Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] LG V30 - $100 on Tab Medium ($360 on tab). Hot?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2018 2:48 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13595 posts
3807 upvotes
VANCOUVER
The Destroyer wrote: Is it still possible to cancel and pay off the tab right away when receiving the phone? Thus I would only pay the upfront device cost and the remaining tab balance? Just making sure nothing has changed in their policies recently.
ktkn wrote: It's still possible, but strongly recommend you do this:
Put on seasonal hold for 3 months at $15/month
Get a referral credit of $50 from another Koodo mobile member (or yourself if you already have a line), then the referral credit covers the 3 months completely.

This is a win-win for everybody. Dealers make their money so you don't make them work for nothing (they lose their commission if you cancel right away), and you're no worse off either way. This helps everybody in the future also. If everybody started to cancel right away, dealers might start to complain about the policies, which will possibly lead Koodo to changing their policies so nobody will be able to benefit in the future.

Just do it right... if you need a referral, just ask somebody to PM you and I'm sure you'll get some replies (since they get $50 credit too)... benefits everybody.
What? Did I miss something? This phone is available online only, no? So there is no dealer involved. If he's not getting a bill credit, he can cancel right away, and no one will get hurt.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3667 posts
625 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Ended up going with the G7 over the V30 based solely on screen brightness. I can barley see wife's G6 outside.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1486 posts
1595 upvotes
hyperactiveme wrote: Ended up going with the G7 over the V30 based solely on screen brightness. I can barley see wife's G6 outside.
the g7 is a better phone overall. Newer processor, better dual cameras in rear and better front facing camera.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3533 posts
272 upvotes
Richmond
Works out to be same $460 doing tab small. Tab small is safer and gives you more flexibility in case you want to switch to a cheaper plan in the future.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1320 posts
34 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Did anyone successfully bought and cancelled right away recently?
Thank you in advance for your help !
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1136 posts
1786 upvotes
M@rk wrote: Works out to be same $460 doing tab small. Tab small is safer and gives you more flexibility in case you want to switch to a cheaper plan in the future.
You can always pay off tab to switch plan to another tier.
May 8, 2015
183 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON
IKnowUSexy wrote: lg v30 or g7?
LG G7 is a better buy. It's a newer phone with better front facing and back cameras, a newer generation processor, and a headphone jack at the bottom instead of the top. The OLED screen on the V30 isn't nearly as nice as a Samsung panel, and their LCDs are probably some of the best of any manufacturer.

Also the G7 has a bigger screen.
Mar 7, 2013
134 posts
75 upvotes
Ontario
Anarchaotic wrote: LG G7 is a better buy. It's a newer phone with better front facing and back cameras, a newer generation processor, and a headphone jack at the bottom instead of the top. The OLED screen on the V30 isn't nearly as nice as a Samsung panel, and their LCDs are probably some of the best of any manufacturer.

Also the G7 has a bigger screen.
Yes, but the battery life is BAD vs good. All that is meaningless if your phone is dead.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13595 posts
3807 upvotes
VANCOUVER
redon2 wrote: Yes, but the battery life is BAD vs good. All that is meaningless if your phone is dead.
But is the difference that big? Per gsmarena, the rated battery life is 92hr vs 77hr.
[OP]
Dec 12, 2013
16 posts
18 upvotes
TORONTO
I ultimately went with the G7 upon reading of that deal (same price), and the biggest reason I went for it was the LED notification light which the V30 lacks. Sounds stupid, but that's a big feature for me.

I was worried about battery life too while reading all the popular reviews online, but then I realized those were all from May-June. Look into more recent reviews and it seems the battery life is good (not great, but certainly not mediocre). I read somewhere that an update was pushed out, and it seems like battery life was one of the benefits from it.

My G7 shipped out today. I'll post in this thread if there's anything super bad about it, but I'm optimistic for now.
Jul 4, 2018
505 posts
407 upvotes
Ive been waiting for a phone deal to just say shut up and take my money but when it comes up, like this v30/g7 there are so much negative things about them.

Maybe im hesistant because lg hasnt produced a quality phone since the g3 and this v30/g7 promo being $100 + tab M with $50 credit. Koodo needs to put the phone at Zero upfront with same perks and we can have a deal :p

DMPugh wrote: I ultimately went with the G7 upon reading of that deal (same price), and the biggest reason I went for it was the LED notification light which the V30 lacks. Sounds stupid, but that's a big feature for me.

I was worried about battery life too while reading all the popular reviews online, but then I realized those were all from May-June. Look into more recent reviews and it seems the battery life is good (not great, but certainly not mediocre). I read somewhere that an update was pushed out, and it seems like battery life was one of the benefits from it.

My G7 shipped out today. I'll post in this thread if there's anything super bad about it, but I'm optimistic for now.
Op is cold. Posts a said deal but ends up buying something else. Hahahaha
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2095 posts
1528 upvotes
Fredericton
Unresphek wrote: Op is cold. Posts a said deal but ends up buying something else. Hahahaha
Well it was posted here first but wasn't in the title so it got lost in the thread.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Mar 7, 2013
134 posts
75 upvotes
Ontario
Rogido wrote: But is the difference that big? Per gsmarena, the rated battery life is 92hr vs 77hr.
That's just under 20% more battery. Plus other review sites have given a larger offset with video playback, probably due to the LCD screen burning more power than the OLED.