Cell Phones

Koodo one time bill credit after porting out

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2018 8:42 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 19, 2007
73 posts
32 upvotes

Koodo one time bill credit after porting out

Hi there

I had a terminated account (<90 days) with Koodo that I reactivated and I ported my number from Fido. Offer was for a 0 $ pixel 2 on tab large with an additional 100 $ one time bill credit. for "existing" customers.
I got an email confirmation from Koodo about the credit and when I called in for something else, they also confirmed that it should appear on my next billing statement.

Fido called to win me back with huge incentives and I said yes and I am porting back my number to Fido.

My question is : will I get my 100 $ bill credit regardless if service is terminated meanwhile ? I know gift cards are not clawed back for new customers but what about the one time bill credit ? I understand I will have to pay all the remaining balance and any prorated fees.

Thanks in advance.
7 replies
Newbie
Jun 4, 2018
1 posts
Hey Lallous- out of curiosity what did fido offer you to win you back?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
You should absolutely get it. If you don't, make sure you call and ask them to put it back on. If they refuse, take it to the CCTS. You've got it in writing, there's nothing (I presume) in anything that you have that says you only get it if you stay for X amount of days. It's pretty open and shut.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
25481 posts
15310 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: You should absolutely get it. If you don't, make sure you call and ask them to put it back on. If they refuse, take it to the CCTS. You've got it in writing, there's nothing (I presume) in anything that you have that says you only get it if you stay for X amount of days. It's pretty open and shut.
Here is an excerpt from the refer a friend rules.

How do I qualify for a referral reward?
You must be a current Koodo Mobile customer with a postpaid account who does not have overdue bills. In order to qualify for rewards, your friend must keep their account active and in good standing for 90 days after activating with Koodo. If service is terminated within 90 days of activating, the value of the bill credit will be charged back to both your account and the account of the person you referred.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile $40/15GB, $35/20GB, lot less with rewards
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
will888 wrote: Here is an excerpt from the refer a friend rules.

How do I qualify for a referral reward?
You must be a current Koodo Mobile customer with a postpaid account who does not have overdue bills. In order to qualify for rewards, your friend must keep their account active and in good standing for 90 days after activating with Koodo. If service is terminated within 90 days of activating, the value of the bill credit will be charged back to both your account and the account of the person you referred.
Those rules are quite specifically for the refer a friend program, and *only* for the refer a friend program. "One time bill credits" that apply when purchasing a new phone wouldn't fall under the same rules.
[OP]
Newbie
Aug 19, 2007
73 posts
32 upvotes
paigealan wrote: Hey Lallous- out of curiosity what did fido offer you to win you back?
See my post in fido retentions thread
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-ret ... #p29406499
wearysky wrote: You should absolutely get it. If you don't, make sure you call and ask them to put it back on. If they refuse, take it to the CCTS. You've got it in writing, there's nothing (I presume) in anything that you have that says you only get it if you stay for X amount of days. It's pretty open and shut.
This is what I thought too. My next billing statement is end of June. Will know by then. Thanks for the reply.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
25481 posts
15310 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Those rules are quite specifically for the refer a friend program, and *only* for the refer a friend program. "One time bill credits" that apply when purchasing a new phone wouldn't fall under the same rules.
I thought in general that was their approach with clawback.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile $40/15GB, $35/20GB, lot less with rewards
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
will888 wrote: I thought in general that was their approach with clawback.
Nope. It's specifically only their policy for the refer-a-friend bonus. Any other credit or gift is subject to its own rules as stated at the time that it's given (or if not specified at the time that it's given, as specified in your contract).

Top