Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

LG G6 $240 on Tab Small

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2018 1:17 pm
May 12, 2011
294 posts
225 upvotes
TO
Bishop8 wrote: When you say 'mod' does that mean you have to unlock the OS or something? Mine's completely stock and I'd prefer to keep it that way. Hopefully it's just donwloading a new app?
Just download and install.
Dec 27, 2011
84 posts
70 upvotes
AMHERSTBURG
Love my LG G6. Have had for about a year, battery lasts me all day with moderate use. To me it has a great camera. Far from sluggish but I also don't have a million apps. Don't think the newest phones are worth the price.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
love2save wrote: Got G6 +100k points at TMS today for my neighbour.
(240+35)1.13 - 100 = 210ish net.

Not quite as good as the WM G6 deal last month @$150ish net (for the wife) but neighbour is thrilled.
Wow, I don't have anything against my neighbour, but I would never buy him a phone! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes I wouldn't mind buying one for his wife, but that might create some problems! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
S0lidus wrote: I got it for $0 on medium on boxing week last year. The screen cracked up by the speaker almost immediately. I've had the USB port replaced through warranty already as it stopped working, turnaround time was only 4 days so that's good service. Now the phone is just slow, the camera has become so slow, I don't understand why. I refresh it from time to time (factory reset). The battery has also gone into the shitter, i get a couple of hours of solid use out of it now.
Sounds like this phone will have trouble lasting 2 years, unless you're really hard on phones.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1595 posts
1210 upvotes
Nanaimo
Rogido wrote: Sounds like this phone will have trouble lasting 2 years, unless you're really hard on phones.
I doubt it'll last 2 years, although I rarely keep a phone for 2 years. i'm not really hard on phones I don't think, I even started keeping this one in a case. For $240 you can't really go wrong though, even if you only have it for a year and then sell it for $150.
Nov 1, 2016
107 posts
80 upvotes
Its a good phone for the price point. I had the G4 with no issues except battery ran out quickly. Switched to Samsung to spice it up but the G6 should be an improved version of G4.
Oct 1, 2013
869 posts
838 upvotes
NavieM wrote: If I didn’t get an s8 already as my backup phone, I would 100% get the G6 at this price
That's one hell of a backup phone my guy
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1166 posts
492 upvotes
Ottawa
I have 3 LG G3's in our family all bought new at the same time just over 2 years ago (past extended warranty period).

2 out of the 3 have become broken in the last few months (randomly reboots/ bootloop, etc..)

While the phones are physically in great shape (look like new), the issues arises from low quality internal manufacturing (cold solder joints).

One of the phones with issues will no longer boot. This is temporarily remedied by disassembling the phone and putting the mother board in an oven and baking it for a few minutes at ~350F. This baking repair fixes the phone by re-flowing the solder joints. After doing this fix the phone then works for another month at which point the baking is required again.

Needless to say i am in the market for a couple of new phones and this time i want to avoid another LG phone.
However I must say that the low price of this G6 deal is still tempting, even if the phone only lasts ~ 2 years.

A few other people were mentioning a Galaxy S8 Deal that cost a bit more.. I have not seen this deal, can someone point me to it?
Last edited by mrinterested on Nov 9th, 2018 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
Anyone just ordering this and cancelling the line afterwards? $240 + taxes (and few days of service) sounds like a great deal!
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
dealxtremeleecher wrote: That's one hell of a backup phone my guy
I want to get a Porsche to back up my Honda Civic daily-driver.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
mrinterested wrote: I have 3 LG G3's in our family all bought new at the same time just over 2 years ago (past extended warranty period).

2 out of the 3 have become broken in the last few months (randomly reboots/ bootloop, etc..)

While the phones are physically in great shape (look like new), the issues arises from low quality internal manufacturing (cold solder joints).

One of the phones with issues will no longer boot. This is temporarily remedied by disassembling the phone and putting the mother board in an oven and baking it for a few minutes at ~350F. This baking repair fixes the phone by re-flowing the solder joints. After doing this fix the phone then works for another month at which point the baking is required again.

Needless to say i am in the market for a couple of new phones and this time i want to avoid another LG phone.
However I must say that the low price of this G6 deal is still tempting, even if the phone only lasts ~ 2 years.

A few other people were mentioning a Galaxy S8 Deal that cost a bit more.. I have not seen this deal, can someone point me to it?
Are you a Koodo customer? The S8 deal for $0 on Tab M is for existing Koodo customers only.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1166 posts
492 upvotes
Ottawa
Rogido wrote: Are you a Koodo customer? The S8 deal for $0 on Tab M is for existing Koodo customers only.
No. I am not an existing Koodo customer.
I was once a Koodo customer, basically only long enough to get a deal on a phone (similar to this deal), at which point i then ended my plan with Koodo.

How much does the S8 end up costing overall ?
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
mrinterested wrote: No. I am not an existing Koodo customer.
I was once a Koodo customer, basically only long enough to get a deal on a phone (similar to this deal), at which point i then ended my plan with Koodo.

How much does the S8 end up costing overall ?
Well, the S8 for existing customer is $0 upfront on Tab M, so $360 + tax.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1166 posts
492 upvotes
Ottawa
Rogido wrote: Well, the S8 for existing customer is $0 upfront on Tab M, so $360 + tax.
Sounds like a good deal to me. I don't mind paying a bit more for the Samsung S8.

Guess i will wait and see if they open up this deal to non existing customers in the next couple of days.
May 7, 2010
811 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
I've had my koodo LG G6 for about a year now. It's a good phone but I am disappointed in the battery. It looses anywhere from 2% to 10% from the time I go to bed to when I get up in the morning. I make sure to clear/close all my apps but I can't figure out what is using the power. I use the on screen function but I tried going without it and it barely impacted my battery usage. If I played games on it I would need to top up, where as my bro-in-laws Iphone seems to have an unlimited battery. He can play a game for an hour and only be down 5%. I'll use it for another year to get my monies worth out of it, but I'd happily try that S8 for $360.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6433 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
MuaySteve wrote: I've had my koodo LG G6 for about a year now. It's a good phone but I am disappointed in the battery. It looses anywhere from 2% to 10% from the time I go to bed to when I get up in the morning. I make sure to clear/close all my apps but I can't figure out what is using the power. I use the on screen function but I tried going without it and it barely impacted my battery usage. If I played games on it I would need to top up, where as my bro-in-laws Iphone seems to have an unlimited battery. He can play a game for an hour and only be down 5%. I'll use it for another year to get my monies worth out of it, but I'd happily try that S8 for $360.
It's an android issue not LG g6 specific.
May 7, 2010
811 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
canadiankorean wrote: It's an android issue not LG g6 specific.
Well ya, whenever you are dealing with an android phone, with the 1000 flavours of hardware and vendors no two ever work the same. But the battery life has been a pretty popular issue on the G6.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1906 posts
1000 upvotes
Anyone aware of any deals at Best Buy if doing an upgrade on an existing line?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
MuaySteve wrote: I've had my koodo LG G6 for about a year now. It's a good phone but I am disappointed in the battery. It looses anywhere from 2% to 10% from the time I go to bed to when I get up in the morning. I make sure to clear/close all my apps but I can't figure out what is using the power. I use the on screen function but I tried going without it and it barely impacted my battery usage. If I played games on it I would need to top up, where as my bro-in-laws Iphone seems to have an unlimited battery. He can play a game for an hour and only be down 5%. I'll use it for another year to get my monies worth out of it, but I'd happily try that S8 for $360.
Battery used to be amazing until I updated the firmware to the latest Android that was available for the phone...now battery sucks...would get lags a lot too
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2237 posts
569 upvotes
Kelowna
BeapChastard wrote: The G4 doesn't have a notification led.
Unless I'm mistaken, my LG G4 is blinking a blue light at me right now that I have an unread email. Sometimes it blinks green, sometimes dark blue. Are we talking about the same thing?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)