Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Samsung Galaxy A50 Preorder $0 on Medium Tab including free Galaxy Buds

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 10:49 am
Mar 24, 2015
262 posts
114 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
The A50 has caught my eye, for sure. The A50 SM-A505G 64GB 4GB RAM on amazon is 387 which is a fine price, obviously the buds are a bonus.
Feb 18, 2013
769 posts
755 upvotes
Victoria
m3rked wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 10:20 am
I was able to call into Koodo and got a 100 dollar hup credit (rep said they don't offer 200 anymore) but when I try order a phone online it won't let me use koodooffer as I already have a discount applied. Anyone else have this issue?
Can only choose one offer, can't stack them
Oct 30, 2014
48 posts
38 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
dam that sucks 2 weeks ago i was looking at the pixel 3a and you could stack offers
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12013 posts
2762 upvotes
VANCOUVER
peakingduck wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 11:37 am
Can only choose one offer, can't stack them
m3rked wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 2:32 pm
dam that sucks 2 weeks ago i was looking at the pixel 3a and you could stack offers
I think the rep should be able to make it happen. If they gave you a Hup credit, when you log on to your account, you'd see that all the upfront costs of the phones have been reduced. And the 12 x $10 bill credit should still be applicable. You're not stacking 2 promos...they are tweaking your account to reduce the upfront cost.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1374 posts
3292 upvotes
Pawtucket
swtyty wrote:
May 30th, 2019 11:46 am
A50/A70 terrible fingerprint sensor !
Frustrated experience.

+1.
The terribly unreliable and slow optical fingerprint sensor is a deal breaker. I went with the dual sim A30 instead with the traditional rear fingerprint sensor. Very happy with the decision.
Mar 7, 2011
148 posts
155 upvotes
Edmonton
redboy69 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 4:20 pm
+1.
The terribly unreliable and slow optical fingerprint sensor is a deal breaker. I went with the dual sim A30 instead with the traditional rear fingerprint sensor. Very happy with the decision.
People are saying it's better with the updates. Also it helps if you register the same finger 3x and register it the same angle you would open it naturally
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7227 posts
1679 upvotes
goofball wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 10:33 am
No, it isn't. A5 Pro has dual sim slot with microSD card slot.
Umidigi only uses A53 core processor, not A73 which has much higher performance per clock than A53.
Umidigi isn't AMOLED screen. Guaranteed it has a much worse screen, not just in technology but in actual performance.
Umidigi doesn't have 802.11ac , only 802.11b/g/n
Umidigi has BT 4.2, Samsung has 5.0
Umidigi is micro-USB, Samsung has USB-C
Umidigi is 10w charging, Samsung has 15w
Samsung has NFC, Umidigi does not.
Samsung has FM Radio (yes, this can come in handy, especially during disasters when LTE is essentially overloaded and unusable, and there is no power).
nice breakdown, course ur gonna pay 3x more for the samsung! i meant triple as in dual sims + microSD , not many phones have 'triple' slots
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Jun 3, 2007
414 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
redboy69 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 4:20 pm
+1.
Do you mind giving me a few impressions of the A30? Been looking to pick it up for the dual sim (for travel) and because my G4 is getting a little long in the tooth. How are the performance and pictures esp? Post or PM is fine. Thanks a bunch.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12027 posts
1525 upvotes
Kanata
mikka2017 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 9:13 pm
nice breakdown, course ur gonna pay 3x more for the samsung! i meant triple as in dual sims + microSD , not many phones have 'triple' slots
3x the price isn't as big as it sounds, it depends on what is important. We aren't talking about a $400 phone vs a $1200 phone. The Umidigi was around $120 or so but that doesn't include any real warranty. Even at 3x the price, and all the advantages the Samsung offers, the warranty may be an easy selling point to pay that 3x difference. I didn't even mention the camera difference, which I am making an assumption that the Samsung will be better.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1104 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
goofball wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 9:34 pm
3x the price isn't as big as it sounds, it depends on what is important. We aren't talking about a $400 phone vs a $1200 phone. The Umidigi was around $120 or so but that doesn't include any real warranty. Even at 3x the price, and all the advantages the Samsung offers, the warranty may be an easy selling point to pay that 3x difference. I didn't even mention the camera difference, which I am making an assumption that the Samsung will be better.
Just a random question, do people actually only buy phones for the camera quality or something? I feel like all the flagship phones since 2014 take good enough pictures. Someone such as myself I only use the camera for taking photos like less than once a month, or taking photos of documents or reminders or something. Is the slight difference in these cameras really worth the picking and choosing over?
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1374 posts
3292 upvotes
Pawtucket
Yzord wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 9:17 pm
Do you mind giving me a few impressions of the A30? Been looking to pick it up for the dual sim (for travel) and because my G4 is getting a little long in the tooth. How are the performance and pictures esp? Post or PM is fine. Thanks a bunch.
I've had it for a few weeks and it's pretty good overall. Normal usage is fine and apps take a little longer to open but still decent. Heavy graphic games do tend to struggle
slightly. Definitely not as fast as my Zenfone 5Z but that is expected.

Pros:
Very nice and bright Super AmoLED screen with always on display and minimal bezel
Triple sim slots for 2 sims and microsd card
Fast fingerprint sensor
Great battery life
Samsung One UI has little bloat running Android 9
Headphone Jack

Cons:
No NFC
Camera can be better
No LED notification light
Plastic body doesn't feel so premium
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18480 posts
6559 upvotes
Toronto
blackbirdman wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 9:40 pm
Just a random question, do people actually only buy phones for the camera quality or something? I feel like all the flagship phones since 2014 take good enough pictures. Someone such as myself I only use the camera for taking photos like less than once a month, or taking photos of documents or reminders or something. Is the slight difference in these cameras really worth the picking and choosing over?
You are right about camera and pretty much all aspects of the phone. That said, people buy for different features and have different expectations. Go by your own needs and wants, skip the hype.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1104 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
will888 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 10:04 pm
You are right about camera and pretty much all aspects of the phone. That said, people buy for different features and have different expectations. Go by your own needs and wants, skip the hype.
I just find it strange. Most of these people be like "X phone has the best camera so I'll have to get this one" or "X camera isn't as good as this one so it's not the better phone"

Meanwhile Half of them can't even tell the difference or even use the camera a lot..
😎Thanks RFD😎
Aug 24, 2018
129 posts
97 upvotes
Langley BC
kangarooz wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 11:30 pm
Has anyone been able to get the 12x$10 off credit by calling with the $45 8GB plan? I want to make sure before I call in (saves everyone time).
Did you try to see if you get it on a small tab? I think at $45 a month you should qualify without calling as long as you are getting the phone promo and not the $50+ promo.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)