• Nov 24th, 2018 1:17 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3575 posts
577 upvotes
Mississauga
Splashed wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 2:09 pm
To answer my own question, TMS offer today on a G6 is 200k optimum points, plus 50k for a trade in. Not a crazy deal, but worth not standing in a huge line tomorrow. Stock is getting low at the two stores I talked to however.
Sorry, new line or upgrade for those points?
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3222 posts
854 upvotes
Went with my mom who is a Koodo customer and had the 150 off any phone offer.

We got two G6's for $330, $70 activation and $52 tax. $452 total. Got $450 back in PC points. Unfortunately they couldn't do a trade in on my mom's upgrade, only new activations are eligible apparently? Not sure if they screwed up, but still happy with essentially free phones.

I cancelled today because I use the $15 Fido 3GB tablet plan with VOIP. No way I'm paying for an overpriced plan for any amount of time, Canadians get hosed enough so no I don't feel bad for these greedy ass telecoms. I would feel bad for the rep but this is the fifth sale she's made because I bring my parents and others to her all the time. If I get blacklisted so be it.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1191 posts
417 upvotes
Toronto
VanceMendoza wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 3:00 am
Went with my mom who is a Koodo customer and had the 150 off any phone offer.

We got two G6's for $330, $70 activation and $52 tax. $452 total. Got $450 back in PC points. Unfortunately they couldn't do a trade in on my mom's upgrade, only new activations are eligible apparently? Not sure if they screwed up, but still happy with essentially free phones.

I cancelled today because I use the $15 Fido 3GB tablet plan with VOIP. No way I'm paying for an overpriced plan for any amount of time, Canadians get hosed enough so no I don't feel bad for these greedy ass telecoms. I would feel bad for the rep but this is the fifth sale she's made because I bring my parents and others to her all the time. If I get blacklisted so be it.
No tab??
Jul 29, 2007
568 posts
273 upvotes
North America
I'm not sure how the calculation works - Just wondering - How did you get both for $330? And how did PC points add up to $450?
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!