Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Retention/loyalty plan 3gb/35$ 4gb/40$ (QC)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2016 5:04 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 4, 2014
654 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Koodo] Retention/loyalty plan 3gb/35$ 4gb/40$ (QC)

Hey guys!

Juste called in to cancel my line with them and they offered me either 3gb/35$ or 4gb/40$ these are unlimited minutes, and text. These are permanent plans not a discount or something else that will go away. Not as good as 4gb/38$ with PM, that was what I was bargaining with. Those are pretty decent especially the 35$ one. Still I really like 12gb data for 3 months that I can use as I wish. Hope this can help others. Also I was active for 1 month only so anyone should be able to get this pretty much. Also just a quick note to get to this department you have to say you want to cancel and then they will put you on hold for 20-30mins in hope you will hangup or get discouraged but you'll get through eventually :)

Good luck!
Last edited by jojothejoker on Nov 23rd, 2016 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
One has been successfully changed BUT
Kevin81 wrote: Thanks!

I called Koodo just now (and im really disappointed they switched to an Indian call center i think, their reos ate always great in the past).

I told them i was about to cancel to switch to public mobile, and after checking things out and print me on hold for a while, i spoke to a supervisor who wanted to make me a good deal just for me because I've been with koodo sinceb 2008. Je initially tried to push me a 58$ plan with 8gigs, but since i don't need nearly that much i said i wanted something closer to my current price (34 unlimited Canada wide, 2gigs). He then just straight up offered to keep my existing plan and tack on an extra gig of data. He almost slipped up by saying 4 gigs, but i let it slide. I'm not greedy and 3gigs for 34 is good for me!
After 4PM 2 people have tried without success : the best offerings were
Gr4v1ty wrote: Didn't work out for me though...he couldn't offer me anything but 3gb for 39$
lymate wrote: [...] They offered 48/5GB. I am on a 40/2GB plan and have been a customer for a year.
ndompierre wrote: Same thing here, actually on 34$ for 2gb, they offered me 39$ for 3.5gb, also they proposed to help me to activate my sim card with PM. They seem to don't care much to lose client going to PM since PM seems owned by Telus like Koodo.
36 replies
May 30, 2015
654 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It could be the BF deal I was hoping for :)
Aug 14, 2009
400 posts
408 upvotes
BC
jojothejoker wrote: to get to this department you have to say you want to cancel and then they will put you on hold for 20-30mins in hope you will hangup or get discouraged
Let's hope that's not actually the motivation behind it, 'cuz if so that's SUPER sketchy. I thought Koodo wasn't like that..
Nov 9, 2013
525 posts
143 upvotes
Sorry, which plan were you quoting to get then to match?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5653 posts
3721 upvotes
does this one come with canada wide calling?
[OP]
Sep 4, 2014
654 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mech9t5 wrote: does this one come with canada wide calling?
Koodo only does canada-wide as far as I am concerned.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2148 posts
532 upvotes
Ottawa
if canada wide then it's hot, hopefully this is the black friday plan on fido QC!
Mar 12, 2013
99 posts
129 upvotes
Verdun
Thanks!

I called Koodo just now (and im really disappointed they switched to an Indian call center i think, their reos ate always great in the past).

I told them i was about to cancel to switch to public mobile, and after checking things out and print me on hold for a while, i spoke to a supervisor who wanted to make me a good deal just for me because I've been with koodo sinceb 2008. Je initially tried to push me a 58$ plan with 8gigs, but since i don't need nearly that much i said i wanted something closer to my current price (34 unlimited Canada wide, 2gigs). He then just straight up offered to keep my existing plan and tack on an extra gig of data. He almost slipped up by saying 4 gigs, but i let it slide. I'm not greedy and 3gigs for 34 is good for me!
Sep 28, 2007
243 posts
165 upvotes
Called Koodo in September and had no problem getting 2GB for $35 unlimited. 3GB would be amazing. Thanks OP!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1158 posts
336 upvotes
Hamilton
I think its time to hit up koodo retentions, in ontario i'm on $50 for 2gb/500min.
Aug 4, 2013
3 posts
Leask
Unfortunately for me, they did not offer anywhere near the plans above. I compared the 4gb $40 Public Mobile plan and also 1gb $36 zoomer wireless plan and the best they could come up with was 1gb for $40. They said that they have no way to offer the plans above and that if I wanted to cancel because I found a better deal then I should do so. Any help guys?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5653 posts
3721 upvotes
only good for QC anyway... did they close the loop hole for plan changes out of province?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1602 posts
452 upvotes
Canada
so anyone else able to get this in QC? or was this a one-shot deal??
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2539 posts
1046 upvotes
Quebec
How good is koodo service? i'm about to go buy one of their phone for the GF
Sep 11, 2008
744 posts
443 upvotes
Quebec
ratatapa wrote: How good is koodo service? i'm about to go buy one of their phone for the GF
Amazing! You can contact be with any question you have via PM!
[OP]
Sep 4, 2014
654 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ratatapa wrote: How good is koodo service? i'm about to go buy one of their phone for the GF
Its pretty great. I was sometimes called back by agents after they were unable to help me but got back to me after 1hr ish with answers and solutions. iPhone SE?