Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] *Possible HOT deal YMMV* $39/month for 10gb data with unlimited talk & text [$25 talk & text plan + $14 add-on 10gb]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 11:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1376 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
kangarooz wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 9:27 pm

glad you got it too! btw you can easily flip this for 100 - 150 ish cash on BST or Kijiji

such a great deal, cheap plan with a free phone to flip ahahha
Word, thatnks again wife was paying $45 for 4gb with 1gb bonus that falls off after 24months. What crap. Now everyone is happy lol
Aug 20, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
So I want to try this. But I have out of province plans on both of my line's (45/8) I'm concerned that when I call in to change they'll tell me no and flag my account for review or something like that and I will lose my existing plan. Does anyone think that's cause for concern?

I got the text on both of my line's BTW...
Feb 27, 2013
8 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria
Migaloo wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 4:36 pm

Does it mean that you have to pay for the small tab for 2 years now and get a new 6s?
Yes, however, the phone had an offer for $120 credit over twelve months, and I can pay off the tab after 3 months. So the total will be $240 - $120 =$120 for the phone, excluding taxes, and I can flip the 6s for ~$200, meaning Im up $80 as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1376 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
McMadMac wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 9:40 pm
So I want to try this. But I have out of province plans on both of my line's (45/8) I'm concerned that when I call in to change they'll tell me no and flag my account for review or something like that and I will lose my existing plan. Does anyone think that's cause for concern?

Don't call in, do it through self serve by upgrading to a cheap $0 phone on small tab then it will ask you if you want to change plan, click yes. Then the$25 plan appears, select it and go through the check out. Wait until you are your plan has changed in your online account before texting back.
May 14, 2013
50 posts
29 upvotes
North York
airywl814 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 9:03 pm
Try log out and log back in.

For anyone who has 1000 minutes addon, it will be removed if you change the plan, mine got removed after I changed to the $25 plan.
Call in and have them add it back. They’ll be able to.

Changed my 2nd line recently online and lost the $0/2GB add-on. Called in to add it back (CSR got a manager to do it). You have to tell them you got it as a sign-up offer at the time of line activation and insist that it’s just an add-on and changing the base plan should not remove it.
Rogers Ignite 500 $35
Fido $15/3GB (50% off 24 months) + free tablet
Koodo $45/8GB | $45/4+2GB + 1000 int'l mins
- - -
Thanks RFD!
Oct 27, 2012
221 posts
61 upvotes
McMadMac wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 9:40 pm

Follow the Self-Serve method where you buy a new phone (CPO ones or Alcatel Flip 4) on Small Tab and when you do you can change your plan to the $25 one. After all that your plan should change immediately and you can reply to the text. This method is even better cuz most people seem to have the $120 bill credit offer on phones, making the new/CPO phone literally free and then some. I just did this method for both lines and I also had an out of province plan.
Feb 27, 2013
8 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria
speed_69 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 5:31 pm
Is your iphone 6s using your same old number? or different one because its a new activation?
Same number. My tab was paid off, so I just reactivated a new two year contract with a 6s.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1133 posts
175 upvotes
I can confirm that lyh_chnxm's method works perfectly.

Process:

1. Receive Koodo Promo text. If you did not receive an Add-On promo text from Koodo, you will not be able to get this.
2. Add a new phone to your current line. Pick one of the CPO phones that are offering a $120 Bill Credit on Tab Small. The Samsung Galaxy A5 is probably your best bet in terms of value.
3. At Check-out, switch your plan to the $25 Unlimited Talk and Text
4. Agree to pay off remaining Balance off any Tabs you currently have.
5. After the switch has been confirmed, go back and reply to your original promo text
6. Check your Self Serve Account and you should have the $25 plan listed along with 10 gb in Add On Data and your Koodo Tab should also be updated as well with whatever balance you now owe on it from the phone you bought.

Note: The $10 per month Bill credit for the year is not listed anywhere on the Self Serve, but I believe in the past when I have had credits on Koodo that they just get applied to your bill each month. Worst case scenario, you don't get the credit and can just consider selling the phone to offset the tab costs.
Last edited by stillmatic11 on Jul 20th, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2369 posts
2639 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 9:35 pm
why are you guys willing to downgrade the plan to $25 when you have $40 8gb plan? am I missing something?
More gigs and one dollar cheaper. The RFD way.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1908 posts
719 upvotes
stillmatic11 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 9:59 pm
I can confirm that lyh_chnxm's method works perfectly.

Process:

1. Receive Koodo Promo text
2. Add a new phone to your current line. Pick one of the CPO phones that are offering a $120 Bill Credit on Tab Small. The Samsung Galaxy A5 is probably your best bet in terms of value.
3. At Check-out, switch your plan to the $25 Unlimited Talk and Text
4. Agree to pay off remaining Balance off any Tabs you currently have.
5. After the switch has been confirmed, go back and reply to your original promo text
6. Check your Self Serve Account and you should have the $25 plan listed along with 10 gb in Add On Data and your Koodo Tab should also be updated as well with whatever balance you now owe on it from the phone you bought.

Note: The $10 per month Bill credit for the year is not listed anywhere on the Self Serve, but I believe in the past when I have had credits on Koodo that they just get applied to your bill each month. Worst case scenario, you don't get the credit and can just consider selling the phone to offset the tab costs.
What if you didn't get the promo text because you are on a out of province plan?

Can you do this method and then do the text after?
Dec 11, 2003
59 posts
Richmond Hill
When you order small tab and switch to $25 plan, is your existing line still working or you will need to wait for the new sim for your $25 plan. The reason I ask is I see the "KOODO LTE TRIO SIM" in the order. Does that mean the sim I currently have will cease to work after I switch the plan because the "new" plan is in the new sim?
-- J
Oct 25, 2011
33 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
schung796 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 9:43 pm
Call in and have them add it back. They’ll be able to.

Changed my 2nd line recently online and lost the $0/2GB add-on. Called in to add it back (CSR got a manager to do it). You have to tell them you got it as a sign-up offer at the time of line activation and insist that it’s just an add-on and changing the base plan should not remove it.
Thanks, I will schedule a call back.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1133 posts
175 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 10:01 pm
What if you didn't get the promo text because you are on a out of province plan?

Can you do this method and then do the text after?
You will not be able to get this without the promo text.
Feb 27, 2013
8 posts
2 upvotes
Victoria
redpiglet wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 10:02 pm
When you order small tab and switch to $25 plan, is your existing line still working or you will need to wait for the new sim for your $25 plan. The reason I ask is I see the "KOODO LTE TRIO SIM" in the order. Does that mean the sim I currently have will cease to work after I switch the plan because the "new" plan is in the new sim?
Your existing line and sim you're using will still work.