• Mar 6th, 2017 9:45 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3831 posts
1129 upvotes
QC
agent86 wrote: I think they're wrong. See here:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo ... hone-offer

Make sure you click on the "View Previous" under the second post. Koodo has confirmed that the $10 is permanent.

I also confirmed with a Koodo "store manager" prior to signing up. He confirmed that the $10 will not go up. As well, I have received my first bill, it clearly indicates that my plan is "$10 Wireless Home Phone UL". In my previous $5/month for 12 months plan, the bill said the plan is "$20 Wireless Home Phone UL" with a "$15 Home Phone Discount - 12mo".

So I'm pretty sure that the $10/month is permanent.
I'm gonna see at another booth to make sure. I showed that forum post to the guy at Koodo but I didn't clicked the "show previous post".

Thanks for that billing information detail.
[OP]
Jan 3, 2013
738 posts
293 upvotes
Mississauga
Got this phone a few days ago. The agreement says $10 a month. Nowhere does it say price will go up after a certain number of months.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3583 posts
1851 upvotes
Halifax
looking4deals1 wrote: Got this phone a few days ago. The agreement says $10 a month. Nowhere does it say price will go up after a certain number of months.
My Fido agreement never said anything about it going up either. If it stayed at $10 a month, I would not have bothered switching to Koodo. But I know what you are saying, nothing stating there being a time limited period like I have with Koodo currently. Easy enough though. Will port over in July if Koodo does not let me switch to $10 a month. Service is not worth $20 a month.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2014
1606 posts
630 upvotes
It's 100% not going to increase after a year:

2 weeks ago
Ranjan, Official Rep
13,318 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Sorry Allan, but that's not correct. The current promotion for $10/month is a limited time offer that allows the customer to keep that rate for as long as they keep their service. Previous promotions have been for 12-month periods.

Act fast though, this promo ends Feb. 26, 2017.

2 weeks ago
Allan
4,808 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Bernard, in the fine print which is in my previous comment it says that at month 13 it goes to $20/month? Is that a typo and if so it should be forwarded to Koodo to get fixed

2 weeks ago
Ranjan, Official Rep
Thanks for the head's up, Allan. I'm almost certain this was a miss, since it goes against what was communicated to us, but I'm double-checking now and getting the team to update.

2 weeks ago
Ranjan, Official Rep
Hi all - confirmed that the current $10 promotion is indeed valid for the length of your service with Koodo, i.e. doesn't expire after one-year. The team will be updating the copy on the website to reflect this.

Deal is still on for 3 days and double referral is still on, which gives you almost half a year free
Remember, you're not locked in too ─ so if you find a better offer you can just cancel this
Still a hot deal, IMO
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3831 posts
1129 upvotes
QC
bridonca wrote: My Fido agreement never said anything about it going up either. If it stayed at $10 a month, I would not have bothered switching to Koodo. But I know what you are saying, nothing stating there being a time limited period like I have with Koodo currently. Easy enough though. Will port over in July if Koodo does not let me switch to $10 a month. Service is not worth $20 a month.
Device are unlocked? I thought that koodo wasn't provisioning devices from elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3184 posts
752 upvotes
jfmartel wrote: Device are unlocked? I thought that koodo wasn't provisioning devices from elsewhere.
No. He means you're not locked in to a contract.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8776 posts
636 upvotes
Just pay one time $200 to get GSM unit and pay $10/month more for the service from TMC. Forget about any pay home phone line. Get FreePhoneLine setup for free home phone line service ;)

Honestly, we hardly make any calls from home phone line, thus I am glad it is free Face With Tears Of Joy
sroghen wrote: Anyone knows if this works with alarm system, e.g. TMC?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3831 posts
1129 upvotes
QC
agent86 wrote: No. He means you're not locked in to a contract.
Yup but he said he switched from Fido to Koodo.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3583 posts
1851 upvotes
Halifax
jfmartel wrote: Device are unlocked? I thought that koodo wasn't provisioning devices from elsewhere.
The Fido Device was locked. At one time you could use it for Koodo, once you unlocked it, but that is apparently not possible anymore. I beleive the Koodo device is also locked, but I never really tested it out.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3831 posts
1129 upvotes
QC
Got the deal today. Waiting for the port in.
Dec 24, 2010
282 posts
205 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
I signed up on 28 Jan 2017 to the $5 deal for 12 months - is it too late or is it allowed to switch to the permanent $10/mth?
Sep 2, 2007
720 posts
208 upvotes
I have a Koodo Home phone
There are lots of knowledgeable people reading this thread

Why would the number of bars showing on the base station go up and down?
Sometimes there are two then the next time I look at there are four
Proximity to the base does not seem to have any impact.
Oct 2, 2010
97 posts
83 upvotes
Ontario
billrush wrote: I have a Koodo Home phone
There are lots of knowledgeable people reading this thread

Why would the number of bars showing on the base station go up and down?
Sometimes there are two then the next time I look at there are four
Proximity to the base does not seem to have any impact.
That would just be your signal strength. If you're between towers it can bounce between them. As long as you have some bars I wouldn't worry about it.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2605 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I already have PM and the service is great here.
And seeing that the $10/mo is the permanent price, I'll pick this up tomorrow.

Does anyone know how a port out from OOMA to Koodo takes?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3184 posts
752 upvotes
Last day to sign up today. Although they may extend the offer date.

Go get it if you want it.