Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Nexus 6P $504 with Tab Plus

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2016 2:12 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Member
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Koodo] Nexus 6P $504 with Tab Plus

With Tab Plus
$0 + $21/month for 24 month = $504.

Is it a good price for Nexus 6P?

Online only.
12 replies
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2012
729 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto
Better wait for $360 + $200 upfront deal.
Sr. Member
Jun 1, 2006
863 posts
259 upvotes
Mississauga
If you want to just buy outright and you shop at Newegg, this is an alternative.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... _-06032016

You get a $50 Newegg gift card and a free case. The phone is unlocked as well. Free shipping too. The only con is the part about North American warranty. I'm not sure if that means you have to send it to the US for repairs.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2006
8513 posts
3685 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
RobinHou wrote: With Tab Plus
$0 + $21/month for 24 month = $504.

Is it a good price for Nexus 6P?

Online only.
No it's not. You have to factor in the price difference from the base BYOD plan as well.
Sr. Member
Sep 4, 2014
654 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ToniCipriani wrote: No it's not. You have to factor in the price difference from the base BYOD plan as well.
Small trick with this, I believe you can sign up for a tab plus to get the phone cheaper and then simply pay it off and switch to Byod :)
There's nothing in the terms against this.
Sr. Member
Mar 4, 2009
773 posts
29 upvotes
j6n wrote: If you want to just buy outright and you shop at Newegg, this is an alternative.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... _-06032016

You get a $50 Newegg gift card and a free case. The phone is unlocked as well. Free shipping too. The only con is the part about North American warranty. I'm not sure if that means you have to send it to the US for repairs.
Does this work with canadian carriers?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 29, 2017
143 posts
51 upvotes
Dildo
jojothejoker wrote: Small trick with this, I believe you can sign up for a tab plus to get the phone cheaper and then simply pay it off and switch to Byod :)
There's nothing in the terms against this.
Small caveat is that you would end up paying the sales tax. Still would work out cheaper than 24x your BYOD discount, depending on which plan you have
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2006
8513 posts
3685 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
jojothejoker wrote: Small trick with this, I believe you can sign up for a tab plus to get the phone cheaper and then simply pay it off and switch to Byod :)
There's nothing in the terms against this.
Fair enough, but if you're doing that might as well buy it factory direct. Newegg has the 6P on daily deal today for $569 with a $50 gift card, and no credit check.

Unless it's significant savings I rather not deal with the carrier.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
16087 posts
4583 upvotes
Markham
imp wrote: Does this work with canadian carriers?
yes.
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Sr. Member
Sep 4, 2014
654 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CatharsisPonder wrote: Small caveat is that you would end up paying the sales tax. Still would work out cheaper than 24x your BYOD discount, depending on which plan you have
You end up paying the tax anyways now with Koodo. Because they charge you 21$ on top of your tab plus plan as such lets say your plan is 54$+21$=75$ on which you have to pay taxe . So either way you pay sales tax. :)
Member
Jan 26, 2010
494 posts
180 upvotes
Can somebody confirm the following price breakdown?
Nexus 6P Tab Plus = $21*24 months ($504)
Sim Card = $10
Plan on-hold = $15*3 months ($45)
Referral = -$25

Total of $534 before taxes

Am I missing something, or does that sound correct
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1370 upvotes
Studystand wrote: Can somebody confirm the following price breakdown?
Nexus 6P Tab Plus = $21*24 months ($504)
Sim Card = $10
Plan on-hold = $15*3 months ($45)
Referral = -$25

Total of $534 before taxes

Am I missing something, or does that sound correct
just cancel right away. Don't need 3 months..
[OP]
Member
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This offer is back but online only.
Not sure if I can get it in store then pay off the tab balance right away.
Newegg price increased to normal now.

Top