Dec 21, 2012
142 posts
116 upvotes
AALPROMO as stated on the text message seems to be an "Add-a-line promo"
Apr 13, 2015
252 posts
497 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
szzhangyp wrote: Just got this text from Koodo. Not sure what this is about yet.

DB51FBFC-F6B1-4B5C-839D-B8B024C1E903.jpeg
Just called, they said it's an offer to add new line and get $10 a month in credit. Didn't seem like a good deal so I said pass and took the free 4gb.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2009
1502 posts
270 upvotes
Surrey, BC
CanadianHummus wrote: Just called, they said it's an offer to add new line and get $10 a month in credit. Didn't seem like a good deal so I said pass and took the free 4gb.
4 free GB?
Nov 1, 2013
78 posts
69 upvotes
London ON
szzhangyp wrote: Just got this text from Koodo. Not sure what this is about yet.

DB51FBFC-F6B1-4B5C-839D-B8B024C1E903.jpeg
Add a line promo: any in market plan, get free 3GB promo plus $5 off for 24 months
Jul 2, 2018
68 posts
59 upvotes
CanadianHummus wrote: Just called, they said it's an offer to add new line and get $10 a month in credit. Didn't seem like a good deal so I said pass and took the free 4gb.
What do you mean by free 4gb? Are they giving a new one on top of the free 5gb we had a couple months ago? Thinking FaceBaby Angel
Aug 20, 2019
421 posts
269 upvotes
Edmonton
BabyBestfriend wrote: What do you mean by free 4gb? Are they giving a new one on top of the free 5gb we had a couple months ago? Thinking FaceBaby Angel
Nope. After the entire free 5GB Add-On craze in the end of October, after a few days they quickly changed it from 5GB to a 4GB Add-On. Any free 4GB Add-On currently is probably just referring to the same promotion from that time period.
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

"Works 60% of the time every time."
May 17, 2015
55 posts
10 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Good evening folks!

I was wondering if anyone knows what the cheapest rate plan + upfront cost for an IPhone XR is if I am adding a line to an existing Koodo line. Is there any bundle discounts / retention offers for this scenario?

Thank you
Oct 6, 2020
246 posts
458 upvotes
laidbackg wrote: Good evening folks!

I was wondering if anyone knows what the cheapest rate plan + upfront cost for an IPhone XR is if I am adding a line to an existing Koodo line. Is there any bundle discounts / retention offers for this scenario?

Thank you
Also would like to know...I am with Koodo as is my wife.....but my mom is also with koodo on a separate account.

Mom currently has $45 for 2GB (all she needs, she works from home)......but i'd like to update her phone to an XR as the old ip7 is giving her issues..

If I call Koodo on her behalf, what is the best deal I could get?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9253 posts
109 upvotes
GTA
just called and spoke with rep and got the 5gb add on. Been with Koodo for 5+ years. Just ask nicely.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1251 posts
533 upvotes
Canada
laidbackg wrote: Good evening folks!

Thank you
teedomo88 wrote: Also would like to know...I am with Koodo as is my wife.....but my mom is also with koodo on a separate account.

Mom currently has $45 for 2GB (all she needs, she works from home)......but i'd like to update her phone to an XR as the old ip7 is giving her issues..

If I call Koodo on her behalf, what is the best deal I could get?
Not a good time. I'm seeing $45/2GB lowest plan plus $720 +taxes total for the XR and $220 promo for a new line. I got it in 2019 for the $33/2GB plan +$10/m +$120 upfront. Log in your account to see what's available to you and wait til a promo season.
Sep 16, 2012
2 posts
1 upvote
EAST YORK
I was able to get my $60 for 12GB plan down to $55 a couple of weeks ago. The reps seem much more against providing discounts or loyalty credits.
Oct 6, 2020
246 posts
458 upvotes
I have about $100 left on an old tab, but the phone broke.
Was interested in a CPO iPhone 11 Pro on the website now..

Is koodo offering tab waiving or credits to upgrade?
Jan 15, 2009
53 posts
33 upvotes
Got an email last week saying they'll increase my grandfathered $20 talk and text plan by $5 next month! Called retention and they flat out said lowest plan is now $25, didn't give out an offer even after mentioning the $19 Freedom plan. Goodbye Koodo.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3504 posts
2164 upvotes
Edmonton
SkylineGTR35 wrote: Got an email last week saying they'll increase my grandfathered $20 talk and text plan by $5 next month! Called retention and they flat out said lowest plan is now $25, didn't give out an offer even after mentioning the $19 Freedom plan. Goodbye Koodo.
25% bill increase is ridiculous.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1724 posts
147 upvotes
I just signed up for a new koodo plan like less than 2 weeks ago and today I received an email saying that they are going to increase my service plan charge by an extra $5 wtf!

How the hell is this even legal? Gonna call them now to inquire about this.
Dec 12, 2018
96 posts
81 upvotes
Scheduled a callback today regarding the Lunar New Year plans. Was on the $50/4GB + $0/5GB promotion from not long ago. Mentioned the Virgin $50/10GB plan, was told that Koodo's were for new customers only. I was polite and he offered to see what he could do for me. Came back shortly and was given an additional $0/1GB add-on, so now I'm effectively equal to the $50/10GB plan they're currently offering.

Ain't much, but it's something.
Jan 15, 2009
53 posts
33 upvotes
wolf30 wrote: I just signed up for a new koodo plan like less than 2 weeks ago and today I received an email saying that they are going to increase my service plan charge by an extra $5 wtf!

How the hell is this even legal? Gonna call them now to inquire about this.
Hope you had better luck. I called twice and both times they made no efforts to save. Maybe they wanted to boot off all the low revenue accounts?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1724 posts
147 upvotes
SkylineGTR35 wrote: Hope you had better luck. I called twice and both times they made no efforts to save. Maybe they wanted to boot off all the low revenue accounts?
I called them yesterday and they said that was for my old grandfathered plan. Don't know why the sent me that email cause all it does is cause confusion. They said since I already migrated to this new plan then the $5 increase doesn't affect me. It looks like they are raising the prices by $5 for all old grandfathered accounts.
Oct 17, 2013
295 posts
150 upvotes
SkylineGTR35 wrote: Got an email last week saying they'll increase my grandfathered $20 talk and text plan by $5 next month! Called retention and they flat out said lowest plan is now $25, didn't give out an offer even after mentioning the $19 Freedom plan. Goodbye Koodo.
I got the same email and I was/am the same plan.... signed up with Public mobile earlier today...