Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:47 pm

Poll: Did you transfer to Koodo?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
1) Yes

68%
2) No

32%

Poll ended at Apr 7th, 2018 8:42 pm

Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1428 posts
769 upvotes
Headbeancounter wrote: Aren't people worried that Koodo may do an audit and cancel the 2nd line using the same validation code or jack up the price?
They cant "jack up price" without 30 days notice
Then up to you if cancel or not

In 99% of the time, cancelling works out well
(activate 2 lines, get bill credits on each line, cancel 2nd line, so all bill credits now apply to 1st line
I do not see the downside here?)
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Dec 27, 2017
269 posts
82 upvotes
NixxonExxo wrote: If your mom qualifies then convince her mom to switch because this is a great plan. Then she can add another line with the same $40/6gb plan. You can choose to add a new number or port over your existing number. There is no contract so after a couple of months you can split the account under your name. Be quick because there is only 3 days left.
Wait a minute... so I can add a second line with Koodo on the same plan?

I just switched over yesterday. I have my wife on older Fido plan @ $29/mo for 450 weekday mins and 600MB data. That's not a whole lot of data, but she rarely goes over it being on wifi during the day and on my hotspot when we're out together. But unlimited minutes and 6GB of data for extra $11/mo sounds appealing. Especially, since Fido changed its overage fees to $5 per extra 100MB. But getting a nice free phone every 2 years with Fido on this plan without tab is nice too.
Decisions...
Mar 20, 2017
28 posts
20 upvotes
Just to confirm for those that were wondering, you can get this promo and use the SPC discount of $10 off per month for 12 months. You will need to do it separately, as their system only allows one promo code per transaction.

I moved my service from PM to Koodo first, and then I ordered the Pixel 2 XL online. Make sure to enter the promo code and confirm that you want to replace the original deal of a $50 bill credit. There will be a banner at the bottom indicating that you will receive this additional discount. In the summary, it's shown as a discount off the tab.

I received an email confirming that I will get a $100 referral credit when I signed up yesterday. I was provided a link for my referral on the day it changed to $25 but the link led me to a page showing $100 off, and I had gone through all the necessary steps before moving my service over on that day itself.

So based on this, if you happen to have an email confirmation for a $100 referral credit and you have yet to sign up for whatever reason, it should still give you that amount. Again, it does seem like the referral program is very glitchy so ymmv.
Current Plan - Koodo $40 6GB + free 2GB add on for 24 months
Dec 27, 2017
269 posts
82 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote: Get her a nice white case and save yourself a ton of money...
LOL, that sounds like a good plan. She has a nice acrylic case showing her white/silver 5S nicely. I'll have to find something equally nice and she can likely live with a black front face.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2329 posts
686 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
You can always get the line first with a new number. When she's ready you can port her number over.
eljay0 wrote: Wait a minute... so I can add a second line with Koodo on the same plan?

I just switched over yesterday. I have my wife on older Fido plan @ $29/mo for 450 weekday mins and 600MB data. That's not a whole lot of data, but she rarely goes over it being on wifi during the day and on my hotspot when we're out together. But unlimited minutes and 6GB of data for extra $11/mo sounds appealing. Especially, since Fido changed its overage fees to $5 per extra 100MB. But getting a nice free phone every 2 years with Fido on this plan without tab is nice too.
Decisions...
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1309 posts
256 upvotes
ORLEANS
Anyone know if we place orders before the March 15 deadline, will we still get the plan even though it did not ship yet?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19321 posts
7427 upvotes
Toronto
Palidino wrote: Anyone know if we place orders before the March 15 deadline, will we still get the plan even though it did not ship yet?
Until the promo code expires on the system, you can order online and get the deal. Completing the online purchase is all you need to do ahead of the deadline. Having said that why would you not take action a few days before just in case? Is there a huge advantage in waiting another few days?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1309 posts
256 upvotes
ORLEANS
will888 wrote: Until the promo code expires on the system, you can order online and get the deal. Completing the online purchase is all you need to do ahead of the deadline. Having said that why would you not take action a few days before just in case? Is there a huge advantage in waiting another few days?
My family has 3 PM accounts already on the Koodo plan. But did not port over any numbers yet. I need to activate 2 more plans for me and my dad which we aren’t PM customers. But will use previously used validation codes. The codes still work but I am not sure if One of my PM lines port over, will the validation code be tagged as used. And that I already paid for SIM cards online. So I don’t go in store. But I did get email from Koodo with my plan and SIM card. So you think I will still get the plan even if I placed the order before March 15 but maybe the order ships March 16?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2536 posts
2154 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I ordered last Tuesay and still haven't receive email for SIM card shippment. I email weborder on friday and still haven't heard anything.

Anyone have same issue?
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1155 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
cheapshopper wrote: I ordered last Tuesay and still haven't receive email for SIM card shippment. I email weborder on friday and still haven't heard anything.

Anyone have same issue?
Same boat, same time ordering SIM, nothing yet.
Zoomer Wireless $40.50/6GB unlimited minute plan;
Public Mobile $15 unlimited incoming call;
Fido $10 4GB LTE data/Month plan
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2329 posts
686 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I think you going on the promo plan without porting is the same idea as adding as many lines as you like just as long as your one PM phone number qualifies. The promo code can be reused.

As long as your check out have the plan in the order confirmation, Koodo will have to honour your contract even after promo ends.
Palidino wrote: My family has 3 PM accounts already on the Koodo plan. But did not port over any numbers yet. I need to activate 2 more plans for me and my dad which we aren’t PM customers. But will use previously used validation codes. The codes still work but I am not sure if One of my PM lines port over, will the validation code be tagged as used. And that I already paid for SIM cards online. So I don’t go in store. But I did get email from Koodo with my plan and SIM card. So you think I will still get the plan even if I placed the order before March 15 but maybe the order ships March 16?
Last edited by NixxonExxo on Mar 12th, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
[solicitation removed]
Jul 5, 2004
24711 posts
4024 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote: I ordered last Tuesay and still haven't receive email for SIM card shippment. I email weborder on friday and still haven't heard anything.

Anyone have same issue?
Yep. The website clearly says up to 10 business days though, so not sure why you were expecting anything faster.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1155 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
Shaner wrote: Yep. The website clearly says up to 10 business days though, so not sure why you were expecting anything faster.
At the time ordering the SIM, it says 2-5 business days.
Zoomer Wireless $40.50/6GB unlimited minute plan;
Public Mobile $15 unlimited incoming call;
Fido $10 4GB LTE data/Month plan
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17135 posts
6948 upvotes
Oakville
torontokris wrote: But they removed the rewards from PM at $1/month yet Koodo gives $25-$50-$100 refer a friend. At that rate people would need to stay with PM for just over 2-4-8 years to equal what Koodo is giving. And Koodo gives it to both sides PM only one side. So make that possibly 4-8-16 years.

I don't buy it was just to get people off the PM rewards.
Agreed. I had more than the average number of referrals on PM (around 10, can't remember the exact number) compared to the average consumer, so with that and autopay and loyalty, I was getting $13/month off my bill (I got a few months on the community where I was bored at work, and got $2-3 a month as well, but those were super irregular and not happening anymore anyway)... So based on my scenario, a max $300 referral credit if reached (which I should), plus about $50 leftover credit for the "port from PM" account credit, even accounting for increasing loyalty credits every year, I'm covered all the way up to the equivalent of staying with PM till April of 2020. And that's not factoring in that I can pick up another $300 in account referral credits next year, and the year after, as well. Even if/when Koodo increases my rates, I'm almost certainly going to come out ahead by switching over. *And* I get 2 extra gigs of data (which I'll happily use) and nationwide calling (which I rarely will, but now can if I want), plus better roaming (for me) and the ability to pick up phone deals on a tab if I want. In my case this is absolutely a net loss for Telus, but I don't think they care because all they really wanted to do was get their postpaid subscriber numbers up before fiscal year end.
Headbeancounter wrote: Aren't people worried that Koodo may do an audit and cancel the 2nd line using the same validation code or jack up the price?
Not particularly. They haven't bothered auditing all the people getting out of province plans, and there are literally thousands upon thousands of those, and they would be trivially easy to find (look for all non-QC numbers with a QC-only plan). It *could* happen, but the odds of it are even less IMO. Koodo is still making money off these people, if they decide to switch them over to in-market plans then the people will just jump ship to a competitor. Better to have them on board with a plan that makes a bit less money, than not have them on board at all.
Shaner wrote: Not to mention there's the possibility of cheaper phones with Koodo (such as the Essential for $210). I just don't see how it makes financial sense to stay with PM, unless you have referred 30+ people and spend all your time trying to earn community rewards.
And to get the max community rewards you have to literally spend hundreds of hours a month posting, to get like 6 bucks. That's a terrible hourly rate of return. :)
Palidino wrote: My family has 3 PM accounts already on the Koodo plan. But did not port over any numbers yet. I need to activate 2 more plans for me and my dad which we aren’t PM customers. But will use previously used validation codes. The codes still work but I am not sure if One of my PM lines port over, will the validation code be tagged as used. And that I already paid for SIM cards online. So I don’t go in store. But I did get email from Koodo with my plan and SIM card. So you think I will still get the plan even if I placed the order before March 15 but maybe the order ships March 16?
If you placed the order online already, you're good to go. No worries.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Mar 5, 2018
30 posts
9 upvotes

Anyone have same issue?
yup i'm in same situation bought on wednesday though, waiting for shipping of the sim card. Koodo did charge my credit card for the sim card, though.
Last edited by StanLem on Mar 12th, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.