Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Samsung S8 64gb $300 - S8+ 64gb $400 - Both Tab Large

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2017 1:24 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham

[Koodo] Samsung S8 64gb $300 - S8+ 64gb $400 - Both Tab Large

Hey my first time posting a deal here.

S8 $300 64gb - savings $231
S8+ $400 64gb - savings $211

Both with $504 on tab - $21 monthly/ 24 months

Taxes not included in the price.

Edit: They are now giving free Happy Plug Earbuds, a value of $25

https://happyplugs.com/product/earbud-black
Last edited by myinglin0318 on Jul 20th, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
26 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
So it's 900 all in? What about tax?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
Taxes not included
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Apr 19, 2007
14 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
Looking for a S8 to use on Public Mobile and this seems like the perfect deal as Koodo and Public Mobile are on the same network so there shouldn't be a need to unlock the phone.
Can you cancel and pay off the tab immediately? If so, are you expected to pay for the first month of service or will there will a prorated credit?
Jul 31, 2016
642 posts
1275 upvotes
Whitby
To each their own, but if you're buying an Android, before you commit to this, ask yourself what you're getting with this that you can't get with a $300-$500 phone. Honestly. And this is not an attempt to put down anyone, maybe you've bought into the Samsung ecosystem, etc. Maybe the camera to you is very important (not sure if there are comparable cameras in a $300-$500 phone), etc.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
ajacian81 wrote: To each their own, but if you're buying an Android, before you commit to this, ask yourself what you're getting with this that you can't get with a $300-$500 phone. Honestly. And this is not an attempt to put down anyone, maybe you've bought into the Samsung ecosystem, etc. Maybe the camera to you is very important (not sure if there are comparable cameras in a $300-$500 phone), etc.
For Samsung vs other Android phones i feel they reign supreme in terms of having the best camera, amoled screen. Other then that other Android phones can match Samsung.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
this was 200 + large tab last month and wowmobile had a trade in deal for another $100 off so $600 + tax for the S8.
RFD effect pushed it price back up to 400 + large tab, now its 300 + large tab

I would just wait a bit until it goes back down to 200 again, after all technology prices can only go down when new products or competitor emerge
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
ajacian81 wrote: To each their own, but if you're buying an Android, before you commit to this, ask yourself what you're getting with this that you can't get with a $300-$500 phone. Honestly. And this is not an attempt to put down anyone, maybe you've bought into the Samsung ecosystem, etc. Maybe the camera to you is very important (not sure if there are comparable cameras in a $300-$500 phone), etc.
If your going to write something like this you should provide backup information. For $500 do you get a phone with same specs? Or simply a phone that can do the same thing? Why not buy Samsung? They currently seem to have the best screen and CPU. Googles pixel and apples 8 are said to have the same hardware and are not even on the market right now.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Jul 28, 2015
28 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
You can combine this with the current Samsung promo for the galaxy tab e on Samsung's website so definitely the best deal for the s8 yet.
Sep 17, 2012
165 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think you can get anything that has a nicer screen, camera and build quality for anything in the $300-$500 range. Also, If you're not in a rush... just wait a month or two for the note 8 to come out... prices of S8 and S8+ will probably drop significantly more by then but I could be wrong
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2357 posts
907 upvotes
I miss the days of the Nexus 5....
Apr 19, 2007
14 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
So read into these Tab deals a bit and since this promotion is from Koodo, does anyone know if Koodo would force a claw back on the promotion if cancelled in less than 90 days thus making the cancellation fee = Tab + Tab Promotion?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
JusRaza wrote: So read into these Tab deals a bit and since this promotion is from Koodo, does anyone know if Koodo would force a claw back on the promotion if cancelled in less than 90 days thus making the cancellation fee = Tab + Tab Promotion?
The promotion is called an activation credit (check the website) - it is not charged back. So after you cancel you only have to pay the Tab balance of $504 plus taxes. Of course, plus the $300 you already paid.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
dracolnyte wrote: this was 200 + large tab last month and wowmobile had a trade in deal for another $100 off so $600 + tax for the S8.
RFD effect pushed it price back up to 400 + large tab, now its 300 + large tab

I would just wait a bit until it goes back down to 200 again, after all technology prices can only go down when new products or competitor emerge
I mentioned this $300 deal in the expired thread for the $200 and trade in for 629 since I figured it wasn't much of a deal unless someone absolutely had to have an s8 right now. I agree it's better to try to wait until iphone 8 or black Friday for better deals
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
As a koodo customer already it appears they offer an additional $140 off the cost until end of this month bringing my costs closer to $160. Going to see if they will do a trade in credit for old phone as well..
Heatware
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
Max_Dealing wrote: As a koodo customer already it appears they offer an additional $140 off the cost until end of this month bringing my costs closer to $160. Going to see if they will do a trade in credit for old phone as well..
Where and how did you get the additional $140 off?
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
myinglin0318 wrote: Where and how did you get the additional $140 off?
LPG into your account and there is a pop up saying congratulations blah blah $140 off your next phone.
Heatware
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Only problem with those of us who got on the BYOB plan from New Years, is we'd forfeit $120 in savings., right now it's $90 as they took a good few months to even START applying the $10/month.

So we'd have to add that loss into the cost of the phone.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
Max_Dealing wrote: LPG into your account and there is a pop up saying congratulations blah blah $140 off your next phone.
Yeah but I didn't get a pop up so this offer this targeted.

They are now giving free Happy Plug Earbuds value of $25. I agree if you wait a month or 2 the S8 will drop in price but it's good deal for those who need a phone right now
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Nov 24, 2014
500 posts
476 upvotes
Quebec, QC
I hear you. The S8/S8+ is arguably the best Android phone you can buy right now and I understand some people really want the latest, cutting edge tech and are willing to pay a premium for it. However, like you said, most people could get around with a 300-500$ without feeling "outdated" at all. Sure, the display, premium feel and camera might not be as great as the newest phone, but is the difference really worth 500-600$? That's a valid point. When Fido had that sick trade-in deal towards the G6 in April, it was a no-brainer for me to grab the G6 for roughly 400$ instead of spending over 1000$ (back then) for a marginal upgrade with the S8.

I also find it funny when I read reviewers bashing previous gen phones, even though new models are mostly incremental upgrades. I saw many review sites crushing the G6 for having the Snapdragon 821 instead of the newest SD835 in the Samsung S8, like it's some kind of awful CPU. Sure the SD835 is snappier and a bit better on battery life, but it's not like it makes a huge difference.