Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

*Possible HOT deal YMMV* $39/month for 10gb data with unlimited talk & text [$25 talk & text plan + $14 add-on 10gb]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 11:21 pm
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
ips1177 wrote: So I noticed Koodo has this deal on til. Sunday for Small Tab..not too shabby
Hmmm . Interesting in conjunction with $14/10GB Koodo data offer. I have both this plan, and offer on another plan.

Can one combine the two? This would make it awesome $39/10GB all-in-one plan..

Unknowns:

1) can this plan receive data offer?
2) can one downgrade your current plan (with data offer) to this plan? Would data offer survive downgrading?
3) Are this plan (and data offer) time unilimited, or for 1 - 2 years

TIA if anyone has experience either online or with an agent...
Nov 22, 2018
45 posts
42 upvotes
What is the correct process if you want to end up with unlimited CDN call and text and 10GIG for $39.00?

Do I switch my plan to BYOD for $25.00 unlimited CDN call and text with no data and then add on the data promo?

Or if I switch my plan to BYOD will I no longer be eligible for the data promo add on and then screw myself.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
wetpaint wrote: What is the correct process if you want to end up with unlimited CDN call and text and 10GIG for $39.00?

Do I switch my plan to BYOD for $25.00 unlimited CDN call and text with no data and then add on the data promo?

Or if I switch my plan to BYOD will I no longer be eligible for the data promo add on and then screw myself.
Good questions! Chime in anyone who already has experience please!
Nov 22, 2005
122 posts
41 upvotes
Markham
wetpaint wrote: What is the correct process if you want to end up w
ith unlimited CDN call and text and 10GIG for $39.00?

I would like to know too
Thank you everyone
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
Majokito wrote: I think they can, as can all carriers, but they aren't known to do so. Koodo probably has one of the better reputations when it comes to not raising prices.
True about the pricing. As I have come to learn, Koodo is ruthless with manipulating the terms for their tab. Because it is not written anywhere, they can and do make changes at will and without notice. This plan could lose the small team eligibility and you would not even know it.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
Enforcer22 wrote: Thanks OP! I had actually scheduled a call to Koodo earlier today before seeing this thread, and they wouldn't budge on my price. Then I saw this thread, attempted to change the plan myself to $25 BYOD, but self-serve wouldn't let me.

Scheduled another callback, told the rep I wanted to keep my $15 10GB addon and move to the $25 pay per use data unlimited calling plan that I saw on the website, and after a brief hold he verified he could do that! As well as keep my 3GB bonus promo and waive the $10 service fee. I probably lucked out

$40 + tax for 13GB unlimited text and calling across Canada. Completely satisfied, I was paying $55 + tax! Which was still great.
janjan12 wrote: It may be possible through an agent. However, they said my case was an exemption and may have closed the loophole. The process was almost an hour long.

Existing customer bought out tab to convert to BYOD.

Extreme YMMV.
Ok thanks .. at least two positive experiences downgrading... but the tab must be paid? Is not $25 plan also small tab?
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
will888 wrote: True about the pricing. As I have come to learn, Koodo is ruthless with manipulating the terms for their tab. Because it is not written anywhere, they can and do make changes at will and without notice. This plan could lose the small team eligibility and you would not even know it.
Would the risk be equal for this plan vs $40 plan. Also not clear if this plan's pricing is time restricted for 1-2 yrs or open-ended..
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1753 upvotes
Kingston, ON
I see a lot of comments on getting this 25 plan then adding this new $14/10gb add-on but as of now it seems like a mirage. If anyone can give a step-by-step on how to lock in the $25 plan + $14/10gb add-on to have unlimited talk n text and 10gb data for $39 total well we have ourselves a deal now don;t we. Looking fwd to any tips and tricks and loopholes...
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
2072 posts
440 upvotes
GTA
I thought the data add on was for select plans and targeted? So you could be on this plan without any data at the end of the day except for pay per use?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2835 posts
2772 upvotes
Ottawa
lg777 wrote: I thought the data add on was for select plans and targeted? So you could be on this plan without any data at the end of the day except for pay per use?
That definitely seems like the risk that people are worried about. I think in theory, what you'd do is 1) get the data add on (assuming you're eligible), then 2) downgrade your plan.

But like you said, sounds risky!
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Dec 27, 2006
197 posts
65 upvotes
chateauguay, Québec
which plans seem to be eligible for the data add-on?
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1263 upvotes
Got the add-on yesterday so now am paying $55 for 16GB. Talked to loyalty rep this morning about downgrading my base plan to the $25 but nogo, she said it was for BYOD and new activations only.

I think I'm going to cancel my 10GB add-on as I only use 2-3 GB on average and never come close to reaching my 6GB for $40. I'm also a bit weary that the $15 10GB add-on might expire after 2 years so will safely stick with the $40 6GB plan for as long as I can.
Last edited by HN12345 on Jul 19th, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2835 posts
2772 upvotes
Ottawa
highflying10 wrote: which plans seem to be eligible for the data add-on?
Not sure exactly (seems to be a lot of people who got the Public Mobile migration plans last fall), but you could probably read/follow this thread to find out:

koodo-add-4gb-10-10gb-14-ymmv-targeted-2299361/
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Dec 14, 2012
639 posts
840 upvotes
Ottawa
I pulled my trigger to open a new account to get the 25 small tab. I needed pick a phone to get the plan, as the 25 plan won't show up without a device purchase. I chose Samsung A70 for $240 down payment. I will see if I can get some data add-on after I active it. Even $10 2GB will work for me. If yes I will try to return the phone. If no data add-on available, I will just return everything and cancle it with its money bake garuantee.
I found some camping sites Bell/telus has a better connection than Rogers which I am with now. And koodo has device add-on promotion some time in a year which is also attractive to me.
Aug 30, 2012
191 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
It shows "Currently only available in store.Call your nearest store to see if it's in stock."
k.png
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7079 upvotes
West GTEH!
HN12345 wrote: Got the add-on yesterday so now am paying $55 for 16GB. Talked to loyalty rep this morning about downgrading my base plan to the $25 but nogo, she said it was for BYOD and new activations only.

I think I'm going to cancel my 10GB add-on as I only use 2-3 GB on average and never come close to reaching my 6GB for $40. I'm also a bit weary that the $15 10GB add-on might expire after 2 years so will safely stick with the $40 6GB plan for as long as I can.
Yes. Also have $40 plan. And have received the data add-on text msg offer, but have not accepted offer because I rarely come close to monthly limit. Better for me money is safe in my wallet.
😎
Dec 15, 2017
25 posts
46 upvotes
I was on the $40 6GB plan with Koodo, on a medium tab and switched to this $25 plan + 10GB add on!

I scheduled a callback and the agent switched me over to the $25 plan and then I replied to the text sent by Koodo for the additional data.

So now it's $39 for 10GB and I'm still on the medium tab :)

Thanks OP!
9108360B-5F65-48EF-B08B-DD828B347D47.png
Last edited by busybee124 on Jul 21st, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May 18, 2007
643 posts
98 upvotes
busybee124 wrote: I was on the $40 6GB plan with Koodo, on a medium tab and switched to this $25 plan + 10GB add on!

I scheduled a callback and the agent switched me over to the $25 plan and then I replied to the text sent by Koodo for the additional data.

So now it's $39 for 10GB and I'm still on the medium tab :)

Thanks OP!

Edit: the agent I dealt with was super nice so might be YMMV

9108360B-5F65-48EF-B08B-DD828B347D47.png
Don't think you would on a medium tab, Koodo already changed it, even a $40 8gb is now small tab eligible. You are still day dreaming. :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
will888 wrote: True about the pricing. As I have come to learn, Koodo is ruthless with manipulating the terms for their tab. Because it is not written anywhere, they can and do make changes at will and without notice. This plan could lose the small team eligibility and you would not even know it.
And fido has done the same thing over and over again. I used to have a fido smart plan which was mid tier, then they changed it to +10 +15 +25 and when they changed it, it was considered a +10 which low tier then no longer eligible on the following revision.
Last edited by EPcjay on Jul 19th, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)