925 upvotes
NB

[Koodo] Samsung S10e $480: $0 Tab L, $120 Tab M, $240 Tab S

Koodo has an okay deal on S10e, it works for upgrades too:
Retail price $1,125.00
Phone credit - 645.00
Tab Small discount - 240.00
Due now $240.00

Be warned, their "retail price" is inflated, and the $645 phone credit will turn into a pumpkin if you terminate early. It is more or less ok if you already have a good plan that is tab eligible and worth keeping for a couple of years.

Black Friday is coming though. There will be better deals.
"The things you own end up owning you..." (c)
148 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4207 posts
2645 upvotes
$645 early cancellation fine.
Dec 1, 2016
456 posts
339 upvotes
So much hate because you cant cheat the system anymore...

Thanks OP, checked my account but only had $240 + Small Tab.
WL1980 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 8:01 am
Mimimi go downvote some other thread
[OP]
Feb 25, 2015
765 posts
925 upvotes
NB
WL1980 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 8:01 am
Thanks to greedy churners who ruined it for everyone.
Jan 13, 2015
35 posts
22 upvotes
East York, ON
Aside from the ECF issues; this is a great phone. I have large hands and enjoy being able to one hand the phone. Camera is great, flat screen is nice. Well worth the $480 if you are with Koodo.
Dec 7, 2016
112 posts
72 upvotes
Why are people downvoting this? Is this not a good deal // will there be better on Black Friday?

I'm looking for a new phone cause my G5 is doing okayish and don't mind signing on to Koodo for it and keeping the phone.
Apr 9, 2016
94 posts
161 upvotes
Pretty good deal but not outstanding. The changes to the termination fee make Koodo generally less attractive for churning. The termination fee reduces monthly though, along with the tab balance, so something to factor in.
A year's free Amazon prime for new signups until the end of the month too.
Last edited by comsym on Oct 22nd, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19228 posts
4335 upvotes
Thornhill
RD274S wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 8:56 am
Why are people downvoting this? Is this not a good deal // will there be better on Black Friday?

I'm looking for a new phone cause my G5 is doing okayish and don't mind signing on to Koodo for it and keeping the phone.
Churners butthurt they can't abuse the system anymore.

I'm on a good Koodo plan, my tab is about to end so I'm looking to see what options there are. The new rule doesn't effect me too much but I won't say it'll be an amazing deal with the new phone pricing and plans. When the black Friday pricing comes up, the good people here at RFD will do their magic math and see what's a good deal and what's not.

Most of the haters weren't even planning to stick with koodo anyways.
[OP]
Feb 25, 2015
765 posts
925 upvotes
NB
RD274S wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 8:56 am

The problem is, their current plans suck, period.
There are people with excellent loyalty or migration plans who can benefit from this deal, but I would not recommend signing up on an in-market plan at the moment. If you are not in a rush, getting a prepaid Public mobile SIM now and betting on possible migration promo around Black Friday or boxing Day might be a better option.

Alternatively, the seniors plan with a Rogers subsidiary, forgot their name, is not bad either. They have pixels, IIRC.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2683 posts
739 upvotes
lol churners downvoting this good deal.

Koodo could advertise “great phone deals for our loyal customers” because that’s what it is, although the reason they have these additional fees is 100% BECAUSE of churners. The other carriers never had these churners-friendly policies so ignore the downvotes OP. the same device on Virgin is $975 on a similar plan, and you’d have to pay that off if you quit: this is $480 all in and staying with Koodo if you pay off the tab, you’re ready for the next good deal that comes along... those penalties will add up though so be sure you want to stay with them for two years, just like with any other carrier.
na na na na na na na na na NA.
May 11, 2007
801 posts
418 upvotes
Kitchener
Bubblegum86 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 8:38 am
So much hate because you cant cheat the system anymore...

Thanks OP, checked my account but only had $240 + Small Tab.

Mimimi go downvote some other thread
yes, people have made the habit of down voting any Koodo thread, after they closed that churning loophole.
Sep 23, 2012
20 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Not interested. They inflated the MSRP and making the phone discount so big. And scare people off.
Jun 18, 2012
43 posts
46 upvotes
MONTR
i checked my account and i have access to
120$ tab M
240$ tab S

i'm pretty happy whit my kodoo contract
  • unlimited call / text, in canada + 2gb data (34$+tax monltly)
i'm more than ready to switch to a new phone, but is that a good enough offer, or should i wait for november and black friday
i personaly dont care about camera
but the storage is a nice plus
and it seems to have a few cool features like qi charging
fingerprint reader is always nice
Nov 15, 2017
12 posts
13 upvotes
Just logged into my account and I see this deal (120$ Tab M) with 150$ bill credit over 6 months!

Was planning on waiting for BF deals, not sure anymore... What do you guys think ?
Jun 18, 2012
43 posts
46 upvotes
MONTR
Moxon04 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 9:41 am
Just logged into my account and I see this deal (120$ Tab M) with 150$ bill credit over 6 months!

Was planning on waiting for BF deals, not sure anymore... What do you guys think ?
oh whit the 150$ bill credit that makes this phone a 330$ offer doesnt it ? that seems pretty darn good
i might have to call in to see if i could get that bill credit