[Koodo] The New Koodo Loyalty Plans Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 2:22 am
Tags:
Oct 13, 2008
730 posts
415 upvotes
Mississauga
I received the Koodo text today just as I was about to port my number to Rogers. I still went ahead with the port as Rogers is offering a better EPP deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3234 posts
4395 upvotes
BC
jadoogar wrote: I received the Koodo text today just as I was about to port my number to Rogers. I still went ahead with the port as Rogers is offering a better EPP deal.
What did Rogers offer you?
Jun 27, 2012
46 posts
27 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks! I just called n asked the rep to change my plan to 12 gb for 60. After 5 mintes on hold he changed my 10gb to 12gb + 1000 int mins for same amount of money. There is 1 time $10 charge.
I Didnt ask for retention.
Apr 1, 2012
175 posts
169 upvotes
Nova Scotia
redflagdeals111 wrote: Is anyone having any luck with any of these in NS? I don’t need 12gb, but I would love one of the $40-50 with 4-8gb plans mentioned in the thread.

East coast people?
scrowe89 wrote: Hmm. Guess I should contact Koodo. I've been with them for 3 years on my iPhone 7 I bought out right and brought to them, I'm paying $50 plus tax a month for 1gb and I think unlimited minutes. I never pay attention to this stuff Face With Tears Of Joy

I wanna stay at the same price monthly, so what plan should I be asking for that will be $50 a month? (or cheaper I guess if its an option to upgrade my plan while saving money lol ) I'm in Nova Scotia if that matters / changes plan options
I didn’t end up waiting to hear what others have got. I am in NS. First personI talked to only offered the plans in self serve. Went to loyalty. I am on 2gb and unlimited now for $45. I was very clear I didn’t want to pay more. They best he could offer was 6gb and unlimited for $50. He also mentioned that if I really want better to wait with fingers crossed for Black Friday.
Last edited by redflagdeals111 on Oct 18th, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2003
1264 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver
I just called from Vancouver and they said they didn't have any code for $50/8GB. This was retentions. Was anyone in BC able to get this today? She did offer me $60 for 12 gb, but i am looking for the $50 plan. thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1224 posts
546 upvotes
Max_Dealing wrote: You need a game plan before speaking with them. It’s like going to a car lot and asking for a car without a plan. You’ll get ran over by salesmen.

Koodo is extremely bad when it comes to honoring or even repeatability. One person will say yes next will say no.
Robelus is even worse though.
May 28, 2012
32 posts
178 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Ryu69 wrote: I just called from Vancouver and they said they didn't have any code for $50/8GB. This was retentions. Was anyone in BC able to get this today? She did offer me $60 for 12 gb, but i am looking for the $50 plan. thanks
I tried last week. They claimed no $50/8g, very rude. I bought a Virgin prepaid sim and leaving Koodo (VM $40/6g will active after 30 days).
Nov 13, 2017
379 posts
253 upvotes
Ryu69 wrote: I just called from Vancouver and they said they didn't have any code for $50/8GB. This was retentions. Was anyone in BC able to get this today? She did offer me $60 for 12 gb, but i am looking for the $50 plan. thanks
I got the $50 plan this morning by talking to loyalty. It was pretty easy for me because I can see $50/8GB , $55/10GB and $60/12GB plans are available via self service. The only thing is they are marked as “exclusive “ hardware upgrade plans. I simply mentioned to loyalty guy that I’m interested in taking the $50 plan but no need to get a new device at this point. He put me on hold for 5 minutes and told me he can apply it to my account without signing up a new phone. $10 service fee will be charged to next bill.
Oct 13, 2008
730 posts
415 upvotes
Mississauga
peakingduck wrote: What did Rogers offer you?
810 down for a 256gb pro max, 74.75 per month. Koodo was asking for 1300 plus down on the Medium tab, 500$ additional so decided to call it quits with Koodo.
Sep 29, 2009
550 posts
153 upvotes
I just got a text with the $50/8GB offer. I see it online if I pick a Tab Medium. Wouldn't mind the plan upgrade from my $48/5GB.

However I simply don't like any of the phones on offer. I want something small, powerful and developer-friendly. None of the options are all 3. (Pixel is too big for me, S10e & iPhone is too locked-down, the smallest phones are junk.) This is not really Koodo's fault though, more the industry :P
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1521 posts
1539 upvotes
DGSSSG wrote: I got the $50 plan this morning by talking to loyalty. It was pretty easy for me because I can see $50/8GB , $55/10GB and $60/12GB plans are available via self service. The only thing is they are marked as “exclusive “ hardware upgrade plans. I simply mentioned to loyalty guy that I’m interested in taking the $50 plan but no need to get a new device at this point. He put me on hold for 5 minutes and told me he can apply it to my account without signing up a new phone. $10 service fee will be charged to next bill.
I cant see anything in my Self Serve. What province is this?
Nov 13, 2017
379 posts
253 upvotes
Bubblegum86 wrote: I cant see anything in my Self Serve. What province is this?
I’m in BC. Seems like I’m one of the lucky guys and not so many people can get this plan in BC
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2133 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
queerasmoi wrote: I just got a text with the $50/8GB offer. I see it online if I pick a Tab Medium. Wouldn't mind the plan upgrade from my $48/5GB.

However I simply don't like any of the phones on offer. I want something small, powerful and developer-friendly. None of the options are all 3. (Pixel is too big for me, S10e & iPhone is too locked-down, the smallest phones are junk.) This is not really Koodo's fault though, more the industry :P
The s10e software is pretty similar to the pixel.
Sep 29, 2009
550 posts
153 upvotes
wwedx wrote: The s10e software is pretty similar to the pixel.
But it has a permanently locked bootloader, so not developer friendly.
Dec 18, 2016
173 posts
578 upvotes
Edmonton
Dethrone1 wrote: Can never get past the virtual assistant. Calling that number leads to a text from Koodo saying to visit their virtual assistant. The virtual assistant doesn't let me type anywhere and I can't request a callback.
clear cookies and try by connect by cellular data inle (turning off WiFi)
Koodo: Unlimited calling $40 for 10 gb + 1000 international minutes
Jan 7, 2013
45 posts
8 upvotes
BC
I was offered the $50 8gb last week. thanks to the OP I called in asking for the 8 gb plan and I ended up getting the $45 6gb unlimited and the $35 2gb unlimited plan. Those were more suited for me as i was looking to save more money. The loyalty person was really good and was trying to help me out with saving. He waived the $10 fee, i got to keep my multi line discount, 1000 minutes LD, and my 1gb for 24 months. my 3rd line has the $60 12gb. I didnt need to do a hardware upgrade either.
Sep 29, 2009
550 posts
153 upvotes
I got the offer but didn't want any of the phones. I was able to get the $50/8GB as an exception by asking on FB Messenger. Previously was on $48/5GB out of province plan. I wasn't able to bargain away the $10 fee though.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1822 posts
767 upvotes
Antarctica
queerasmoi wrote: I got the offer but didn't want any of the phones. I was able to get the $50/8GB as an exception by asking on FB Messenger. Previously was on $48/5GB out of province plan. I wasn't able to bargain away the $10 fee though.
i have a feeling fb messenger folks are more open to changes but their authentication link fails. Do you have you koodo number and real name linked to the fb account?
Sep 29, 2009
550 posts
153 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: i have a feeling fb messenger folks are more open to changes but their authentication link fails. Do you have you koodo number and real name linked to the fb account?
I do have my real name on my FB account. I don't know if I granted access to my phone number but I was already logged into my Koodo account in the mobile browser when I clicked the link, and I think it sniffed that and authenticated me.
Oct 18, 2013
562 posts
118 upvotes
Oshawa
Anyone have any luck getting these plans as a new customer? I’ve tried chatting with a rep but not having any luck.