Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam

[Koodo] Pixel 5 for $0 on Tab Plus or Pixel 4a for $0 on Tab Mid

Saw this on Koodo, for those interested in the Pixel 5. It's already discounted! (didn't it just come out not long ago?)

This discount works if you go on Tab Plus or Tab Mid.

Thought it would be a good price for those that ARE using Koodo and are looking for a new phone.

Thanks SeanL57762, forgot about the free JBL headphones included with the offer. (For new activations only as of the morning of Nov. 18th :()

Edit: Sorry, PM migrants with the $40 plans will need the $45 plan to get this discount for the Pixel 5 (sadly, I'm in the same boat)

Edit: Pixel 4a is also nicely discounted for $0 on Tab Basic, which effectively makes the phone cost only $240 ($10 per month over 2 years)

UPDATE (11/19/2020): Pixel 4a on Tab Basic for $0 upfront is dead. The discounts now work only on Tab Mid / Plus.
Last edited by amyellow on Nov 19th, 2020 11:12 am, edited 9 times in total.
788 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2077 posts
1313 upvotes
Cambridge
Such a ridiculous price on every other tab or "Retail"
Apr 11, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
pretty good deal also include JBL bluetooth earphones for free
Oct 19, 2016
389 posts
136 upvotes
so the total cost is $480 spread out over 2 years? Am I understanding this right?
Mar 9, 2017
7 posts
17 upvotes
Alberta
The 4a is also $0 with the tab basic
Sep 4, 2015
272 posts
239 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Bought the phone outright with some Google credit I had to use before EOY.

Pretty happy with the phone and the battery life. Some people are saying there's arrived with a gap forming between glass and body so check and return ASAP if you notice it. Mine's green and it's in perfect shape with a 3d printed case.
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
SudburyMan wrote: so the total cost is $480 spread out over 2 years? Am I understanding this right?
Yes, over 2 years, if you choose tab plus.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1940 posts
436 upvotes
Lévis
What's the procedure to get this deal if you are not on Koodo and don't want to?
Pourquoi pas?
Sep 2, 2014
225 posts
283 upvotes
Vancouver
Helmer86 wrote: The 4a is also $0 with the tab basic
This seems like a hot deal to me, especially with the free earbuds. And also that it works for an upgrade, not only new activations.

I got a similar offer via text from the mobile shop, except with 100,000 PC points instead of the JBL buds. I haven't confirmed whether the promo works for upgrades, but if it does, I'll probably pick this up. $140 out the door for the 4a is great. (I'm aware that the $300 tab bonus will keep me locked into Koodo for another two years, but I'm quite happy with my plan and have no issue with that).
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
SPARTACVS wrote: What's the procedure to get this deal if you are not on Koodo and don't want to?
There isn't. If you try to get this deal and cancel right away after, you've gotta pay back the full Koodo Tab Bonus.

That's why I mentioned for those who ARE with Koodo. Winking Face
Nov 13, 2013
545 posts
425 upvotes
Quebec
amyellow wrote: There isn't. If you try to get this deal and cancel right away after, you've gotta pay back the full Koodo Tab Bonus.

That's why I mentioned for those who ARE with Koodo. Winking Face
Just need to switch to Koodo, no ?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
1685 posts
418 upvotes
Woodbridge
Thanks Op. Anyone know if this will work on those Public Mobile transition plans that are $40/month?
Sep 21, 2020
14 posts
13 upvotes
Canada
Walmart has a $150 GC for the new activation on Koodo Tab Plus ($20)
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
JP3ll3ti3r wrote: Just need to switch to Koodo, no ?
The guy said he didn't want to switch to Koodo lol.
Feb 22, 2015
397 posts
135 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone have experience coming from the 2 XL? I don't have much to complain about currently other than battery life being not so great on my 2 XL as well as it not feeling as "snappy" anymore. Is it a good enough upgrade?
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
SudburyMan wrote: How do you get the free headphones?
They'll probably mail it to you with the phone if you get it online.
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
Nobles wrote: Anyone have experience coming from the 2 XL? I don't have much to complain about currently other than battery life being not so great on my 2 XL as well as it not feeling as "snappy" anymore. Is it a good enough upgrade?
I had the 2XL and then the Pixel 3a. The 2XL has a pretty bad screen, so a Pixel 5 would be a nice upgrade with a better screen, smoother 90hz experience and pretty good battery life according to one of the earlier posts on this thread.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2077 posts
1313 upvotes
Cambridge
Nobles wrote: Anyone have experience coming from the 2 XL? I don't have much to complain about currently other than battery life being not so great on my 2 XL as well as it not feeling as "snappy" anymore. Is it a good enough upgrade?
People on Reddit that made that switch seem to be happy with the upgrade... check the pixel sub-reddit.. quite a few posts there.