Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo Prepaid plans - triple value Boosters

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 4:53 pm
Mar 11, 2018
186 posts
331 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
fun4life2 wrote: Thanks for the replies. That means PM is better than Kodoo both in price and features. Is the signal strength in Toronto comparable to Koodo? If yes, I will definitely jump ship.
They would be the same. Telus, Koodo, and Public Mobile are the same company.
Mar 11, 2018
186 posts
331 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
Bella125 wrote: Not everyone lives in downtown Toronto, Telus has much better coverage than PM.
They have the same coverage, Public Mobile uses Telus' towers.
Sep 2, 2007
769 posts
285 upvotes
Thanks OP got both minutes and data should be good for at least a year
Feb 5, 2007
889 posts
473 upvotes
Mississauga
Tempted to jump ship cause public addons are way cheaper but maybe not worth the hassle..
Sep 2, 2007
769 posts
285 upvotes
Bella125 wrote: $30 for 1800 minutes is a great deal, should last my son 2-3 years. Really don't understand how people who very seldom have an actual conversation get locked into paying $60-100 a month for a plan.
You are forgetting all the people who like watching movies, hockey games etc on a cell phone. Heaven knows why
Personally I prefer an 85" TV
Nov 21, 2007
560 posts
607 upvotes
The 1800 minutes Canada-wide talk ($30) is a good price. However, $30 for 3gigs data is pretty cold.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
billrush wrote: You are forgetting all the people who like watching movies, hockey games etc on a cell phone. Heaven knows why
Personally I prefer an 85" TV
...except I have trouble finding a carrying case for the 85" TV. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
If these addon prices are permanent, then we may have something here. Otherwise, PM is better, especially for people with the old $10 plan which still gets you LTE data. Koodo Prepaid does offer a viable alternative for US roaming for some people.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9134 posts
7079 upvotes
West GTEH!
SammyC wrote: Thanks OP.

I see that they've changed their plans too.

The 15$ one was text only, than became Text + 250Mo and is now Text + 100 min (no data). Just looked at PM plan, 15$ gets you 100 min AND 250 Mo data.

I have a bunch of unused Koodo add-ons, when that'll be over, I might change to PM.
Same here. Koodo prepaid is for my kid.
Bought the extra Canada wide minutes Add-on deal ( 1,000 minutes for $25) a few years ago and is still using it.
When the minutes expires, will have to see what's available. or maybe buy the 1,800 minutes for $30. or maybe PM $15 deal. Will have to see.

Kid is happy with Koodo reception wherever he is.
😎
Aug 30, 2020
93 posts
225 upvotes
Thanks OP. Great Deal. Added 300 minutes and 3GB data to my kids' prepaid plans. They don't use the minutes much but cheap enough to stock up. Data is not really cheap but it doesn't expire and they don't need a full monthly plan yet - as they mainly use WIFI and Shaw Open when they can.
Apr 9, 2017
176 posts
197 upvotes
ON
SammyC wrote: Thanks OP.

I see that they've changed their plans too.

The 15$ one was text only, than became Text + 250Mo and is now Text + 100 min (no data). Just looked at PM plan, 15$ gets you 100 min AND 250 Mo data.

I have a bunch of unused Koodo add-ons, when that'll be over, I might change to PM.
Weird, it still shows "$15 Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) and 250 MB of Data" for me.
Will my base plan change after this month then?
If so I rather not spend money on add-on and move to PM as well.
Feb 20, 2019
188 posts
735 upvotes
Montreal
Boboabc wrote: Weird, it still shows "$15 Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) and 250 MB of Data" for me.
Will my base plan change after this month then?
If so I rather not spend money on add-on and move to PM as well.
I didn't mean that current customer would have their plan changed, but the plan that you're currently on is not offered anymore to new clients...
May 2, 2019
723 posts
1866 upvotes
How I am understanding this is that you will need to pay a monthly base plan fee on top of the boosters that don’t expire?
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
haroldliang wrote: How I am understanding this is that you will need to pay a monthly base plan fee on top of the boosters that don’t expire?
That's exactly it.
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11955 posts
3699 upvotes
Kingston
If you also use your phone in the US and have modest requirements, Koodo really is a great deal to continue using your Cdn phone # down south. Their US Boosters are reasonably priced for modest use.

Added $30/1800 minutes and $30/3GB data which should be good for YEARS for me (with the 250MB/month free).
Aug 8, 2010
948 posts
803 upvotes
GTA
Is this better than Freedom's $14/mth for Unlimited Canada-wide calling and text?
I'm looking for a plan for my parents that don't need data,
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
JWL wrote: If you also use your phone in the US and have modest requirements, Koodo really is a great deal to continue using your Cdn phone # down south. Their US Boosters are reasonably priced for modest use.

Added $30/1800 minutes and $30/3GB data which should be good for YEARS for me (with the 250MB/month free).
I guess it depends on how often you go to the US. For most people, probably not much for the foreseeable future. For me, after awhile I just didn't want to keep paying the monthly $15 to keep the boosters alive. PM's $10 plan is a much better option for me, even if their US roaming options are a little less flexible.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
Public Mobile's data addon options cost more than Koodo Prepaid so low data usage users will definitely appreciate Koodo Prepaid's offerings more, since it rolls over infinitely (provided the account is active) until it is used up. Public Mobile charges $15/GB, Koodo Prepaid charges $30/3GB, so Public Mobile is $5/GB more expensive.

Has anyone noticed that one of the data addons show "1.5 GB MB of Canada-Wide Data"? :p
Apr 2, 2015
496 posts
423 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Inno wrote: I have a relative in thunder bay looking for a phone plan. Does Public Mobile have good reception there?
Yes, they use the Telus network.
Feb 5, 2007
889 posts
473 upvotes
Mississauga
Yea but the original price koodoo was more expensive. $30/1gb. I'm pretty sure Public mobile data options do roll over so $15/1gb Public and $30/1gb Koodo at original price