Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

*Possible HOT deal YMMV* $39/month for 10gb data with unlimited talk & text [$25 talk & text plan + $14 add-on 10gb]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 11:21 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
pr3dat0r wrote: Don't think you would on a medium tab, Koodo already changed it, even a $40 8gb is now small tab eligible. You are still day dreaming. :)
It is medium. They did the same for me a few weeks back. You can’t renew it at medium but currently mine is 25+15 data + 15 tab.
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Dec 15, 2017
25 posts
46 upvotes
pr3dat0r wrote: Don't think you would on a medium tab, Koodo already changed it, even a $40 8gb is now small tab eligible. You are still day dreaming. :)
Not exactly sure what you mean but I am still on a medium tab.
D9529433-9EAE-4D7D-AB49-05B0D0EF13CE.jpeg
Apr 16, 2013
893 posts
1056 upvotes
Surrey (Metro Van)+1…
Overstep wrote: I found some camping sites Bell/telus has a better connection than Rogers which I am with now.
So you just found this out now? It's been a known fact for years and years that Bellus has a bigger, better, faster & robust network compared to Rogers. Having said that Rogers also has a Good Network compared to others
RFD for life
May 18, 2007
643 posts
98 upvotes
busybee124 wrote: Not exactly sure what you mean but I am still on a medium tab.

D9529433-9EAE-4D7D-AB49-05B0D0EF13CE.jpeg
Thats because you have a tab balance (medium), once you pay it off, then its gone. Just like mine, my plan is a tab medium, $50 6gb plan, but it still displayed Tab type as "Tab large", because I have a tab balance there, it was a tab large plan, I downgraded it to a tab medium plan.
Last edited by pr3dat0r on Jul 19th, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sep 23, 2018
924 posts
772 upvotes
Ottawa
noob here and new to Canada. Looking for BYOD. Plan says "Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes" but fine print says
"Unlimited local calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. For Canada-wide plan, unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday"

Confused that is it unlimited calling(incoming/outgoing across Canada) or is it during only a specified time frame?

Also how is the network? Which Carrier does Koodo ride on? I am in Ottawa area and mostly travel in Ontario.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2835 posts
2772 upvotes
Ottawa
ankysrulz wrote: noob here and new to Canada. Looking for BYOD. Plan says "Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes" but fine print says
"Unlimited local calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. For Canada-wide plan, unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday"

Confused that is it unlimited calling(incoming/outgoing across Canada) or is it during only a specified time frame?

Also how is the network? Which Carrier does Koodo ride on? I am in Ottawa area and mostly travel in Ontario.
I'm not sure what's going on with what they have in the terms, it's confusing for me too.

It's on the Telus network. I'm in Ottawa too and the signal's great here. I travel to remote/rural parts of the Mattawa area and Haliburton County and I can still get signal (though it can be spotty in the specific places I go). But I think I had the same kind of service in those places when I was on Rogers network last year too.
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
busybee124 wrote: Not exactly sure what you mean but I am still on a medium tab.
The confusion is that people think you're saying you have a medium tab plan, which you obviously don't. You're not even small tab eligible anymore. Once your current tab is paid off, you'll need to change plans if you want to upgrade.
Aug 25, 2008
925 posts
757 upvotes
Etobicoke
ankysrulz wrote: noob here and new to Canada. Looking for BYOD. Plan says "Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes" but fine print says

Not sure about your first question but the answer to your second is that Koodo is on the Telus/Bell network.
RFD deals:
Koodo $35 / 50 GB | PM $26 / 50 GB US/CAN | Koodo $40 / 100 GB
TCL 65R617 $625
Viewsonic VX3268 32 Inch 144Hz 1ms Monitor $280
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville

cappaj wrote: I'm not sure what's going on with what they have in the terms, it's confusing for me too.
You'll notice that "Unlimited local calling from blah blah blah" fine print is footnote #4. The only footnotes that apply to this plan are #1 and #2:

Sep 23, 2018
924 posts
772 upvotes
Ottawa
Another q:

Can I add this $10 data plan if I select BYOD? I dont see any add on option other than "$3per month
Gives you access to discounted international long distance rates for calls made from within Canada. See international rates."

My requirement is to have basic Canada Plan with data and have extra US calling added. I see that they have add on of 1000 minutes US calling for $10 but it does not show up as add if I select BYOD.
Feb 20, 2019
90 posts
73 upvotes
GVA, BC
awesome deal... you are the lucky ones
Koodo $40/mo 12GB - S20 FE CPO
Fido $55/mo 11GB - S20 FE + $300 WM Gift Card
Telus $60 300/300MBPS + $400 Bill Credits
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3487 upvotes
Victoria
busybee124 wrote: I was on the $40 6GB plan with Koodo, on a medium tab and switched to this $25 plan + 10GB add on!

I scheduled a callback and the agent switched me over to the $25 plan and then I replied to the text sent by Koodo for the additional data.

So now it's $39 for 10GB and I'm still on the medium tab :)

Thanks OP!

Edit: the agent I dealt with was super nice so might be YMMV

9108360B-5F65-48EF-B08B-DD828B347D47.png
So texting for the data after converting to the $25 plan works? That makes it seem like no harm no foul. I'm tempted. I'd save $1/month and get an extra 2gb's.
Feb 28, 2012
650 posts
526 upvotes
BC
zod wrote: So texting for the data after converting to the $25 plan works? That makes it seem like no harm no foul. I'm tempted. I'd save $1/month and get an extra 2gb's.
In the same boat as you.. I'd save $1/month but I'd gain 6gb. Let's do it!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
ankysrulz wrote: Another q:

Can I add this $10 data plan if I select BYOD? I dont see any add on option other than "$3per month
Gives you access to discounted international long distance rates for calls made from within Canada. See international rates."

My requirement is to have basic Canada Plan with data and have extra US calling added. I see that they have add on of 1000 minutes US calling for $10 but it does not show up as add if I select BYOD.
The $10 data add on is a targeted promotion for current customers. You won't get it as a new customer.
Which province are you in?
Dec 15, 2017
25 posts
46 upvotes
zod wrote: So texting for the data after converting to the $25 plan works? That makes it seem like no harm no foul. I'm tempted. I'd save $1/month and get an extra 2gb's.
Yea, it worked for me! I made sure with the rep several times before doing it
Nov 13, 2018
906 posts
2000 upvotes
I was able to get in this deal but only if I bought a new phone on tab small (not sure why, BYOD didn't work for me).

Purchased new iPhone 6S for $240 on tab minus a 50% promotion I had on my account for a while = $120

Selected $25 unlimited plan.

Went through the whole checkout process.

After confirming I'm on the $25 plan on a different device, texted the DATA to my text message, got the promo applied.

I only had the $14/6 offer so now I'm at $39 for 6gig.

Can confirm that texting the offer AFTER changing your plan does work. (Or at least did for me)
Feb 28, 2012
650 posts
526 upvotes
BC
mikebmt wrote: I was able to get in this deal but only if I bought a new phone on tab small (not sure why, BYOD didn't work for me).

Purchased new iPhone 6S for $240 on tab minus a 50% promotion I had on my account for a while = $120

After confirming I'm on the $25 plan on a different device, texted the DATA to my text message, got the promo applied.

Can confirm that texting the offer AFTER changing your plan does work. (Or at least did for me)
I just did the same thing! I had to get the 6s for $240 to be eligible for the $25 plan. Then I replied to the text and got the 10gb add on. Hopefully I can sell the 6s when it arrives.
Sep 22, 2018
174 posts
103 upvotes
Ajax
mikebmt wrote: I was able to get in this deal but only if I bought a new phone on tab small (not sure why, BYOD didn't work for me).

You texted the DATA to which number and from your new sim plan sim?