Cell Phones

Koodo with Nexus S or Virgin with Galaxy S?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2011 8:15 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
4 posts
Mississauga

Koodo with Nexus S or Virgin with Galaxy S?

I'm currently with virgin mobile and im interested in getting a smartphone, but also going for a cheaper plan. Both have plans for 40$/month with the Samsung Galaxy S (not s2) and Nexus S (at koodo).

Their plans are identical except koodo has voicemail and caller id as well.

Virgin puts 350$ on the supertab and koodo puts 150$ (and I pay 200 upfront)
I'm pretty sure that ill be tired of the phone in 3 years, and at 4$ a month going towards my tab, it just about covers the 150 (for either koodo or virgin mobile)

I don't know anyone with Koodo. Is it worth switching for the cheaper plan? Does their service compare to virgin mobile's? And is the nexus s that much better than the galaxy s?

Thanks
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2350 posts
209 upvotes
I honestly can't comment on the service providers themselves as I don't have any personal experiences with them. But in regards to the two phones, here are the extra features both phones have over each other:

Nexus S: LED flash, 3 axis gyro sensor
Galaxy S: Expandable microSD memory, Gorilla glass display, 720p HD video recording, face & smile detection photo capture, Bluetooth 3.0, richer/more video playback formats

If you don't take a lot of night shots, I say just go for the Galaxy S!

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ... hone2=3115
Dec 4, 2008
508 posts
59 upvotes
Montreal
tapanpatel88 wrote: I honestly can't comment on the service providers themselves as I don't have any personal experiences with them. But in regards to the two phones, here are the extra features both phones have over each other:

Nexus S: LED flash, 3 axis gyro sensor
Galaxy S: Expandable microSD memory, Gorilla glass display, 720p HD video recording, face & smile detection photo capture, Bluetooth 3.0, richer/more video playback formats

If you don't take a lot of night shots, I say just go for the Galaxy S!

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ... hone2=3115

Gotta consider updates too. The Nexus S would get updates far faster than the Galaxy S.
And the Galaxy S has known issues with getting a GPS lock.

Than being said to OP: both are good phones.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2003
2640 posts
18 upvotes
i googled the the same thing, i only went for nexus s cause it was unlock and available at best buy. still deciding which provider to go with.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10132 posts
1391 upvotes
Mississauga
what koodo plan are u talking about?
the $40 plan for the galaxy on Virgin is basically the $55 without the 1GB, it is 100mb instead.

The only plus side to koodo i find is the Anytime LD Can Min... but if u call less than 10 people then virgin will cover it with the 10 buddies.

TBH, i think the virgin plan beats out koodo, but it all depends on the phone... Only if we had the nexus s.... booerns

I see you are in Mississauga, if u dont mind driving to Oakville, Ill hook u up adn throw in some extras.... if u decide on the Galaxy S that is
Just PM me if you decide... The Galaxy S right now is a HOT item especially with the mybuddies40 plan available with the phone. I
got some of the last Galaxy S phones left in the region so PM me if you are interested and i can hold em for you
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 37-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)