• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2018 1:17 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
2638 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
I know nothing about the LG G6

Earlier this year I took an iPhone 6S as part of a Koodo deal, when I was trying to sell it on kijiji/RFD, tons of people wanted to trade with LG G6

It got to a point where as soon as they mentioned "trade" without specifying what they're trading with, I would reply "Not for the LG G6" and never hear back from them

And no, I'm not an iPhone user...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6939 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto
orbitdesign wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:56 am
Yes, it is and probably always will be on LG Canadian variants :/
I wonder if the G7 One Canadian variant has a locked bootloader.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
1612 posts
898 upvotes
Montreal, QC
mrblack747 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:04 am
this is the same price as last year, cold ~~~!!!!!
I think cannabis consumption is affecting your memory...
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1401 posts
572 upvotes
Cambridge
frogger wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:16 am
I wonder if the G7 One Canadian variant has a locked bootloader.
So far, no. The European version can be, but that's always the case with LG. Not sure why the hate for Canadians.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2134 posts
2186 upvotes
If I didn’t get an s8 already as my backup phone, I would 100% get the G6 at this price
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1186 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto
Chrno wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:06 am
The G6 has LG bloatware
If it's ram memory concern, doesn't many bloat app have the option to be disabled via the app setting?
Like for me I have a few things that I never used that I've disabled. Of course not as clean as root and totally removed, but good enough for me.
Oct 15, 2016
132 posts
37 upvotes
Do Best Buy or Walmart offer any GCs with Tab Small activations?
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Oct 15, 2016
132 posts
37 upvotes
seafish wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:55 am
Best Buy had $25 + $150 bonus last weekend (but it was still +$120 upfront):
Might wait until the weekend to see if there are any offers.
Yeah hoping there's a deal this weekend.
For the price, I don't' think it's a bad deal at all.
Even $25 will cover part of the connection fee.
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Dec 29, 2016
231 posts
395 upvotes
flaming homer wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:13 am
I know nothing about the LG G6

Earlier this year I took an iPhone 6S as part of a Koodo deal, when I was trying to sell it on kijiji/RFD, tons of people wanted to trade with LG G6

It got to a point where as soon as they mentioned "trade" without specifying what they're trading with, I would reply "Not for the LG G6" and never hear back from them

And no, I'm not an iPhone user...
I think it's more of an LG thing rather than a G6 thing. I bought one for my mom pretty cheap used, it's a really nice phone. Screen's really nice, outdoor shots are very nice, wide angle camera takes some pics to the next level, she loves it. Koodo subscribers can get it for $270 after tax, there ain't no $300 phone like it that's for sure.

I've spoken to ppl and they associate LG with making cheap products. Bootloops haven't helped either.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2021 posts
430 upvotes
Kelowna
Unlike the S8 deal, if I select to keep my out of market plan and get this phone, the price does not change.

I'm just not sure if I want to go to the G6 from my G4. It's not much of an upgrade, but I do like that I could get it with the smallest tab.

Anyone with the phone have any opinions on it? pros or cons? I read an article (vague, I know, but I don't remember where) that made it sound like the G5 and G6 weren't that great, but the G7 was a big improvement.