[Koodo] The New Koodo Loyalty Plans Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 4:18 pm
Tags:
Dec 27, 2011
89 posts
5 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
cec4111 wrote: How do I get these deals as a new customer?
This is what I would like to know as well. Is there a minimum amount of wait time needed before being able to talk to retentions?
Aug 14, 2019
14 posts
5 upvotes
FPCPineapple wrote: This is what I would like to know as well. Is there a minimum amount of wait time needed before being able to talk to retentions?
If you're a newer customer (less than 6 months) you're more than likely not going to get this plan. I got my friend $60/12gb after 6? months of being with Koodo, I messaged them via Facebook for him and they were nice.. after 5 minutes got it. YMMV if you're new
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13001 posts
2396 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
FPCPineapple wrote: This is what I would like to know as well. Is there a minimum amount of wait time needed before being able to talk to retentions?
No there isnt. I'm a new cust and was able to land a $47/10GB plan + 1000 LD add-on within the first week. It's all in the negotiation skills and how you talk to people. It all comes down to... Do you believe what I'm sayin or not? If so, I get the deal... If not they say no and I try with a different rep until I get a yes. Some peeps are persistent, some are not. Point blank.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
643 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: No there isnt. I'm a new cust and was able to land a $47/10GB plan + 1000 LD add-on within the first week. It's all in the negotiation skills and how you talk to people. It all comes down to... Do you believe what I'm sayin or not? If so, I get the deal... If not they say no and I try with a different rep until I get a yes. Some peeps are persistent, some are not. Point blank.
Jul 4, 2017
512 posts
108 upvotes
fitzy7 wrote: I just went through this with the Manitoba plan. Everytime I talked to someone they would give me a hard time about it, they didn't downgrade my plan but also wouldn't help me. I finally decided to just temporarily change my address to a random Manitoba one, changed my plan to one allowed in Ontario, and now will change my address back. Hopefully no harm done. They asked about my Ontario number but I think it's pretty common these days to keep your original phone number when you move from Province to Province.
Any updates on this? I'm also on the Manitoba plan out of province, would love to get onto a better plan with Koodo
Mar 10, 2012
34 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Called in, previously had QC $56 for 8GB and have been with them for several years in BC.
Best offer they would give me is $55 for 8GB and $75 off my current tab balance. (other offer was $45 for 6GB)

What offers are other people getting right now? This seemed like a pretty weak offer but maybe that's par for the BC market right now.
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
643 upvotes
Vancouverite604 wrote: Called in, previously had QC $56 for 8GB and have been with them for several years in BC.
Best offer they would give me is $55 for 8GB and $75 off my current tab balance. (other offer was $45 for 6GB)

What offers are other people getting right now? This seemed like a pretty weak offer but maybe that's par for the BC market right now.
You getting a new phone or something?
Aug 26, 2019
103 posts
90 upvotes
The6ix
75 off your current tab? That's not bad at all imo. I would give them another call as I have $50/8 gb +3 bonus + tab small ($8 for a Galaxy S9).

I think negotiation skills are all it is.

Good luck!
Mar 10, 2012
34 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sgtalpowell wrote: You getting a new phone or something?
Yeah, was planning to.
OAlton wrote: 75 off your current tab? That's not bad at all imo. I would give them another call as I have $50/8 gb +3 bonus + tab small ($8 for a Galaxy S9).

I think negotiation skills are all it is.

Good luck!
Ok, doesn't sound too bad then. Thanks for the input!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1919 posts
1051 upvotes
I called in today and they're just offering me standard plans i see on the internet. I was hoping they'll offer something better as most of us are working from home and may need different plans.
Sep 13, 2017
17 posts
53 upvotes
I went through Facebook Messenger and asked about add a line promos. They offered 2gb bonus data plus $10 off for 12 mos on any added line. Ended up getting the $50 5gb plan with 2gb bonus (7gb total) for 47.50 after tax for the first year. Basically matches my $45 8gb public mobile migration plan from last year. Seems to be about as good as you can expect for moderate data usage.
Dec 13, 2015
136 posts
37 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
Are these plans for people who's contracts (or their tabs paid off rather), and they are month to month?
I've got 7 months left, so wondering what I can do?
Apr 12, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote

This straight up made me laugh. No incentive to switch, and after calling the best they could offer is $50 for 7GB.
Apr 3, 2007
597 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
Vancouverite604 wrote: Called in, previously had QC $56 for 8GB and have been with them for several years in BC.

I would also like to know this but for Ontario

On another note is the first page of this thread updated? I always look at the last edited post and it is from like 3 months ago....is that still valid?

Thanks for helping a noob to this thread lol