Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo Prepaid plans - triple value Boosters

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 4:53 pm
Aug 30, 2020
23 posts
70 upvotes
Thanks OP. Great Deal. Added 300 minutes and 3GB data to my kids' prepaid plans. They don't use the minutes much but cheap enough to stock up. Data is not really cheap but it doesn't expire and they don't need a full monthly plan yet - as they mainly use WIFI and Shaw Open when they can.
Apr 9, 2017
139 posts
150 upvotes
BC
SammyC wrote: Thanks OP.

I see that they've changed their plans too.

The 15$ one was text only, than became Text + 250Mo and is now Text + 100 min (no data). Just looked at PM plan, 15$ gets you 100 min AND 250 Mo data.

I have a bunch of unused Koodo add-ons, when that'll be over, I might change to PM.
Weird, it still shows "$15 Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) and 250 MB of Data" for me.
Will my base plan change after this month then?
If so I rather not spend money on add-on and move to PM as well.
Feb 20, 2019
104 posts
159 upvotes
Montreal
Boboabc wrote: Weird, it still shows "$15 Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) and 250 MB of Data" for me.
Will my base plan change after this month then?
If so I rather not spend money on add-on and move to PM as well.
I didn't mean that current customer would have their plan changed, but the plan that you're currently on is not offered anymore to new clients...
May 2, 2019
250 posts
262 upvotes
How I am understanding this is that you will need to pay a monthly base plan fee on top of the boosters that don’t expire?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13563 posts
3775 upvotes
VANCOUVER
haroldliang wrote: How I am understanding this is that you will need to pay a monthly base plan fee on top of the boosters that don’t expire?
That's exactly it.
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11130 posts
2544 upvotes
Kingston
If you also use your phone in the US and have modest requirements, Koodo really is a great deal to continue using your Cdn phone # down south. Their US Boosters are reasonably priced for modest use.

Added $30/1800 minutes and $30/3GB data which should be good for YEARS for me (with the 250MB/month free).
Aug 8, 2010
761 posts
577 upvotes
GTA
Is this better than Freedom's $14/mth for Unlimited Canada-wide calling and text?
I'm looking for a plan for my parents that don't need data,
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13563 posts
3775 upvotes
VANCOUVER
JWL wrote: If you also use your phone in the US and have modest requirements, Koodo really is a great deal to continue using your Cdn phone # down south. Their US Boosters are reasonably priced for modest use.

Added $30/1800 minutes and $30/3GB data which should be good for YEARS for me (with the 250MB/month free).
I guess it depends on how often you go to the US. For most people, probably not much for the foreseeable future. For me, after awhile I just didn't want to keep paying the monthly $15 to keep the boosters alive. PM's $10 plan is a much better option for me, even if their US roaming options are a little less flexible.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1960 posts
1396 upvotes
Public Mobile's data addon options cost more than Koodo Prepaid so low data usage users will definitely appreciate Koodo Prepaid's offerings more, since it rolls over infinitely (provided the account is active) until it is used up. Public Mobile charges $15/GB, Koodo Prepaid charges $30/3GB, so Public Mobile is $5/GB more expensive.

Has anyone noticed that one of the data addons show "1.5 GB MB of Canada-Wide Data"? :p
Apr 2, 2015
294 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Inno wrote: I have a relative in thunder bay looking for a phone plan. Does Public Mobile have good reception there?
Yes, they use the Telus network.
Feb 5, 2007
585 posts
209 upvotes
Mississauga
Yea but the original price koodoo was more expensive. $30/1gb. I'm pretty sure Public mobile data options do roll over so $15/1gb Public and $30/1gb Koodo at original price
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11130 posts
2544 upvotes
Kingston
Rogido wrote: I guess it depends on how often you go to the US. For most people, probably not much for the foreseeable future. For me, after awhile I just didn't want to keep paying the monthly $15 to keep the boosters alive. PM's $10 plan is a much better option for me, even if their US roaming options are a little less flexible.
I'm usually in the US for 3-4 months. PM's offering of $20/10 days of US Roaming would add up fast. As you implied it all depends on your individual circumstances. For most modest users PM's $13 plan (with autopay) is a better way to go normally.

Is your $10 plan still offered? Don't see it on their website.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3574 posts
3194 upvotes
Muskoka
Bella125 wrote: $30 for 1800 minutes is a great deal, should last my son 2-3 years. Really don't understand how people who very seldom have an actual conversation get locked into paying $60-100 a month for a plan.
Uh - Public Mobile talk 'booster' is 500 CdaWide mins for $5, regular price and you can stack them. You rarely need them as you also get 100min each month. Oh yeah, that's only for outgoing since unlimited incoming is already included.
Public Mobile
Jul 24, 2014
64 posts
15 upvotes
Westmount, QC
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Public Mobile's data addon options cost more than Koodo Prepaid so low data usage users will definitely appreciate Koodo Prepaid's offerings more, since it rolls over infinitely (provided the account is active) until it is used up. Public Mobile charges $15/GB, Koodo Prepaid charges $30/3GB, so Public Mobile is $5/GB more expensive.

Has anyone noticed that one of the data addons show "1.5 GB MB of Canada-Wide Data"? :p
But that's only because of the sale, otherwise koodo chargers 30$ for 1 gig. Public charges 15$ per gig. And their data addons roll over just like koodo.

Public also has more sales. Seems like ive been waiting for ever for a koodo sale. Im waiting for the holidays and then switching to public.
Mar 24, 2011
114 posts
74 upvotes
Shuswap-Revelstoke
Thanks OP. Topped up my account and my dad's.

One of these days I'll switch to PM, but this just put it off for another year or so.

Also, who downvoted this? Koodo's still a deal for low usage customers, even if Public's a little better.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)