• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2023 8:32 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16823 posts
3339 upvotes
GTA
shutterbug wrote: It doesn't matter. The rep is lying or incompetent. There is no 5G for Koodo.
where did you get the idea there is 5G for koodo???????
Last edited by MrDisco on Jun 15th, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude
Dec 11, 2009
347 posts
293 upvotes
New Westminster
actng wrote:
Well you did say that the guy was calling from Telus/Koodo and he was offering 5G. Perhaps that was where his idea originated…
Last edited by MrDisco on Jun 15th, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16823 posts
3339 upvotes
GTA
derekmcl wrote: Well you did say that the guy was calling from Telus/Koodo and he was offering 5G. Perhaps that was where his idea originated…
yes he did call from telus/koodo.
if i said he called from koodo i would understand the confusion.
Aug 20, 2019
556 posts
532 upvotes
Edmonton
actng wrote: *
If the representative was offering you the 5G rate plans as you mentioned, on the Koodo network specifically then it can be understood why there's skepticism lol it's kinda fishy.

But if they offered you the 5G rate plans on the Telus network then that's more feasible.
Last edited by MrDisco on Jun 15th, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2248 upvotes
Canadia
I just did a Koodo hardware upgrade to an iPhone 13. Requested a callback to ask them to waive my remaining tab balance.

Went with an in-market $45/10GB plan and was able to get them to waive the remaining couple of months of my old $15 tab and tab bonus (saved me $59.58). Chose $0 down and $32/month tab plus (total commitment $768). I'll sell my iPhone 11 to getorchard.com for $388, so total net handset cost will be $380 + tax.

Not the best deal, not the worst.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5199 posts
8568 upvotes
BC
retrothing wrote: I just did a Koodo hardware upgrade to an iPhone 13. Requested a callback to ask them to waive my remaining tab balance.

Went with an in-market $45/10GB plan and was able to get them to waive the remaining couple of months of my old $15 tab and tab bonus (saved me $59.58). Chose $0 down and $32/month tab plus (total commitment $768). I'll sell my iPhone 11 to getorchard.com for $388, so total net handset cost will be $380 + tax.

Not the best deal, not the worst.
I've been out of the loop, did they not raise the mininum plans for tabs to $60? Looking on the site the in-market plan I see is $60/10gb, is your $45/10gb net of a $15/month credit?

I'm looking to upgrade to a 13 during BTS or Black Friday.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2248 upvotes
Canadia
peakingduck wrote: I've been out of the loop, did they not raise the mininum plans for tabs to $60? Looking on the site the in-market plan I see is $60/10gb, is your $45/10gb net of a $15/month credit?

I'm looking to upgrade to a 13 during BTS or Black Friday.
I'm an existing customer who was coming to the end of my 24 month tab. The upgrade plans in my account started at $45/10GB, they also had a decent $65/25GB offer. YMMV, but it's worth knowing what's available to others so you can ask for it.
Feb 6, 2007
717 posts
223 upvotes
I'm on $40 migration plan and recently paid off my tab. To avoid potential increases to my plan, I'm looking at getting a cheap tab for my kid but I see they now charge $10 shipping for the phone? Have done a couple phone upgrades in the past and it was always free shipping. Any way to get around the shipping, e.g. would it help to speak to an agent to try to waive it?
Jul 29, 2021
112 posts
80 upvotes
I'm on $35 - 4GB Plan with Koodo for BYOD. Does anyone have better offer?
Nov 29, 2019
38 posts
8 upvotes
British Columbia
BuyCar wrote: I'm on $35 - 4GB Plan with Koodo for BYOD. Does anyone have better offer?
Until recently I was on a $35/6GB plan with Koodo but needed significantly more data for uploading so moved elsewhere
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1365 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote: jesus for a 40 something year old you are pretty dense ?
Age related comments are cool around here?
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Walmart U.S. AT&T Group deal (kinda yay) + Freedom $19 plan for Nationwide calling 6gb data
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X3
Dec 8, 2008
335 posts
72 upvotes
On a loyalty plan from a couple years ago - Tab paid off on two old S10s.

Could someone give me a sense of options from Koodo for new devices? Should I be looking to switch again? Did the Rogers/Bell dance for a decade but I've been quite happy with Koodo for the last couple years.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5199 posts
8568 upvotes
BC
alfietopshelfie wrote: On a loyalty plan from a couple years ago - Tab paid off on two old S10s.

Could someone give me a sense of options from Koodo for new devices? Should I be looking to switch again? Did the Rogers/Bell dance for a decade but I've been quite happy with Koodo for the last couple years.
Best offers are always during Back to school/Black Friday/Boxing Day. I'd suggest waiting until then.
Jan 19, 2007
725 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
alfietopshelfie wrote: On a loyalty plan from a couple years ago - Tab paid off on two old S10s.

Same, my s10 is done now

45 for 10GB is the best i was offered recently for tab plus as the cheapest plan.

Then there is like 50 for 15gb and 55 for 20gb (i think?)

The rep accidentally offered me a migration plan as a retention plan. They end up not wanting to give it to me but i gave them a but of a hard time (long story) and am on a non eligible for tab $35 for 14gb plan. So thats very YMMV

Waiting for back to school on a better offer with or without koodo
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1929 posts
1067 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Currently have:
Line 1 - 2yo iPhone XR, no tab - $25 Talk & Text Plan with 1.5GB data add on for $4; total $29
Line 2 - 2yo iPhone XR, no tab - $25 Talk & Text Plan with 1.0GB data add on for $2; total $27

Plan is to upgrade phones this fall or next, but in the meantime we'd like about 2-5GB of data for under $35. Any deals out there?
Dec 26, 2008
473 posts
270 upvotes
Ottawa
I saw the plan available to me is
1: 45/month 10G. 4G lte speed
2: 45/month 12G. 4G speed (limited 100m/s)

But rep told me they are 4G lte and have the same speed. Only difference is the 2G data. Does anyone know if they are actually the same?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1663 posts
4265 upvotes
Pawtucket
Does anyone know if we do a hup online, will I lose my add ons? Tried searching and couldn't really find an answer.

I have the PM migration $35 for 5gb plus $0 5gb add on. I have a tab but it will be paid off soon. I would like do get a new phone but don't want to lose my add ons. Any insights would be appreciated.

TIA.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3075 posts
1360 upvotes
redboy69 wrote: Does anyone know if we do a hup online, will I lose my add ons? Tried searching and couldn't really find an answer.

I have the PM migration $35 for 5gb plus $0 5gb add on. I have a tab but it will be paid off soon. I would like do get a new phone but don't want to lose my add ons. Any insights would be appreciated.

TIA.
In my numerous interactions with them, you will lose the add ons unless the CSR can manually overide and add them on after. This is a YMMV and not advisable to proceed this way.

I'd call in and ensure the interaction is recorded so that if there are any discrepancies, you'll have something to fall back upon.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2442 posts
2540 upvotes
Toronto
Hah the Koodo winback CSR called me back after I ported out to Cityfone.
I was on the $40 6GB plan until they sneaked on the extra $5.

I politely told him to bugger off, as Koodo pissed me off on their sneaky tactics.
TBH, I'm so far pretty satisfied with the Cityfone, $36 6GB plan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)