10/mo ongoing price

Received an email that Koodo home phone is now $10/month plus $50 for hub and sim card. Price seems to be ongoing and not just for the 12 months like before when it was being offered for $5/mo for 12 months. I checked Koodo site and then went to Koodo to confirm. Initially both sales reps thought it was only for 12 months but then confirmed it would be ongoing.

https://www.koodomobile.com/wireless-home-phone
104 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
1699 posts
9038 upvotes
Only available in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and Atlantic provinces.

I think most RFDers just assume we're all in ON, but...
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1585 posts
614 upvotes
Just to clarify, the price of 10$/month would be ongoing, but the offer for getting that price ends on Feb 26, 2017

For new activations only, so those like me who already signed up with the 5$/month for 12 months offer obviously can't change our plans to get this after our 15$ discount ends

Double referral bonus still on until Mar 5, so 50$ if you get referred
Member
Aug 30, 2007
379 posts
173 upvotes
Is there an external antenna that could be put outside?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 28, 2005
3127 posts
659 upvotes
G0DKING wrote: Just to clarify, the price of 10$/month would be ongoing, but the offer for getting that price ends on Feb 26, 2017

For new activations only, so those like me who already signed up with the 5$/month for 12 months offer obviously can't change our plans to get this after our 15$ discount ends

Double referral bonus still on until Mar 5, so 50$ if you get referred
You're partially right. You could consider opening a new account. Get referred and get $50 in the new account. This will pay for about 4 months in your new account.

After you get your $50 referral fee, then port your current home phone number (in your old account) to Koodo Prepaid. Then immediately port your phone number from Koodo Prepaid into your new account.

This will close your old account and you'll have your current phone number in your new $10/month account.

I am planning on doing this as I'm in your same situation. I just hope that they won't force me to buy a new hub.
Sr. Member
Mar 25, 2009
884 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
has anyone ported their number from Vonage to Koodo Home? How painful is the process and how long did it take ? do I have to notify Vonage or do I just port the number and I'm done?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2011
2605 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Leverage wrote: Only available in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and Atlantic provinces.

I think most RFDers just assume we're all in ON, but...
I think Alberta and BC have the TELUS branded version of the plan.
http://www.telus.com/en/ab/mobility/dev ... e/index.do (specify AB or BC as your location).
Last edited by MOBIFREE on Feb 10th, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2011
2605 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mcfrugal wrote: has anyone ported their number from Vonage to Koodo Home? How painful is the process and how long did it take ? do I have to notify Vonage or do I just port the number and I'm done?
You'll need to get your account # from Vonage, and provide that to Koodo.
You don't need to tell Vonage anything until you're fully ported out to Koodo, you may want to confirm the account is cancelled with Vonage.
Member
Feb 7, 2008
464 posts
230 upvotes
St Catharines
agent86 wrote: You're partially right. You could consider opening a new account. Get referred and get $50 in the new account. This will pay for about 4 months in your new account.

After you get your $50 referral fee, then port your current home phone number (in your old account) to Koodo Prepaid. Then immediately port your phone number from Koodo Prepaid into your new account.

This will close your old account and you'll have your current phone number in your new $10/month account.

I am planning on doing this as I'm in your same situation. I just hope that they won't force me to buy a new hub.
Interesting, if we're coming in with a Koodo mobile account (but no home phone # at all) and want to take advantage of the referral, we could just create a new account (presumably different email?) - is there a way to merge accounts/billing afterwards? Thanks!
Mobile: Freedom Mobile Everywhere 60 w. US roaming
Internet: Carrytel 60/10 29$
TV: FTA Antenna + Netflix
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 28, 2005
3127 posts
659 upvotes
mgrimace wrote: Interesting, if we're coming in with a Koodo mobile account (but no home phone # at all) and want to take advantage of the referral, we could just create a new account (presumably different email?) - is there a way to merge accounts/billing afterwards? Thanks!
Yes, create a new account with a new email to get the $50 referral. You will be able to manage the new account with your old account but you will not be able to merge the two accounts together for billing purposes. Not sure why that should matter though.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2011
2605 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mgrimace wrote: Interesting, if we're coming in with a Koodo mobile account (but no home phone # at all) and want to take advantage of the referral, we could just create a new account (presumably different email?) - is there a way to merge accounts/billing afterwards? Thanks!
Once it's done, I think you might be able to do a transfer of responsibility / transfer of ownership so that both numbers are under the same account. (Do it after the referral credits have been applied).
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3781 posts
1089 upvotes
QC
Why did they left the regular 20$/months at the bottom? Quite confusing.
Member
Oct 12, 2005
279 posts
53 upvotes
Edmonton
Virgin Mobile matched the deal. $10/month for wireless home phone with free canada-wide calling, plus free HUB on a 2 yr contract.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1195 posts
163 upvotes
M4W 1J6
Just to note, Virgin is only available in "Alberta, British Columbia and parts of Quebec."
Member
Jun 27, 2010
457 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone knows if this works with alarm system, e.g. TMC?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)