Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo Wireless Home Phone now $10/mo ongoing price

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2017 9:45 pm
Sep 30, 2008
384 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
currently paying bell 35.xx including tax for a homephone for local calls.

Thinking abt getting this now hmm....
I am a koodo wireless cust so maybe it will be worth it.. :S
PROUD KOODO CLIENT!
:)
Aug 11, 2016
7 posts
3 upvotes
Went to only Koodo kiosk in town to sign up for wireless home phone and they were sold out of boxes!!! Went home and called koodo and they said there was nothing they could do to get the deal.

Had gone to sign up yesterday and they had said they had all kind of boxes, but rep told us about the referral (and currently double) so decided to wait and set up a referral first first (wife and son with Koodo)....set up referral and went back today to buy home phone, but all sold out of boxes...hopefully the deal promotion gets extended...or becomes a regular thing.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18339 posts
4733 upvotes
Toronto
lvl1 wrote: currently paying bell 35.xx including tax for a homephone for local calls.

Thinking abt getting this now hmm....
I am a koodo wireless cust so maybe it will be worth it.. :S
If you don't need fax or home alarm system monitoring, then wireless home phone is good. I'm on Zoomer's $10 plan which uses Rogers' network. The adapter was free too.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7138 posts
1181 upvotes
Toronto
bridonca wrote: The Fido Device was locked. At one time you could use it for Koodo, once you unlocked it, but that is apparently not possible anymore. I beleive the Koodo device is also locked, but I never really tested it out.
Definitely locked.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44544 posts
5113 upvotes
Richmond Hill
EugW wrote: If you don't need fax or home alarm system monitoring, then wireless home phone is good. I'm on Zoomer's $10 plan which uses Rogers' network. The adapter was free too.
Was that a limited time offer? It says $20/mo. on the website.

http://www.zoomerwireless.ca/wireless_home_phone/
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18339 posts
4733 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: Was that a limited time offer? It says $20/mo. on the website.

http://www.zoomerwireless.ca/wireless_home_phone/
Not sure if it's still active or not, but it was never on their site. It's a call-in deal for existing Zoomer customers, except that they were giving it to anyone, whether or not they were existing customers. It was still active as of last week I believe. Dunno about this week.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3831 posts
1129 upvotes
QC
Anyone been able to validate their new home phone to send referal?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3136 posts
1285 upvotes
Montreal
It's a good option for seniors who can't be bothered to spend a few minutes configuring an ATA but if you just want a landline as a backup/secondary line then go with Freephoneline instead.

All it costs is 50-60$ for the adapter and 80$ to use their service on a smartphone/ATA. I paid about 110$ in total 5 years ago.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3184 posts
752 upvotes
Dead now. Offer is back to $5/month for 12 months. Offer valid until March 31, 2017.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18339 posts
4733 upvotes
Toronto
kenze wrote: It's a good option for seniors who can't be bothered to spend a few minutes configuring an ATA but if you just want a landline as a backup/secondary line then go with Freephoneline instead.

All it costs is 50-60$ for the adapter and 80$ to use their service on a smartphone/ATA. I paid about 110$ in total 5 years ago.
Disadvantage with that is that it requires an internet connection.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3136 posts
1285 upvotes
Montreal
EugW wrote: Disadvantage with that is that it requires an internet connection.
True but who doesn't have Internet nowadays? Also, you start saving 11$~ per month (tax included) for the rest of your life after a year.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
1910 posts
369 upvotes
agent86 wrote: Dead now. Offer is back to $5/month for 12 months. Offer valid until March 31, 2017.
Does anyone know if the referral still work?
Feb 7, 2006
171 posts
56 upvotes
GTA
simplylgg wrote: Does anyone know if the referral still work?
Double referral still valid until March 5.
Happy Koodo user
Dec 27, 2011
64 posts
47 upvotes
AMHERSTBURG
Inno wrote: Definitely locked.
I unlocked my box from Fido to use on koodo. Check ebay with model number. Don't use a portable phone as it will not work and you will end up permanently locking the device. Search Google how to unlock.