• Feb 27th, 2019 10:19 am
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 3, 2005
673 posts
34 upvotes

KOODO Tab Large Plans...

Hello Everyone,
I know most of us on RFD who are with Koodo either have tab medium or small..
I recently switched 4 lines to Koodo and managed to get $60 10Gb Plan on tab Medium.

I was wondering if I can switch one of my lines to tab large. Because right now I have an offer for $200 Bill credit if I switch to Tab Large....
To get offers like those and sometime to get phones which are easy to buy on TAB L or XL or XXL …

Just want to know what plans you guys have so next time i'm talking to Loyality Department I know what i'm looking for …

THanks for taking time to read and replying.,
5 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12091 posts
10999 upvotes
You need a $75 plan in order to get a large tab.
Since you have 4 lines, your bargaining power is high. Ask Koodo whether you can pay down the new phone tab with the bill credit.

If you already have the $200 bill credit on your account, you can pay $120 down to get a medium tab. The $120 down will be paid by the bill credit already in your account.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19644 posts
7761 upvotes
Toronto
Personally I see the larger tab plans as nothing more than a cash grab to have customers "prepay" every month for that future expensive phone purchase. At least this is the case for ON. Some markets like QC offer the same features on many tab sizes. If that option exists, get the largest tab possible without additional cost. The medium tab is sort of a sweet spot for plan pricing and hardware options. Many times, hardware that is medium tab eligible will also work with small tab, but you need to pay $120 up front which makes the overall hardware cost the same.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1174 posts
494 upvotes
Canada
DjSingh wrote: Hello Everyone,
I know most of us on RFD who are with Koodo either have tab medium or small..
I recently switched 4 lines to Koodo and managed to get $60 10Gb Plan on tab Medium.

I was wondering if I can switch one of my lines to tab large. Because right now I have an offer for $200 Bill credit if I switch to Tab Large....
To get offers like those and sometime to get phones which are easy to buy on TAB L or XL or XXL …

Just want to know what plans you guys have so next time i'm talking to Loyality Department I know what i'm looking for …

THanks for taking time to read and replying.,
In Ontario, tab large plans is $83/m minimum, which is about $623 more than your existing plan over 2 years. A phone on tab large is usually $30 +tax less than on medium. Koodo would have to give me way more than $650 in bill credits before I'd think about switching, never mind $200.
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
Damn i did not know ON has such outrageous plan. In QC, you have the same rate plan as BYOD, just add the tab amount on top. What i have right now is Tab L $69/8Gb tab amount included.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19644 posts
7761 upvotes
Toronto
vicktnguyen wrote: Damn i did not know ON has such outrageous plan. In QC, you have the same rate plan as BYOD, just add the tab amount on top. What i have right now is Tab L $69/8Gb tab amount included.
In QC, the size of the tab is pretty much determined by how much credit Koodo is willing to provide. For ON, AB, BC, there is a monthly fee for having a larger tab which is totally bad value. Koodo should realize that this pricing scheme causes unintended consequences where people will get a plan for 2 days and cancel it once they get a phone.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank