Koodo Referral Reward Payout

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2018 5:25 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes

Koodo Referral Reward Payout

I am sure many who frequent this site participated in the Public Mobile migration offer and/or took advantage of the $50 and $100 referral credits being offered in late February and early March. I am starting this thread to share experiences on whether people have started receiving payouts yet. Also, I am interested in whether people have done any number changes after having a referral verified but not paid out. It would be nice to know whether that nullifies the referral as they seem to match name, account number and phone number in the referral verification process.

In my case, my first verified referral was completed on March 9 with others following at various times in March and early April. So far, I haven't got any payouts. I know that officially, there is still some time to 8 weeks but not a whole lot. I have consulted with the referral department a couple of times but they are as friendly as a pit bull. It is it just FOMO on my part or others have similar experiences.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
102 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
I am not one of PM to Koodo migration.

But the bill credit usually arrives between 8 - 9 weeks after approval.
Approval is usually the next day after getting verifying status.

You need to chase Koodo for the approval if you sign up online and getting your SIM card too late to complete the referral within 30 days. Good luck.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
My referrals got approved mid-March (e-mails received).
Nothing landed on the account balances yet. Almost 6 weeks now.

I'm curious about the timing too, as I need to port-in one of my PM lines pretty soon (was not able to do it right then).

From what I read, a number change in the mean time, while waiting for the referral to land, does mess up the process,
but it does NOT completely disqualify you from obtaining the said referral. You just need to call in (or send an online form).
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
Tichi wrote: My referrals got approved mid-March (e-mails received).
Nothing landed on the account balances yet. Almost 6 weeks now.

I'm curious about the timing too, as I need to port-in one of my PM lines pretty soon (was not able to do it right then).

From what I read, a number change in the mean time, while waiting for the referral to land, does mess up the process,
but it does NOT completely disqualify you from obtaining the said referral. You just need to call in (or send an online form).
I would rather wait it out than to mess around with the folks in the refer a friend department.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
will888 wrote: I would rather wait it out than to mess around with the folks in the refer a friend department.
You may want to call Koodo to put a note on your file saying that you are waiting for the referral credit before porting your PM over. Just in case Koodo is doing something to the new migration line. You will have the note on file to back you up. Good luck.
Nov 29, 2013
113 posts
42 upvotes
Tichi wrote: From what I read, a number change in the mean time, while waiting for the referral to land, does mess up the process,
Do you have a source on that? (Edit: on the contact us page for referrafriend) I sorta lost track on who I gave referrals to so I'm thinking about possibly chasing down people for them at this point, to see if any of them picked up their referral credits.
Please give me a thumbs up if my answer helps!

Current Phones: Samsung Galaxy S5, Motorola G 3rd Gen, Huawei P9+, Essential PH-1
Current Plan: 8GB Koodo Promo Plan for $56, 50min/50txt Chatr Plan for $10
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2830 posts
989 upvotes
GTA
I ported over on March 21st from PM > Koodo. Used my friend for the 100 referral credit. I also referred 2 people at 25 each totaling $150 referral credits. Got email on April 18th; 150 credited to my account. all 150 was credited. Koodo owes me nothing.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
dnyc wrote: I ported over on March 21st from PM > Koodo. Used my friend for the 100 referral credit. I also referred 2 people at 25 each totaling $150 referral credits. Got email on April 18th; 150 credited to my account. all 150 was credited. Koodo owes me nothing.
So, you got your bill credit in 4 weeks which falls into the promised 4 to 8 weeks.
Dec 11, 2013
500 posts
420 upvotes
Richmond
I'm not part of the migration party but got self referral after 6 weeks.

Self referred and activated on Jan 31. Referring account got email Feb 13 with "please allow 8 weeks" and not sure when it got applied to that account. New account received email confirmation on March 15 that a credit would be applied that same day.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
bob5593 wrote: I'm not part of the migration party but got self referral after 6 weeks.

Self referred and activated on Jan 31. Referring account got email Feb 13 with "please allow 8 weeks" and not sure when it got applied to that account. New account received email confirmation on March 15 that a credit would be applied that same day.
The "Please allow 8 weeks" email is the approval email. It is about 4 - 5 weeks from approval to receive bill credit.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10325 upvotes
Toronto
Got a referral credit today for an account that was not part of the pm migration. The account was set up on March 21, referral completed on March 22, Rogers cell number ported over on March 30.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Got a referral credit today for an account that was not part of the pm migration. The account was set up on March 21, referral completed on March 22, Rogers cell number ported over on March 30.
So are you saying that you ported a number after the referral was verified but not paid and had no problems with getting payment?
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
will888 wrote: I would rather wait it out than to mess around with the folks in the refer a friend department.

Yeah, sure, me too. In any event, a Koodo line can be made self-sufficient financially by "churning" (C, local term? : ) ) a few cellphones per year .

E.g. $45-tax-in *12 - referrals <= ~$500, can be paid off by 3 cellphones or so :)
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Got a referral credit today for an account that was not part of the pm migration. The account was set up on March 21, referral completed on March 22, Rogers cell number ported over on March 30.
Have you actually received the referral money in your account balance, or it was just "approved"?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I think I received my credit last Monday.

I had two $50 referrrals. One for being referred to Koodo, and then once I was on Koodo, I send 1 referral to someone else.

I pretty much jumped onboard when the 5gb offer came out (early march) and sent the referral out a few weeks after that. So Early and Mid- March. It did take a while for the referrals to be approved.

The only reason i'm not 100% sure if the credit I got last monday is from the referrals is because I also bought an s8 the day before. The deal was pretty good, but a very few rare people got an extra $100 bill credit on top of the good deal. I never saw a bill credit on my receipts, but I thought maybe I fluked into it. it's probably doubtful i did and more than likely it's my referral credits.

It would be awesome if they put what the credit was for in the email.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10325 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote:
So are you saying that you ported a number after the referral was verified but not paid and had no problems with getting payment?
Yes. This leads me to conclude that the referral credit is tied to an account number rather than a phone number.
Tichi wrote: Have you actually received the referral money in your account balance, or it was just "approved"?
Yes, the credit was applied to the account this morning.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Yes. This leads me to conclude that the referral credit is tied to an account number rather than a phone number.
If you review your email, it tells you the bill credit coming in is for which phone number in your account. That is how Koodo is keeping the max $300 per year per phone number in your account. But all bill credits from different phone number will be going into the same account.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10325 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: If you review your email, it tells you the bill credit coming in is for which phone number in your account. That is how Koodo is keeping the max $300 per year per phone number in your account. But all bill credits from different phone number will be going into the same account.
What you are saying makes sense.

My original email says this when the referral is approved:

Congrats!

You've earned a bill credit because you completed your referral from Emily.

Now that you're a Koodo customer, you can earn more bill credits (up to a maximum of $300 per calendar year) by referring your friends and family to Koodo. Use this link and set up a new password to get started: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/

There is no mention of a phone number in the initial confirming email. The email saying that a credit had been applied to my account does state the account and phone number.

I only have one number on the account. The account was opened with a new number from koodo. Once everything was working with the new number, I ported in a Rogers number.

If koodo credits are based on phone number, their system must recognize the fact that the phone number used to claim the referral had been overwritten with a ported number.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
audit13 wrote: What you are saying makes sense.

My original email says this when the referral is approved:

Congrats!

You've earned a bill credit because you completed your referral from Emily.

Now that you're a Koodo customer, you can earn more bill credits (up to a maximum of $300 per calendar year) by referring your friends and family to Koodo. Use this link and set up a new password to get started: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/

There is no mention of a phone number in the initial confirming email. The email saying that a credit had been applied to my account does state the account and phone number.

I only have one number on the account. The account was opened with a new number from koodo. Once everything was working with the new number, I ported in a Rogers number.

If koodo credits are based on phone number, their system must recognize the fact that the phone number used to claim the referral had been overwritten with a ported number.
It could be because your account has one line which makes the phone number immaterial. When there is multiple numbers on one account, the tracking is more difficult. I sense when they cannot reconcile things, they just punt the reward to the denied bin.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Yes. This leads me to conclude that the referral credit is tied to an account number rather than a phone number.

Yes, the credit was applied to the account this morning.
Thanks! Hmmm... I wonder what takes it so long for PM->Koodo crowd...
Was ur referral $100? Or 50/25?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)