• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2023 3:16 pm
[OP]
Feb 20, 2011
121 posts
41 upvotes

Koodo - Public Mobile Porting Deal Price Increase

Hello,

I'm part of the public mobile 40$ 6gb deal with 4gig additional for $0. This has been the same price for some time but then randomly koodo increase monthly price to 45$ now. Has anyone else had this experience. Are they allowed to increase plan prices whenever?

Thanks for your guidance
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
3054 posts
3432 upvotes
GTA
Have you recently paid off a phone tab. Koodo needed to wait for your phone contract to expire before raising your rate. Not random just delayed as many other Public Mobile porters had their prices increased last year.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
19305 posts
6585 upvotes
Toronto
3 of my relatives had their $40/6 + 5 GB free plans increased by $5 last spring. It's happened to many Koodo customers.

Yes, they can increase the price as long as they provide sufficient notice for the increase.

I was on the same PM migration plan but did not have a price increase because I had a phone tab that ends in June, 2023.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10983 posts
2794 upvotes
Victoria
I think this was common last year. My wife's line was on the 35/5gb deal (which I managed to tack on 5 extra gigs for free), but it was at the tail end of a tab, so it got missed when everyone got upgrades. The tab finished in september, so far it's flown under the radar. My own plan was the thing where I was on public mobile, but they offered me $14 for 10gb, so I changed my plan to the 25 unlimited but no data plan then added the addon. I got a notification they were going to raise my addon by $5, but it never happened (and that line was not a tab). I've since ported out my own line so I could get a good deal on a line and phone. Wife's line is still at $35, but I'll probably port it out of it goes up.
Apr 17, 2022
79 posts
79 upvotes
Reverse migration plan back to Public mobile>>Activate with the Lunar New Year promo $40/5gb+5gb and immediately schedule a plan on next renewal to the $40/15gb plan (or the $45/20gb plan) that are still available in self serve. Earn 3×points for 12 months (6pts=$6) net you have $34/15gb for the first year and net $38/15gb thereafter....
Aug 18, 2019
30 posts
21 upvotes
coffeybean wrote: Reverse migration plan back to Public mobile>>Activate with the Lunar New Year promo $40/5gb+5gb and immediately schedule a plan on next renewal to the $40/15gb plan (or the $45/20gb plan) that are still available in self serve. Earn 3×points for 12 months (6pts=$6) net you have $34/15gb for the first year and net $38/15gb thereafter....
Agree. That is better than Koodo.
Rogers Cable internet, Bell Mobility / Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5268 posts
6284 upvotes
I ported out all my accounts from Koodo because of the price increase last year. They didn't budge when I called in. Winback called me back after half a year, but I'm not interested in going back again.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol: