Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Pre-owned Samsung S9+ $480 on large tab (S9 $360 sold out)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2019 5:45 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1524 posts
2465 upvotes
Hell

[Koodo] Pre-owned Samsung S9+ $480 on large tab (S9 $360 sold out)

Bring on the downvotes because your time machines are broken but this is the present deal now:

Edit: Sold out: Pre-owned S9 : 0 down and $360 on medium tab OR $120 down with $240 on small tab
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/sams ... axy-s9-cpo

Pre-owned S9+ : 0 down and $480 on large tab OR $150 down and $360 on medium tab OR $270 down $240 on small tab
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/sams ... 9-plus-cpo
Last edited by dogdayafter12 on Mar 9th, 2019 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
174 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Its good if you don't need the accessories.

I would have ordered if Koodo had cancel my new order on the weekend. Instead it shipped so I have to wait. With the S8 promo from Best Buy, I could have had this preowned and a S8 for almost the same cost as the new S9.

Just a check but on another account I noted that I can't get this deal on a current line (only a new one). I wonder if it is still updating.
Last edited by thechampion116 on Mar 6th, 2019 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
this is not bad, not bad at all
Signature removed due to rule violation
May 7, 2007
521 posts
203 upvotes
Peterborough
I think S9 prices will drop further once the S10 enters the mainstream shortly
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2308 posts
2725 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
got the iphone 8 CPO already... should I return it for this? i'd prefer android anyways.
Aug 30, 2007
318 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
So do we get all accessories with the cpo phone?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
Sicklyslick wrote: got the iphone 8 CPO already... should I return it for this? i'd prefer android anyways.
Sell it
Pay off tab
??
Profit
Buy cpo s9
???
Profit
hated on but respected.
Banned
Apr 5, 2015
1281 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do these credit checks hurt credit rating? Always wanted to try the koodo loophole but seems like a lot of work but more importantly worried about credit rating. Can anyone clarify?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1406 posts
750 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
If the s9+ hits 0 on medium tab I'm buying it for sure. My s7 is still going strong, so I can easily wait and see what happens with its prices.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
2290 posts
1949 upvotes
futabasan wrote: Do these credit checks hurt credit rating? Always wanted to try the koodo loophole but seems like a lot of work but more importantly worried about credit rating. Can anyone clarify?
Yes, it is well documented here on this forum as well as various websites that opening up a new line will be a hard check on your credit.
There are also reports by RFD members who've had terrible experience where they cancelled and paid off their tab and thought that they were done with Koodo to find out months later that their accounts were put into collections for defaulting on payments because of Koodo's mistake. The accounts were corrected, but the damage to the credit score was already done and irreversible. There's always some degree of risk and disadvantage by using this method to get a cheaper phone. YYMV.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
^ same boat. Been kicking myself since the BF deal on the S9/+. Give it a few weeks, once the S10s are in the market, people are already trying to unload their S9/+s for much more than you can get from koodoo. Soon, there will be plenty of decently priced options. This is a good deal tho. Too bad no GC, lol!

Thanks OP.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Banned
Apr 5, 2015
1281 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ShinNoodles wrote: Yes, it is well documented here on this forum as well as various websites that opening up a new line will be a hard check on your credit.
There are also reports by RFD members who've had terrible experience where they cancelled and paid off their tab and thought that they were done with Koodo to find out months later that their accounts were put into collections for defaulting on payments because of Koodo's mistake. The accounts were corrected, but the damage to the credit score was already done and irreversible. There's always some degree of risk and disadvantage by using this method to get a cheaper phone. YYMV.
ok lol better not do this as I need good credit rating for mortgage soon. :O
Thanks, not worth saving $100-$200 over credit rating. Cheers!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1717 posts
717 upvotes
Markham
showing $100 down + 360 on medium tab for the s9 on both my account, too bad.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10922 posts
5458 upvotes
Toronto
Sicklyslick wrote: got the iphone 8 CPO already... should I return it for this? i'd prefer android anyways.
I personally prefer the S9 over the iphone 8, but that's just me. The battery life of my IP8 was ass. I'd still have it if it wasn't stolen off of me
Jan 13, 2019
12 posts
11 upvotes
could i return these preowned ones, if i am not happy with them within 30days?
Jul 25, 2009
208 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Can this be combined with porting over from Koodo amidst their 10$ increase on the 10GB/60 Plan? Realistically they deal applies to existing and new activations and I'm guessing customer service can just put the monthly tab on whatever plan you want/have.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lildevilx wrote: showing $100 down + 360 on medium tab for the s9 on both my account, too bad.
Did you take a look at small tab? It shows a higher medium (combined) price than small for me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)