• Jan 19th, 2021 2:22 am
Tags:
Jun 8, 2008
263 posts
91 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: Koodo not offering me anything
Fido offering me $45 for 11 gig. New activation

Might get $200 credit if done in stores. Gonna check it out asap
Do you have an update on this? Were you a Koodo customer when you got this offer?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2594 posts
2050 upvotes
Main & Hastings
iforgotmymeds wrote: Do you have an update on this? Were you a Koodo customer when you got this offer?
I have 2 accounts. 1 with fido and 1 with koodo. I logged into fido and saw the $45/11gb. So I took it

Buying a phone outright is so much better. You can bounce around for lower/better plans

I feel like I won't get a win back from Koodo.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1536 posts
899 upvotes
NOYB
Just curious I'm a former Koodo customer and I still have two sim cards that never been activated.

Should I keep them in case someone around me joins Koodo? Would they work? If not I'll toss them out
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms + Lucky Mobile + Public Mobile user* SPEND WISELY

Self banning from the PRC sub, after a member with civility was banned from it without reasonable cause since 11/09/2020
Nov 10, 2019
130 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sl___ wrote: Was offered a 10$ discount for a year -> 50$ / 12gb. Wasn't willing to offer me the 50$/9gb....
Maybe I should give it a shot. Right now I'm on 45/8GB. I saw the $50/9GB special but didn't think it was worth paying $5 more a month for just one additional gig of data. But to go from 8GB to 12GB for $5 a month that's not too shabby. Too bad it's only for 1 year.
Jul 27, 2014
577 posts
390 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just got off the phone with Loyalty. Got offered $100 device discount on top of the $100 bill credit they are offering on their website for Pixel 4a and a $35 3gb canadawide plan.

My old plan was $33/2gb from last year. I'm in Quebec.

Website offer:
Pixel 4a Tab Plus: $0 down, $20 tab/24 months ($480)
Pixel 4a Tab Mid: $120 down, $15 tab/24 months ($480)
$100 bill credit for taking Pixel 4a on $35/4gb plan

Loyalty offer:
Pixel 4a on Tab Mid
$120 upfront - $100 discount = $20 upfront
Tab mid - $15/24 months = $360
--------------------------------------------------------------
= $380 for Pixel 4a instead of $480 tab

Plan: $35 / 3gb (loyalty had to add it to my account so that I could select it online)

And the $100 bill credit as advertised on their website also applies.

In the end, the plan is not that great. I was on $33/2gb which I downgraded from $35/3gb maybe a year ago. So I'm actually paying $2 more/month for my plan now.

I will prob pay off my tab 3 months from now which should make me free to get a better deal around xmas/boxing day.

Also, if you are interested in other, more expensive phones, you can go on Tab Plus and get a $125 discount. But it's not possible with the Pixel 4a because it's already $0 upfront on Tab Plus.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1055 posts
1026 upvotes
Just changed my plan. I previously had $50/10GB ($35 plan plus $15/10GB add on). I'm hardly using any data right now and wanted to save a few bucks so I was offered $45/7GB. This plan is also eligible for all tabs which my old one wasn't.

On top of this I have 1000 LD mins and an ongoing $10/month credit. I was also offered $125 towards a new phone but I'm not looking for a new one right now.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2594 posts
2050 upvotes
Main & Hastings
I ported to fido from koodo. No call back yet. I called the # on the OP. It takes you to the main koodo contact. Is that suppose to me right?
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9554 posts
2828 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Terabithia wrote: Just curious I'm a former Koodo customer and I still have two sim cards that never been activated.

Should I keep them in case someone around me joins Koodo? Would they work? If not I'll toss them out
The last one I misplaced my Koodo SIM I thought I would have to pay $15 for the replacement as I had previously. The clerk said Koodo doesn’t charge $15 for a SIM anymore. :)

Then they told me that Koodo charges $15 for activation of a SIM, a fee they didn’t have before. :(
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1536 posts
899 upvotes
NOYB
MexiCanuck wrote: The last one I misplaced my Koodo SIM I thought I would have to pay $15 for the replacement as I had previously. The clerk said Koodo doesn’t charge $15 for a SIM anymore. :)

Then they told me that Koodo charges $15 for activation of a SIM, a fee they didn’t have before. :(
Yikes. Sounds like they want to ding you one way or another anyways. Confused Face

I'll just hang on to them as souvenirs
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms + Lucky Mobile + Public Mobile user* SPEND WISELY

Self banning from the PRC sub, after a member with civility was banned from it without reasonable cause since 11/09/2020
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2388 posts
154 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
MexiCanuck wrote: The last one I misplaced my Koodo SIM I thought I would have to pay $15 for the replacement as I had previously. The clerk said Koodo doesn’t charge $15 for a SIM anymore. :)

Can’t you just get the “free sim” then go home on your computer to change sim?

I know Fido and Rogers allow us to change sim on the “My account”
Mar 23, 2004
42602 posts
8604 upvotes
Markham
win-star wrote: Can’t you just get the “free sim” then go home on your computer to change sim?

I know Fido and Rogers allow us to change sim on the “My account”
Telus has the feature, but dont think Koodo does.
Oct 16, 2011
322 posts
226 upvotes
fearex wrote: Just got off the phone with Loyalty. Got offered $100 device discount on top of the $100 bill credit they are offering on their website for Pixel 4a and a $35 3gb canadawide plan.

My old plan was $33/2gb from last year. I'm in Quebec.

Website offer:
Pixel 4a Tab Plus: $0 down, $20 tab/24 months ($480)
Pixel 4a Tab Mid: $120 down, $15 tab/24 months ($480)
$100 bill credit for taking Pixel 4a on $35/4gb plan

Loyalty offer:
Pixel 4a on Tab Mid
$120 upfront - $100 discount = $20 upfront
Tab mid - $15/24 months = $360
--------------------------------------------------------------
= $380 for Pixel 4a instead of $480 tab

Plan: $35 / 3gb (loyalty had to add it to my account so that I could select it online)

And the $100 bill credit as advertised on their website also applies.

In the end, the plan is not that great. I was on $33/2gb which I downgraded from $35/3gb maybe a year ago. So I'm actually paying $2 more/month for my plan now.

I will prob pay off my tab 3 months from now which should make me free to get a better deal around xmas/boxing day.

Also, if you are interested in other, more expensive phones, you can go on Tab Plus and get a $125 discount. But it's not possible with the Pixel 4a because it's already $0 upfront on Tab Plus.
A couple of things here confuse me:

1) How are you getting a tab mid with a $35 base plan?

2) I was under the impression that you cannot pay off your tab early anymore, and that you have to wait 2 years before putting another device on your tab?
Jul 27, 2014
577 posts
390 upvotes
Montreal, QC
SillyRabbit wrote: A couple of things here confuse me:

1) How are you getting a tab mid with a $35 base plan?
They offered me a $35/3gb plan that is compatible with tab mid. Otherwise, (in Quebec) you can get $35/2gb plan which a standard plan on their website, which also qualifies for tab medium. I was previously on $33/2gb.
SillyRabbit wrote: 2) I was under the impression that you cannot pay off your tab early anymore, and that you have to wait 2 years before putting another device on your tab?
When I go to the "My Koodo Tab" page on Self Serve, and click the "Pay Tab Balance" button, it says "*Note: You can pay off your Tab balance once you've been with Koodo for 3 months, you've paid off your first bill, and you're not on the Spending Limit program."

I've been with Koodo for 6 or 7 years, maybe it's different for new customers? I'll attach a screenshot.
tab.png
$35 Tab Mid Quebec plans:
tab mid 35.png

Edit: Ok I read the fine print. Looks like I can pay off the Tab, but to get the full $160 Tab Bonus (discount from $540 to $380), I have to stay with Koodo for 24 months.

I guess I'll be sticking around a while longer loooool
tab bonus.png
Aug 3, 2008
54 posts
6 upvotes
Current Koodo plan is 35/3Gb. Talk to retention yesterday and the best they can do is adding another 2 Gb. So now it's 35/5Gb.
Sep 15, 2018
293 posts
50 upvotes
trimai wrote: Current Koodo plan is 35/3Gb. Talk to retention yesterday and the best they can do is adding another 2 Gb. So now it's 35/5Gb.
Is this permanent or only for a specific amount of months/years? Thanks.
Sep 13, 2006
34 posts
91 upvotes
Etobicoke
Just a fyi, lots of peeps are having success using the freedom 11g for 35$ targetting koodo/Telus customers as leverage when calling koodo. Check main forum. I was on the 6g 40$ offered me 5g extra at no additional cost. So it's 11g for 40$ now.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/10/09/free ... lus-koodo/

Hope this helps. Don't know when the freedom promo ends.
Mar 20, 2018
101 posts
76 upvotes
My wife and I are also on the PM Migration plan to Koodo $40/6GB plan. I scheduled a call back with Koodo and after initially speaking with the CSR then to their Loyalty department, they offered me $40/11GB. I took it. This was all in reference to Freedom Mobile's $35/11GB.
😎
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3226 posts
4387 upvotes
BC
mikea wrote: Just a fyi, lots of peeps are having success using the freedom 11g for 35$ targetting koodo/Telus customers as leverage when calling koodo. Check main forum. I was on the 6g 40$ offered me 5g extra at no additional cost. So it's 11g for 40$ now.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/10/09/free ... lus-koodo/

Hope this helps. Don't know when the freedom promo ends.
Thanks for the heads up! Koodo deals was dry for a moment but looks to be ramping up due to the competition. Just got off the phone with loyalty, was previously on $50/9gb and got:

$40/8gb + $0/5gb add-on for $40/13gb

The rep said that a requirement for this plan was to be with Koodo for 3+ years, said other ppl have called in and got $40/11gb or lower since they are newer. He mentioned there was a $45/8gb plan as well.

My second line was already $40/11gb ($25 t&t plan + $15/10gb add on + 1gb add-on) but he said since it was a no data plan he couldn't add the 5gb add on, only offered 5gb for 1gb or 10gb for 2gb. I declined.

I also mentioned that I wanted to upgrade my phone but I have an existing tab/tab bonus. He gave me this offer:

$125 off an upfront cost of an phone and also 80% tab waive (mine was currently at $130). In the past it's been one or the other He said if I waited till December I would have 100% tab wave since my tab balance would be under $110 (maybe their threshold?). I told him to leave a note for this offer as I wanted to wait for the new iPhone lineup.
Apr 10, 2020
260 posts
983 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: Thanks for the heads up! Koodo deals was dry for a moment but looks to be ramping up due to the competition. Just got off the phone with loyalty, was previously on $50/9gb and got:

$40/8gb + $0/5gb add-on for $40/13gb

The rep said that a requirement for this plan was to be with Koodo for 3+ years, said other ppl have called in and got $40/11gb or lower since they are newer. He mentioned there was a $45/8gb plan as well.

My second line was already $40/11gb ($25 t&t plan + $15/10gb add on + 1gb add-on) but he said since it was a no data plan he couldn't add the 5gb add on, only offered 5gb for 1gb or 10gb for 2gb. I declined.

I also mentioned that I wanted to upgrade my phone but I have an existing tab/tab bonus. He gave me this offer:

$125 off an upfront cost of an phone and also 80% tab waive (mine was currently at $130). In the past it's been one or the other He said if I waited till December I would have 100% tab wave since my tab balance would be under $110 (maybe their threshold?). I told him to leave a note for this offer as I wanted to wait for the new iPhone lineup.
Do you think anyone with around 1 year of service with Koodo be able to get the $40/11GB? I know someone in the other thread mentioned they managed to switch from the $50/9GB to this plan, but I'm not sure if this is possible.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3226 posts
4387 upvotes
BC
GeneralStore wrote: Do you think anyone with around 1 year of service with Koodo be able to get the $40/11GB? I know someone in the other thread mentioned they managed to switch from the $50/9GB to this plan, but I'm not sure if this is possible.
From what he said for 40/13gb it's 3 yr min, hes like "congratulations to qualify for the plan!". I think $40/11gb is attainable, make sure you're speaking to a "retentions supervisor" since front line CSR can't do much. If you don't get it, say no thank and try again tomorrow. Then maybe come back and say a coworker got $40/11gb.
Last edited by peakingduck on Oct 11th, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.