Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo Prepaid plans - triple value Boosters

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 4:53 pm
Mar 24, 2011
114 posts
74 upvotes
Shuswap-Revelstoke
vermit25 wrote: Is this better than Freedom's $14/mth for Unlimited Canada-wide calling and text?
I'm looking for a plan for my parents that don't need data,
Probably not. I think Koodo and Public are good when you live outside of Freedom coverage. But doesn't Freedom have an even cheaper annual talk and text plan?
Oct 22, 2020
86 posts
11 upvotes
Omineca wrote: Probably not. I think Koodo and Public are good when you live outside of Freedom coverage. But doesn't Freedom have an even cheaper annual talk and text plan?
Good to know. Maybe I will go with Freedom.
Dec 5, 2010
103 posts
40 upvotes
Kitchener
Boboabc wrote: Weird, it still shows "$15 Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) and 250 MB of Data" for me.
Will my base plan change after this month then?
If so I rather not spend money on add-on and move to PM as well.

I have the $15 Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) plan., how did folks get the 250 MB of data? Did I miss a promo?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1827 posts
808 upvotes
London
dollar1 wrote: I have the $15 Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) plan., how did folks get the 250 MB of data? Did I miss a promo?
More than a year ago, Koodo changed the plan to include it.
There was a thread here.

It requires changing your base plan, which means you lose what remains of $15 in your current one.
For best value, change just prior to your 30 day renewal.
Jul 11, 2017
531 posts
605 upvotes
spots01 wrote: Uh - Public Mobile talk 'booster' is 500 CdaWide mins for $5, regular price and you can stack them. You rarely need them as you also get 100min each month. Oh yeah, that's only for outgoing since unlimited incoming is already included.
Don't live downtown, public mobile is useless to me
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4450 posts
1761 upvotes
GTA
Bella125 wrote: Don't live downtown, public mobile is useless to me
Public Mobile and Koodo share the same parent company and use the same towers.
Sep 3, 2017
123 posts
135 upvotes
Are you mixing this up with Freedom Mobile?

Public Mobile is owned by Telus. They use the same towers.
Jan 22, 2019
46 posts
43 upvotes
Hrrgh, now I have to decide whether to let my add-ons expire and make the switch to Public, or buy these and stay with Koodo another 2-3 years...

Thanks OP
Jan 15, 2010
102 posts
24 upvotes
Kirkland Lake
Inno wrote: I have a relative in thunder bay looking for a phone plan. Does Public Mobile have good reception there?
It's Telus network so it should be fine.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5769 posts
5372 upvotes
Inno wrote: I have a relative in thunder bay looking for a phone plan. Does Public Mobile have good reception there?
PM uses the Bellus network.

I can't comment on Thunder Bay specifically, but generally Bellus has the best network coverage in most of the country.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5769 posts
5372 upvotes
You've confused Freedom Mobile with Public Mobile.

PM is the tier 3 provider of Telus. It uses the Bellus network and has the exact same coverage.
Oct 22, 2020
86 posts
11 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote: Are you mixing this up with Freedom Mobile?

Public Mobile is owned by Telus. They use the same towers.
Good to know.
Jan 9, 2018
46 posts
102 upvotes
Is the Koodo booster data at LTE speed? I was looking at the Public Mobile $15 plan with 500mb of 3G, but the booster bonus makes Koodo interesting if it is LTE.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5769 posts
5372 upvotes
atvds1210 wrote: Is the Koodo booster data at LTE speed? I was looking at the Public Mobile $15 plan with 500mb of 3G, but the booster bonus makes Koodo interesting if it is LTE.
Koodo is at LTE speed.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1658 upvotes
Alberta
Full-speed LTE with Koodo.
Another differentiator - Koodo Prepaid has HD Voice, Telus disables it on PM. Matters, if calls are important to you.
No VoLTE on either.
atvds1210 wrote: Is the Koodo booster data at LTE speed? I was looking at the Public Mobile $15 plan with 500mb of 3G, but the booster bonus makes Koodo interesting if it is LTE.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)