• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2017 8:01 pm
[OP]
Jan 13, 2009
311 posts
163 upvotes
Concrete Jungle

Koodo Referral $50 Promo loophole

So koodo is having a referral promo and I was wondering what if I have a friend open up a $30 BYOF and use my referral code.
Have them use my phone to activate the sim/acc and they would cancel after the first month?
The first month would be covered with the $50 credit and we both can have lunch on me! Unless Im missing something..
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2009
1308 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
People like you are the reason we can't have nice things. Username checks out. Also what you're missing is that the person you refer and yourself have to be with koodo for 90 days.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2009
311 posts
163 upvotes
Concrete Jungle
Bojangles416 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 11:08 am
People like you are the reason we can't have nice things. Username checks out. Also what you're missing is that the person you refer and yourself have to be with koodo for 90 days.
Figured there was more to it and if you're offended, I'm not even sorry.
This forum based on finding deals which sometimes come in the form of loopholes e.g 500pgs of retention strategies/ duplicate coupons / price matching expired sales
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2009
9189 posts
4954 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Referral credits are now the only thing Koodo can claw back on.

Some things worthy of mention. My last LG G4 Koodo line is now cancelled, but I'm still receiving referral credits off that line to my account (account is still active). Not complaining.

If you really want to maximize the loophole, look towards the Koodo home phone. $5 per month for 12 months on promo. If that eclipses with the $50 referral credits, you're coming out at a net win (more importantly also covering the service cost) after the 90 day haul. I wouldn't bother because for a landline-type service I'll go VoIP, but it's certainly a cool trick.
Bojangles416 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 11:08 am
We can all have nice things. We can all have QC cellphone numbers. We can all exploit loopholes. We can all get phones for cheaper than beer. We can all get generous amounts of data or overseas calling for cheaper than beer. There's certainly room for more in these games.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread