Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Pre-Owned Samsung Galaxy S10 ($336) & S10e ($216) on Large/Medium/Basic Tab

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 11:16 am
Sep 3, 2020
5 posts
coolzack wrote: Finally received phone, ordered on Sept 1.. looks good to me condition wise... Phone info app shows Zero battery cycle? Is it possible?
Any other suggestions to check it's good software wise and condition wise ?
For dead pixel I use RGB colors looks OK no dead pixel as well @seafish got one maybe just back luck..
Same here. 0 cycles on the battery, no visual defects or dead pixels. Virtually mint condition (s10)
Mar 11, 2019
870 posts
876 upvotes
I will mention 1 more thing when i called customer service the agent i spoke with had very poor english skill. I had to concentrate hard to parse through his words. I was a very unpleasant experience overall. The agent was never on my side and didnt care if i terminated my services with Koodoo. Thats always a last resort but i was really upset a premium Note phone didnt come with the pen and they were justifying that by saying i was lucky to get a charger. Overall i really love the phone now, but the customer service experience i did not love.
Jul 4, 2018
957 posts
823 upvotes
Didn't know this until now but samsung did not include L.E.D notification on the s10e. What a bummer!
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2370 posts
1445 upvotes
Vancouver
Unresphek wrote: Didn't know this until now but samsung did not include L.E.D notification on the s10e. What a bummer!
IIRC on my S10+ if you go in to notification settings and you can set either the camera flash to blink or set the screen to flash yellow if you get a notification.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Zaptor99 wrote: For people stuck on $40/8gb plans, I filed a ccts complaint (my 2nd one) and in less than a week I got a call from Koodo and they said there is no way to stay on that plan and get a phone, the system won't allow it since the plan has expired.

However, they offered to put me on a $40/6GB + 2GB permanant if I buy a phone that qualifies for Tab Basic.

I don't need a phone right now so he said to call him when I need to do it. It's not guaranteed the $40/6GB will still be valid by then, but he promised to do something similar.

This is not guaranteed and I don't know if it's wise to leave the $40/8gb plan, but if you really need a new phone, it's worth a try.

Sorry I can't share the guy's name or phone number, but maybe you can talk to a supervisor or retention and ask for such an offer.
It's too bad you couldn't just get them to put you on the plan, so you could by the phone at your own leisure, rather than have to start another dispute when you find a phone you can buy on basic (which is few and far between).

I wonder if I could talk them into doing anything about my $39/10gb plan. I bet I couldn't even talk them into letting me pay an extra $1 a month for 2gb's less.. haha.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
ATOMANTMAN wrote: I will mention 1 more thing when i called customer service the agent i spoke with had very poor english skill. I had to concentrate hard to parse through his words. I was a very unpleasant experience overall. The agent was never on my side and didnt care if i terminated my services with Koodoo. Thats always a last resort but i was really upset a premium Note phone didnt come with the pen and they were justifying that by saying i was lucky to get a charger. Overall i really love the phone now, but the customer service experience i did not love.
Why you didn't ask for exchange? Just tell you dont like the condition, that's it. They will send you new one and when it comes just send back the original. I think other people got the pen with CPO Note10?

Btw, got email that my S10 replacement is on its way
Jun 30, 2019
12 posts
I ordered my Samsung s10e on September 10th and I still have not received shipping confirmation.
Jul 4, 2018
957 posts
823 upvotes
So glad I've ordered the s10e instead of that curve screen booshit s10. It was definitely a difficult choice because the specs on the s10 was better and the amount of people ordering the s10 made me 2nd guess myself as well. But i couldnt stand the curve screen crap. No proper tempered glass for it. Finally i can pass down the s9. Lets hope this "refurb" s10e last awhile
Put some resphek on my name!
Nov 10, 2011
203 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Zaptor99 wrote: For people stuck on $40/8gb plans, I filed a ccts complaint (my 2nd one) and in less than a week I got a call from Koodo and they said there is no way to stay on that plan and get a phone, the system won't allow it since the plan has expired.

However, they offered to put me on a $40/6GB + 2GB permanant if I buy a phone that qualifies for Tab Basic.

I don't need a phone right now so he said to call him when I need to do it. It's not guaranteed the $40/6GB will still be valid by then, but he promised to do something similar.

This is not guaranteed and I don't know if it's wise to leave the $40/8gb plan, but if you really need a new phone, it's worth a try.

Sorry I can't share the guy's name or phone number, but maybe you can talk to a supervisor or retention and ask for such an offer.
was there a law/regulation that you cited on the ccts complaint you filed? i would like to do the same or speak to a CSR about it.

thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1479 posts
1645 upvotes
rkdkzx wrote: was there a law/regulation that you cited on the ccts complaint you filed? i would like to do the same or speak to a CSR about it.

thanks
I tried to word it as false advertising as Koodo states the minimum plan cost for each tab on their website, and even though my plan meets the tab basic requirement, they do not allow me to have a tab. But when I got the report from ccts, they categorized it as breach of contract.
Before you start, make sure you have your contract (download from self serve/profile), account info, screenshots of the tabs and the message you get when adding a phone. There is a timer on the submission form (15 or 20 mins)
Nov 10, 2011
203 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Zaptor99 wrote: I tried to word it as false advertising as Koodo states the minimum plan cost for each tab on their website, and even though my plan meets the tab basic requirement, they do not allow me to have a tab. But when I got the report from ccts, they categorized it as breach of contract.
Before you start, make sure you have your contract (download from self serve/profile), account info, screenshots of the tabs and the message you get when adding a phone. There is a timer on the submission form (15 or 20 mins)
awesome, thanks!
wish me luck lol
Dec 27, 2006
777 posts
194 upvotes
Today Koodo cancelled my order....no Phone S-10 E for $5 a month and plan cancelled. Sucks
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
seafish wrote: Just got a call from Koodo webstore regarding my exchange (I was going to call myself as their email communication is super slow). For some reason, they misunderstood my first email and were processing it as a return.
A super-nice guy assured that replacement is not a problem and will be processed same day and they will ship it to me, I'll just need to send the original phone back in the same box that will come pre-paid.
Update: Finally got a replacement phone. Everything perfect, like new condition, no dead pixels.
Jun 16, 2008
410 posts
213 upvotes
seafish wrote: Update: Finally got a replacement phone. Everything perfect, like new condition, no dead pixels.
I am seeing 1 stuck pixel on my S10e screen now. Its not there all the time but it is noticeable. Not sure if it is gonna get worse. Will start by emailing the webstore. Did they end up sending you another refurb even though they don't show any refurb's online?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
yugo wrote: I am seeing 1 stuck pixel on my S10e screen now. Its not there all the time but it is noticeable. Not sure if it is gonna get worse. Will start by emailing the webstore. Did they end up sending you another refurb even though they don't show any refurb's online?
Yes, I got the refurb. They probably allocate some stock for exchanges.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Interesting turn of events. After I bought my phone and got the first bill I chose the option to pay off the tab (you can pay the tab off early as long as you don't cancel the phone line). Usually that puts the tab balance on your next bill. I got this months bill and the monthly $9 tab charge is gone, but it didn't bill me for the tab either. My tab balance shows as zero.

I'm guessing it'll catch up next month, but I've never seen that before.