Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo - LG Optimus One - 150$ starting Friday.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2012 12:39 am
[OP]
Nov 19, 2007
55 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal

[Koodo] Koodo - LG Optimus One - 150$ starting Friday.

As the title say. Went to my local Koodo store to buy the LG Optimus One, the manager told me to wait to tomorrow because they are going to lower the phone price to 150$ nationwide. The tab can be applied to that. Can be unlocked and used with Rogers / Fido / Bell / Telus / PC
1994 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
8011 posts
6027 upvotes
Kitchener
jfgiguere wrote: As the title say. Went to my local Koodo store to buy the LG Optimus One, the manager told me to wait to tomorrow because they are going to lower the phone price to 150$ nationwide. The tab can be applied to that.
Woah......but does it still include $100 in prepaid Visa gift cards? I sense a price match in the near future ;)
Apr 9, 2008
293 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
IntrepidRT wrote: Woah......but does it still include $100 in prepaid Visa gift cards? I sense a price match in the near future ;)

I looked at the signs at the Koodo Shop in Rideau Centre, Ottawa...the promotion "expires March 31, 2011".

HMMMM.
Jan 19, 2007
678 posts
131 upvotes
Does anyone know if voice/data works if I insert a TELUS sim card in? Or does it require unlocking?

Thanks!
Apr 9, 2008
293 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
jyd_me wrote: Does anyone know if voice/data works if I insert a TELUS sim card in? Or does it require unlocking?

Thanks!

I read somewhere that a Telus card does not need unlocking on the LG Optimus One with Koodo. I have a Telus Sim at home, I will confirm later tonight
Jan 19, 2007
678 posts
131 upvotes
jay236 wrote: I read somewhere that a Telus card does not need unlocking on the LG Optimus One with Koodo. I have a Telus Sim at home, I will confirm later tonight

That's good news... please keep me posted!
[OP]
Nov 19, 2007
55 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
jay236 wrote: I read somewhere that a Telus card does not need unlocking on the LG Optimus One with Koodo. I have a Telus Sim at home, I will confirm later tonight

I have heard the same thing because the phone need to be unlocked with a Telus code.
[OP]
Nov 19, 2007
55 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
IntrepidRT wrote: Woah......but does it still include $100 in prepaid Visa gift cards? I sense a price match in the near future ;)
He told me they will price match, but he have no info about the gift cards.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2010
4805 posts
764 upvotes
Toronto
yes confirmed. was going to post this but OP already did it. but thanks OP. and yes this does include the 100 dollars visa gc
---> Buy With Confidence! Over 80+ Feedback <---
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7625 posts
5135 upvotes
Canada
Balanar08 wrote: yes confirmed. was going to post this but OP already did it. but thanks OP. and yes this does include the 100 dollars visa gc

Wow, does this mean we can get the phone for $25? $150 - $100 (GC) - $25(Ref. code)?
Feb 17, 2007
892 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm....what happens if I already ordered the phone online from the koodoomobile.ca site. Do they have price protection on this?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2010
4805 posts
764 upvotes
Toronto
iHateShaw wrote: Wow, does this mean we can get the phone for $25? $150 - $100 (GC) - $25(Ref. code)?

I don't know about the referral code. but I can definitely confirm that the 100 visa gc will work.
---> Buy With Confidence! Over 80+ Feedback <---
Oct 20, 2010
364 posts
42 upvotes
Durham Region
Can you use the Visa to pay off the tab? Not at the time of purchase but after when you want to leave them? They take CC payment right? It's a good deal, I just don't love those gift cards. Been wanting to try Android for a while.
Apr 9, 2008
293 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
The only issue with paying off the tab is that when you try to do it on the site with Koodo (same with Telus as well), it states that the "home address on the credit card must match your account information."

On the VISA GC CC, the name is under "VALUED CUSTOMER" and I'm pretty sure there's no address tied to it.

You could just use the VISA GC CC to pay for gas/groceries I guess...works out to be "saving money" on the phone anyways.
Oct 20, 2010
364 posts
42 upvotes
Durham Region
jay236 wrote: The only issue with paying off the tab is that when you try to do it on the site with Koodo (same with Telus as well), it states that the "home address on the credit card must match your account information."

On the VISA GC CC, the name is under "VALUED CUSTOMER" and I'm pretty sure there's no address tied to it.

You could just use the VISA GC CC to pay for gas/groceries I guess...works out to be "saving money" on the phone anyways.

Hm. I just prefer cash. I might check it out anyway. Maybe I can get my mom to give me cash in return for the card. She buys the groceries :P I use the GC's online though and even when it says name/address must match it goes through okay. The Visas usually make you register online with all the information and the Mastercards don't so it might work, it might not. Thanks!
Oct 14, 2009
519 posts
438 upvotes
Rothesay
ndondo wrote: once unlocked
what provider I can use with this phone?

Telus and rogers I assume ? anything else?

Thanks

Telus, Rogers, Bell, Fido, Petro Mobile, and probably 7-11 Speakout as well. Someone with more knowledge of the technologies please chime in - but I'm pretty sure all of those will work at least.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3626 posts
1915 upvotes
Halifax
ndondo wrote: once unlocked
what provider I can use with this phone?

Telus and rogers I assume ? anything else?

Thanks

When unlocked, all Canadian carriers that use SIM cards can use this phone. Wind Mobile and Mobilcity would be of extremely limited use though, because this phone does not support their main frequency range.
Oct 20, 2010
364 posts
42 upvotes
Durham Region
SavingMentor wrote: Telus, Rogers, Bell, Fido, Petro Mobile, and probably 7-11 Speakout as well. Someone with more knowledge of the technologies please chime in - but I'm pretty sure all of those will work at least.

PC (president's choice) mobile, with the right settings unlimited data on Bell's HSPA network is $7 a month, possibly with some minor restrictions? I can dig these up if anyone is interested. They also have a thing where if you top up $25 a month you get $35 total for calling, texting, and data services. They have cheap pay by the day and pay by the month. The sim is $10 and comes with a $10 credit so that's really all you can lose. I've been trying to get it to work on my iPhone but no luck with the methods I've tried so far. Giving iPhone config a try next. On Android it's a lot easier.